Battlefield 3 Cracked To Run Without Origin, EA Sheds A Tear

You know that steam asks you if you want your infos to be on the steam survey or not, right?

Nowadays yes, in the past no.

And yes, I still remember the days when Steam was such utter drivel that people raged on and on about it. Funny how people tend to forget all this stuff.

I personally have no stance on EA, they've been good, they've been bad, they've been everything between - as has Valve. I wish people would sometimes remember that as well, instead of bashing them for no reason, seeing as they're doing exactly the same thing as Valve is.

Therefore your point is invalid. Kinda like hating the Germans because of the Nazis role in WW2 even though it was several years ago.

And yes, I still remember the days when Steam was such utter drivel that people raged on and on about it. Funny how people tend to forget all this stuff.

I personally have no stance on EA, they've been good, they've been bad, they've been everything between - as has Valve. I wish people would sometimes remember that as well, instead of bashing them for no reason, seeing as they're doing exactly the same thing as Valve is.

Except Valve is one of the last "great" developers out there whereas EA is and always be a money hungry monster that nobody likes.

Yes, I was thinking the same. When Steam was released, it was the devil itself and there was no end to how bad it was. But that is history, and most people forget the past. Origin will be worked on and polished and soon enough it will just be another game supplier like Steam.

I've been using this flawlessly for 3 days now.

I have no problem with Origin as an updater - much in the same way that I prefer using Desura over downloading mods through http. I just don't want it a) collecting data without an option to opt out, and b) running in the background and interfering with Steam overlay.

I'll stick with Origin on the off chance EA somehow updates Origin to detect this hack and ban people who are using it. Call me paranoid, I don't care. I also don't have a lot of money to throw around too so better safe than sorry. Unless Razer1911 is going to compensate me for all my games on Origin if/when the account gets banned? Since they are so sure it works perfectly and all..

(Y)

Then stop saying that people are hypocrites plz.

When steam sucked, everybody was angry about it. Then it improved and now it's appreciated by a lot of people (there are still some haters around).

Origin sux, and everybody is angry about it .... yet it didn't improves.

How does that make the PC community a bunch of hypocrite?

Then stop saying that people are hypocrites plz.

When steam sucked, everybody was angry about it. Then it improved and now it's appreciated by a lot of people (there are still some haters around).

Origin sux, and everybody is angry about it .... yet it didn't improves.

How does that make the PC community a bunch of hypocrite?

Because it took a while for Steam to get better just like it will take a while for Origin to get better. Also, why can't I buy Valve games without Steam?

To be honest I guess I'm the only person that hasn't had any technical issues with Origin so far...

Honestly dont see what the fuss is about. Tho I do wish they`d fix the random crashes the game has.

Aslong as this crack doesnt allow torrent kiddys on playing with us who have payed for the retail then im fine with it.

Enjoy your cliche of a SP.

Origin I dont mind either, its not invasive and nor is it any worse and or better than steam in my eyes. Tho I can see many people on here dont like change.

Thats and ofc the EA bashers are out in force. Im probably one of them, but tbh just because a company has developed a monopoly and has tried and failed with drm technology and such, doesnt really warrant some of the almost nuclear options and opinions that so many folk are quick to harbour.

Try boycotting worthwhile things, like when Sony decided to shut down Lik-sang.com even tho its own staff were using to buy import games. But hey thats jus my 2 cents, no doubt someone will post a horrendous tale of customer neglect and or bad service on EA`s part soon. However personally so far I just dont see what the fuss is about.... sorry.

FOR THE LAST TIME, NOT ONE PERSON HAS SAID VALVE SHOULDN'T RELEASE THEIR GAMES STEAM FREE!

I believe both clients (steam and origins) need to work more like GFWL, where there is a mini client launched when the game is launched, and it is overlay only, with the full client being OPTIONAL/FOR DOWNLOAD PURPOSES ONLY. This way the games can be on any DD system and still be in control of the dev, though I believe that if you are going to use another service, OFFER your DLC on the system, but still keep your own.

That way customers and devs win.

FOR THE LAST TIME, NOT ONE PERSON HAS SAID VALVE SHOULDN'T RELEASE THEIR GAMES STEAM FREE!

