Battlefield 3 Cracked To Run Without Origin, EA Sheds A Tear

the ripping group finds which files were moddified during the update and they upload them. then the end user extracts them to thier battlefield folder and they are now updated. by looking at the bf3 folder it seems they store all update information in one folder which makes it dead simple to figure out and upload.

This is turning into a pointless discussion if you ask me. It's coming down to what one person prefers; not installing additional software because they're already using Steam. Afraid of anything EA releases because oh noes, everyone these days is out to read sensitive data! Like a company like EA cares about your sensitive data :/ And people who actually want to do it all legitimately (like myself). At least the latter won't have to fear that our keys might get banned, or have a sloppy patch ruining the game, or having to wait for the guys who patch the game whenever there's an update.

As I said before, it is completely illegal to take a companies software, repackage it and redistribute it. You agree to that when you sign into Origin and Battlelog, it will simply be a matter of time before EA does a quick system check for Origin, then ban those that have circumvented the program all with your approval. Not worth it.

You think an outfit that cracks and releases the latest games before they are even out cares that repackaging and distributing software is illegal?

Ok, then what happens when EA patches the game again?

They will recrack it most likely.

You think an outfit that cracks and releases the latest games before they are even out cares that repackaging and distributing software is illegal?

No, but you will when your key is banned.

Well, seeing as a lot of folks in this thread (and the guy I was responding to) seem to be from the US, I figured it was easier if I just quoted the US $ price. ;) It's actually 40 pounds here, which is still way too much for a game as far as I'm concerned. I don't pay more than ?30 tops for games, ever, especially considering these days you'd be lucky to get more than 8 hours SP play from them...

Didn't you guys have the option to order from VAT free locations too? Wasn't one of the UK isles a tax evasion place at one point? :p

Guys, I think it's time to give this thread a rest. All the Origin fanboys are showing no signs of listening to common sense after 8 goddamn pages.

No, but you will when your key is banned.

The game is so terrible that I quite frankly don't care in the slightest.

Guys, I think it's time to give this thread a rest. All the Origin fanboys are showing no signs of listening to common sense after 8 goddamn pages.

Not having a senseless hate for EA is "fanboying"?

Interesting, I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I discuss politics.

Not having a senseless hate for EA is "fanboying"?

Interesting, I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I discuss politics.

The fact that you are all defending Origin, a piece of software with literally no technical purpose, states so. I'm not going to go through this for the fifteenth time.

@Reacon: We should especially stop now, now that we're being called fanboys only cause we say nothing negative about EA. It's really lame how people who don't say anything negative about something, are instantly called fanboys. Another reason to stop this discussion now is because you seem to think that only your way of thinking is common sense, and the ones who are giving reasons why one should use Origin don't have common sense. Really, nice way of having a discussion is to downtalk on people, isn't it?

Nice comeback.

Not a comeback just the truth.

<Snipped>

The game is so terrible that I quite frankly don't care in the slightest.

So you proved my point, you are arguing to just argue. Superstar.

Edited by Anaron

Not a comeback just the truth.

A: I dont use the crack

B: I couldnt give a toss

BF3 was supposed to be the big return of Battlefield to the PC, it was supposed to be the 'true' sequel to BF2.

Its just Bad Company 3, in a somewhat modern and realistic setting, half the maps only suit one mode of play, if you try and play the other mode they are ridiculously biased towards attacking or defending. Rocket and grenade spamfest, its closer to CoD than it is BF2.

If i got banned, big deal.

The fact that you are all defending Origin, a piece of software with literally no technical purpose, states so. I'm not going to go through this for the fifteenth time.

No one is defending anything, I am just simply stating that EVERYTHING you have said up to this point makes no sense what so ever and that your blatant spreading of FUD should stop, everything you have said up to this point is mere opinion, not fact and you are trying to blame a piece of software for your poor PC performance.

A: I dont use the crack

B: I couldnt give a toss

BF3 was supposed to be the big return of Battlefield to the PC, it was supposed to be the 'true' sequel to BF2.

Its just Bad Company 3, in a somewhat modern and realistic setting, half the maps only suit one mode of play, if you try and play the other mode they are ridiculously biased towards attacking or defending. Rocket and grenade spamfest, its closer to CoD than it is BF2.

If i got banned, big deal.

So what does your opinion about the game matter about Origin? This thread is about Origin, go over to the BF3 thread and you can discuss the game there. So like others you are simply arguing to argue and spreading FUD. Good Job.

