The 2003 Neowin MLB Playoff Thread

Bah, I have to give in. Since the Cubs made it past the Braves I give them some credit. I think they have a chance at the big Series for only one reason-they're playing the Marlins. Had it been the Giants who would've beat Florida, it'd be a different story. I never thought I would be saying this, but good luck Cubbies.

6-4. GAH.

Edit - Thank you Alex Gonzalez. 2 run HR, 6-6. This is a great game. Now that someone got to Beckett, hopefully more people will.

Edited by redrope

bah im so tired of the marlins.. i can just see 1997 happening all over again.. they win the world series, no one cares, then they sell all their players and win 60 games the next year. the marlins fans are all bandwagon hoppers, the cubs have real fans, and are a better team than florida. this is only one game, hopefully they can still pull it out

2 games tonight, red sox/yanks and cubs/marlins. kinda a must win tonight for the cubbies, and theyve got prior going, so theyve got a good shot. red sox yankees should be a great series. red sox nation against the evil empire.. lets go sox and cubbies!

It isn't a must win in a 7 game series till you are 2-0, then I really think it is, but with Prior pitching, and Wood, who Jack McKeon has already stated he is absolutely terrified of going against, the Cubs have a good chance of going 2-1, and if Clement, who either struggles or pitches like Prior/Wood, can be on fire for that game, they could go up 3-1. But all hypothetical, but hey, I was at last night's game outside on Waveland when Sosa hit the bomb in the bottom of the 9th, holy ****! I was drunk as hell from being at the bar and then I was outside Wrigley, it was pandemonium, it was like we'd won the World Series for a minute. Insane! I got my tickets, row 11 behind the Cubs dugout, couldn't make it there tonight, boss said I absolutely had to come in if I wanted off for any more games... so here I am. DAMMIT!

I'm trying to flip between the games. It's gonna be fun (Y)

NEVER EVER thought that I'd be rooting for an American League team - esp NYY and the Bosox - to win a game but here I am with fingers crossed for the Bosox. But, dammit, I want a Cubbies-Bosox world series!

GO CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!