I believe both clients (steam and origins) need to work more like GFWL, where there is a mini client launched when the game is launched, and it is overlay only, with the full client being OPTIONAL/FOR DOWNLOAD PURPOSES ONLY. This way the games can be on any DD system and still be in control of the dev, though I believe that if you are going to use another service, OFFER your DLC on the system, but still keep your own.

That way customers and devs win.

So then even SP would be online?

There's a far easier solution. If you don't like EA's tactics and their "spyware", do what I do and vote with your wallet. Don't buy the game at all.

Oh, but the game is so worth the money! Activision is next I'm sure, people seem to forget how hated and despised Steam was when it launched.

Because it took a while for Steam to get better just like it will take a while for Origin to get better. Also, why can't I buy Valve games without Steam?

To be honest I guess I'm the only person that hasn't had any technical issues with Origin so far...

You can't get Valve games without Steam because they are steamworks.

Try playing L4D without the server browser (this includes the matchmaking), it will be a bit dull ....

And there is an offline mode for steam in case of emergency.

I've been using this flawlessly for 3 days now.

I have no problem with Origin as an updater - much in the same way that I prefer using Desura over downloading mods through http. I just don't want it a) collecting data without an option to opt out, and b) running in the background and interfering with Steam overlay.

Aren't you worried that punkbuster going suddenly decide to ban you, for using the modified exe because it thought it's a hack? And Origin's overlay is bound to a different key than Steam's one by default.

You shouldn't have problems with them interfering with each other.

Have you ever tried to use it without being connected to the Internet? It never works.

I hope they remove it from Sims 3 too. The latest expansion 'Pets' has it bundled and is annoying me because my girlfriend won't shut up about how much it annoys her.

At this point, it seems like bundled 'tools' like Origin aka spyware or DRM protection that has legitimate users having to jump through hoops and be frustrated is helping who exactly? Certainly not helping the developers, as the games are cracked and pirated still... certainly not helping the publishers as we have people giving up paying for DMR riddled titles... and its certainly not helping consumers who, due to problems with it, are having more of a hard time just to play the games and such. It seems the only winners here are the people who don't pay and pirate the games.

I'm struggling to find reasons to stay with the PC for gaming if EA and the likes continue to punish us for buying games on the platform.

Aren't you worried that punkbuster going suddenly decide to ban you, for using the modified exe because it thought it's a hack? And Origin's overlay is bound to a different key than Steam's one by default.

You shouldn't have problems with them interfering with each other.

1. If that happens, I'm getting it on Steam when it's on sale next (yes it IS coming to Steam). The game in its current state has me just about to quit.

2. Through years of using the Steam overlay, I accidentally hit shift-tab to close Origin's overlay all the time. This causes the both of them to conflict, and my game to become unresponsive.

1. If that happens, I'm getting it on Steam when it's on sale next (yes it IS coming to Steam). The game in its current state has me just about to quit.

No, it's not. Nothing has been announced as of yet, and there's no indication anything will be. Could change, but your statement is false for now.

If someone has actually bought the game, why would they wanna dump Origin?

Cause you can buy the game in the store and play it and with that you shouldn't have to be forced to load Origin to play it since its nothing but junk anyway..same goes with Battlelog.

Once I get my very cheap copy soon I'll load this patch and smile the whole time I'm playing...screw Origin and Screw EA for pushing it on people!

No, it's not. Nothing has been announced as of yet, and there's no indication anything will be. Could change, but your statement is false for now.

Do they need an announcement to put it on a digital platform? Files for BF3 have been found in Steam. A community manager that I spoke with said "not at launch, but after" when I asked whether Steam would have it at launch. Valve and EA are confirmed to be in talks about BF3 and future company relations.

It's coming to Steam, and you'd better believe it.

And like I said, I force myself to play this game in the state that it is in. I haven't ragequit only because my community has some servers in it.

You can't get Valve games without Steam because they are steamworks.

Try playing L4D without the server browser (this includes the matchmaking), it will be a bit dull ....

Surely they can make the server browser in-game, no? And make other Steamworks features optional.

Regarding Steam's offline mode, well, there have been plenty of complaints of it not working. Not as overblown as the whole Origin thing though, of course not.