Lets just drop it guys. One groups likes to use it through Origin and others don't. Everyone's allowed to make their own choice about it. Lets not make this a hate party :/

<Snipped>

Lets just drop it guys. One groups likes to use it through Origin and others don't. Everyone's allowed to make their own choice about it. Lets not make this a hate party :/

The issue is what happens in three weeks when a new patch comes out, un suspecting users read about this new patch here on Neo, patch their game and it no longer works or worse, they get banned??? I could care less about Origin, I care about my game working as it should.

Edited by Anaron

Although I wont be installing this crack, I do find Origin completely and utterly useless. It is beyond unnecessary. Why on earth EA couldn't just release the game via Steam, an already well established distribution platform, is beyond me. Their sales would have been much higher in my opinion and it would have eliminated one extra piece of garbage software which acts as another point of failure.

An extremely poor move by EA. :crazy:

@Reacon: We should especially stop now, now that we're being called fanboys only cause we say nothing negative about EA. It's really lame how people who don't say anything negative about something, are instantly called fanboys. Another reason to stop this discussion now is because you seem to think that only your way of thinking is common sense, and the ones who are giving reasons why one should use Origin don't have common sense. Really, nice way of having a discussion is to downtalk on people, isn't it?

Don't deceive yourself. To repeat myself for the sixteenth time, Origin has no purpose. Why would you defend a piece of purposeless piece of cumbersome software that you're forced to use for no reason other than the fact that EA says so, and then not call yourself at least slightly a fanboy? Is it not the spirit of both the rights advocate and the geek to request more control over their property?

@Rooster69: Aren't you being a little bit of a hypocrite there, or are you just not reading my posts? I like how every time you quote me, my posts are butchered to the point where it looks like I haven't a clue what I'm talking about. You remove the entire body and main argument and reply to 1-2 sentences that mean little on their own. Read my posts and don't pointlessly derail them, or I won't take you seriously.

I'm arguing because I think that EA is every bit as bad as Activision, and it pains me to see people suck up to them like this.

Sorry, I quote your posts as you originally post them. I can not help 30 mins later when you finally think of something witty to say, you edit them.

I edit my posts when I feel like I should have worded something better, or something needs clarification. Would you rather I proofread each of my posts like they're a paper, or clarify myself in an entire new post? Also, to be fair, the Edit button expires quite quickly.

A quick example. Here, you take the top and bottom of my post and ignore the main body of it. Origin is fundamentally useless in the presence of its superior cousin. Why doesn't EA make something better than Steam, rather than something that overlaps purposes. I'm pretty sure the brilliant minds at EA can think of something to give users an incentive to use it, rather then forcing us to play a game with it.

Yup, because I'm accepting to install Origin to play one of my favourite games. Yup, I'm indeed a fanboy. Because hey, if we don't say anything negative, we're fanboys! The only purpose it serves for me is being able to play Battlefield 3 without losing functionality update-wise and DLC-wise.

It's still funny how you see it as "fanboy-ism" or as "sucking up". For me it's nothing like that. If I was given a choice in the install to use Origin or not, I'd have chosen to not install Origin. But not because I'm having negative thoughts about a distributor, because I don't really care much about them. I only care about the game that they've released which I want to be able to play. Since they've given me no choice, I've accepted to use Origin to be able to play Battlefield 3. I need Origin to actually get updates to the game and get the DLC's I want, redeem the codes I want. This is a choice that I've made, much like the choice you've made. It seems it's hard for you to accept this without being all negative about the choice one has made.

This thread is hillariously stupid. It could have ended ages ago because it's simply

A) Use this crack to remove orgin and risk getting banned somewhere along the line

B) Don't use this crack, but live with a piece of software running in the background.

All of you saying you don't care if you get banned, clearly care enough about the game to have an opinion on having orgin running whist you are playing it =/

<Snipped>

@Capric0rn: I consider you a fanboy because despite all the evidence against it, you choose to believe that Origin is the best platform for this. Isn't it common sense to want to improve on something?

Edited by Anaron

Where did I say it's the best platform for this? I rather have BF3 in Steam but I'm not given that option. I've only accepted that I have to use Origin without losing the update function and whatnot. I even said that if I had been given the choice of install Origin or not during install, I'd not have done it.

Whatever though dude. If you want to call me a fanboy, go ahead and do whatever pleases you. It just seems like all you care about is your own opinion, and are all negative about someone else's.

<Snipped>

@Capric0rn: I consider you a fanboy because despite all the evidence against it, you choose to believe that Origin is the best platform for this. Isn't it common sense to want to improve on something?

The problem is that your "evidence" is opinion. No one can answer how they will update their game, how they will receive DLC ect.... All I get is assumptions. No one has released the patch for the release day patch yet?????