The 2003 Neowin MLB Playoff Thread

Not one of them would have to lose again, the Cubs would have to lose again. The NLs got little to no chance in this World Series.

im an NL guy, but i kinda agree.. but if new york makes it ill be pulling for the NL, whoever it may be.. the yankees are the devil

only one downside to it.. one of them would have to lose.. again.. and then they would be all alone.. the cubs and red sox have always kinda fed off eachother.. the white sox havent won it since 1917 and the indians havent since 1948, but those teams just dont have the same kind of fans and arent as easy to love as the cubs and sox

the other team would lose, but that means that they will win the ws EVENTUALLY...it just has to be that way...maybe i'm just optimistic

man, what a great game yesterday :D :D :D

i was grinning ear to ear. in a bar with about 30 other people, i was the only one watching the cubs game. everyone else was watching the ALCS.

hey redrope, what was that about sosa being overpaid? ;)

im an NL guy, but i kinda agree.. but if new york makes it ill be pulling for the NL, whoever it may be.. the yankees are the devil

Oh totally, I'm in Boston now, so I've got to root for the Sox, but I grew up liking Chicago teams ... it'll be fun no matter what happens now.

Unless those stupid Marlins win ;)

There is a yankee fan, a red sox fan, a cubs fan and a marlins fan climbing up to the top of a mountain talking about how loyal they are to their team, and how they would do anything for them. Once they reach the top of the mountain the cubs fan screams, "THIS IS FOR THE CUBS" and jumps off. The marlins fan screams "THIS IS FOR THE MARLINS" and he too jumps off of the mountain. Finally the red sox fan screams, "THIS IS FOR EVERYONE" and pushes the yankee fan off.

Unless those stupid Marlins win ;)

better the marlins than the yankees..

There is a yankee fan, a red sox fan, a cubs fan and a marlins fan climbing up to the top of a mountain talking about how loyal they are to their team, and how they would do anything for them. Once they reach the top of the mountain the cubs fan screams, "THIS IS FOR THE CUBS" and jumps off. The marlins fan screams "THIS IS FOR THE MARLINS" and he too jumps off of the mountain. Finally the red sox fan screams, "THIS IS FOR EVERYONE" and pushes the yankee fan off.

excellent :laugh:

:laugh:

Isn't the term "Battin for the Yankees" a slang for Gay in Boston :p

lmao, nice

cool scifi intro for the game tonight (Y)

*anita still shudders at the thought of rooting for the bosox - but she must until the world series*

Just got back from yankee stadium, watching the socks get RIPPED APART by Contreras/Rivera......Game 3 should be fun.....Too bad pedro needs a walking stick to reach the mound....this aint even a series anymore....BRING ON WHOEVER, YANKS ALL THE WAY........NEW YORK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S -Giambis got his swing back...Bernies unconscious...Posada is unbelieveable....man do i feel bad for the sox

P.S.S - 1918!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.S.S - Bill buckner ring a bell?

home run randall simon!!! 4-3 cubs in the 8th!

bah marlins just scored... tied the game at 4.. bot of 9th with one on, no outs..... i dont have a good feeling about this :blink: go cubs :cool:

Ugh, this is an intense game. Im not too excited about this next inning.. Lowell has a tendency to hurt us. Hopefully we can get to the Sammy/Alou/Aramis part of the order again and smack one tho.