The 2003 Neowin MLB Playoff Thread

6-0...such a beautiful sight! Right now I think my WOW for the night is that Bosox homer that just got hit into the upper level seats.

7-0 Cubbies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Y)

i sure hope the cubs dont try to blow this lead like they blew their 4-0 lead last night

nah....they learned their lesson in 1929 against the philly a's

yeah if only they could have held on to games 4 and 5 of that series they would have been up 3-2 going back to wrigley and this 95 year drought might only be a 74 year drought...

but they won tonight and so did the sox.. i feel a little better about the cubs right now than the sox.. im not really too confident with just one win over the yankees.. if they can go up 2-0 going back to fenway i might feel a little better about it

Good game Cubs! 1-1 now!

Is it just me or can anyone else not believe the neverending sport has just started again today....hockey. Ugh.

Is it just me or can anyone else not believe the neverending sport has just started again today....hockey. Ugh.

sure it has a long season, but hockey is cool.. but if they dont sign a new collective bargaining agreement by next september, you wont have to worry about hockey starting up next season

sure it has a long season, but hockey is cool.. but if they dont sign a new collective bargaining agreement by next september, you wont have to worry about hockey starting up next season

I like hockey, but the whole sport needs a workover. 70% of the teams make it into the playoffs after an incredibly long and often dull season. I think hockey should be 16 games, and the NFL around 100. :yes:

yeah if only they could have held on to games 4 and 5 of that series they would have been up 3-2 going back to wrigley and this 95 year drought might only be a 74 year drought...

but they won tonight and so did the sox.. i feel a little better about the cubs right now than the sox.. im not really too confident with just one win over the yankees.. if they can go up 2-0 going back to fenway i might feel a little better about it

Same here, but at the same time i'm EXCITED that the cubs and sox have WON games. I think it gives them both a bit more momentum to go for wins in the other games. Also...I just get excited when I think of a cubs-sox series.

I like hockey, but the whole sport needs a workover. 70% of the teams make it into the playoffs after an incredibly long and often dull season. I think hockey should be 16 games, and the NFL around 100. :yes:

Now BOOG...a 100 game football season???? Talk about ICK! You move to Cincinnati and you'll soon hate it. Anyway...football starts at like the end of August? And it goes through the end of January? That's 5 months to play 16 games! What a waste!

As for hockey, I don't think the season is NEAR as long as basketball's is. I'd be happy if basketball disappeared.

Same here, but at the same time i'm EXCITED that the cubs and sox have WON games. I think it gives them both a bit more momentum to go for wins in the other games. Also...I just get excited when I think of a cubs-sox series.

me too.. a cubs-sox series is something ive dreamed about since i first starting watching baseball when i was like 3.. 2 magnificent classic ballparks, 2 sets of loyal, devoted, and knowledgable fans, 2 teams with nearly century long world series droughts, if not for the DH, it would be a baseball purist's dream come true

me too.. a cubs-sox series is something ive dreamed about since i first starting watching baseball when i was like 3.. 2 magnificent classic ballparks, 2 sets of loyal, devoted, and knowledgable fans, 2 teams with nearly century long world series droughts, if not for the DH, it would be a baseball purist's dream come true

You are right on every count. Perfect (Y)

Now BOOG...a 100 game football season???? Talk about ICK! You move to Cincinnati and you'll soon hate it. Anyway...football starts at like the end of August? And it goes through the end of January? That's 5 months to play 16 games! What a waste!

As for hockey, I don't think the season is NEAR as long as basketball's is. I'd be happy if basketball disappeared.

See...that's the point. I'm a Cowboy fan. :) Bring on the football.

Now BOOG...a 100 game football season????  Talk about ICK!  You move to Cincinnati and you'll soon hate it.  Anyway...football starts at like the end of August?  And it goes through the end of January?  That's 5 months to play 16 games!  What a waste!

As for hockey, I don't think the season is NEAR as long as basketball's is.  I'd be happy if basketball disappeared.

See...that's the point. I'm a Cowboy fan. :) Bring on the football.

*sigh*

:argh:

I think the entire country will fall in love with baseball even more with a Chicago Cubs vs. Boston Red Sox World Series.

yah...it would be a great way to bring it out of the hole it's been in and bring the fans back

I think the entire country will fall in love with baseball even more with a Chicago Cubs vs. Boston Red Sox World Series.

yep.. the ratings are already up 21% so far, just imagine if they both made the series

yep.. the ratings are already up 21% so far, just imagine if they both made the series

The ratings would go sky high and hell would freeze over because one of them would HAVE to win. I think I'd die of happiness.

The ratings would go sky high and hell would freeze over because one of them would HAVE to win. I think I'd die of happiness.

only one downside to it.. one of them would have to lose.. again.. and then they would be all alone.. the cubs and red sox have always kinda fed off eachother.. the white sox havent won it since 1917 and the indians havent since 1948, but those teams just dont have the same kind of fans and arent as easy to love as the cubs and sox

only one downside to it.. one of them would have to lose.. again.. and then they would be all alone.. the cubs and red sox have always kinda fed off eachother.. the white sox havent won it since 1917 and the indians havent since 1948, but those teams just dont have the same kind of fans and arent as easy to love as the cubs and sox

Not one of them would have to lose again, the Cubs would have to lose again. The NLs got little to no chance in this World Series.