Burger King cashier calls cops on 'herb' smoker

Just the reaction I thought I get.

Not lies, facts. Don't like it? Smoke it day in day out for 30 years and then come see me.

Seeing how I have been doing it for the past 12 years, and haven't had a single issue, I would call it total BS. So would all the test done on it that would say it doesn't do that either. But good to see you using only 1 example of someone who probably has bigger issues and other drug addictions, as an example that everyone should follow...

I've cut back recently, due to girlfriend and job. But for the past 12 years, I'd say I've been on a diet of 5+ blunts a day pot diet. I'm just fine.

It's not something that is for everybody, and nothing is. It is also not something I will be doing my whole life. But it isn't a bad thing as people make it out to be. Media, ignorance, and just blind fear have demonized it completely.

Sugar and Salt are worse for the body than marijuana. Fat is worse for you. Coffee is worse. Alcohol is worse. But as I said before, not everything is for everybody. Just because it doesn't go well for 1 person, doesn't mean it is bad for all.

This is so so so so so so wrong. I've known several people who've driven while intoxicated for 10~ years and didn't get in any accidents - Does that make that alright too? Of course not. Just because some people can do it doesn't mean that everyone can or that it's suddenly alright. Cashier did the right thing, hands down, and the smoker did the wrong thing for smoking while driving.

Edit: Also ... I work in the restaurant industry, this means that I come into contact with a lot of people. You can spot a stoner a mile away. I'm not talking about someone that every now and then smokes a bit I'm talking about someone that smokes all the time and has for awhile. Can spot them a mile away. They don't realize it, but you can definitely tell, so I don't believe for a second that being a stoner doesn't have any negative impact on you. But I guess it's the cool thing now to pretend like pot is great for you and has no negative effects. *shrug*

I stated that marijuana could cause a driver to get into an accident. It's not advised to do it, no. However, On average, it is much safter to drive under the influence of marijuana than it is to drive under the influence of alcohol. On average, most people who are regular smokers don't have a problem at all with driving high.

Also, it's not the cool thing now to pretend like pot is great for you and has no negative effects. The fact is, that the negative effects most people precieve to go with marijuana are mostly pure fud and misinformation. To think marijuana ruins peoples life, no matter how much one smokes it, without considering other factors in that persons life is ignorant and wrong.

If that is possible, I sure will. Fact is, the way you describe your brother is not how marijuana effects people over any period of time, solely by it's self. Maybe your brother hasn't told you about other drug use? There are plenty of people that have been smoking it for that long, and don't have any of those problems.

It's not "marijuana" he smokes, it's cannabis resin and sometimes skunk (which is way stronger). He's never really cared for other drugs though he tries mushrooms from time to time. It's the cannabis he uses every day.

I've cut back recently, due to girlfriend and job. But for the past 12 years, I'd say I've been on a diet of 5+ blunts a day pot diet. I'm just fine.

5 blunts? Is that all? My brother regularly goes through an 8th of an ounce a day, sometimes more. And he doesn't faff around with stupid joints either, he uses a bhong.

Anyway, I couldn't care less that people use the stuff, it's their life. What I *do* care about is that they'll then do things like driving whilst stoned, and that's risking OTHER people.

It's not "marijuana" he smokes, it's cannabis resin and sometimes skunk (which is way stronger). He's never really cared for other drugs though he tries mushrooms from time to time. It's the cannabis he uses every day.

Cannabis is the same thing as marijuana, I dont see what you are saying. Resin is even less potent. Skunk, I'm not sure about because I know over there in the UK it is kinda different. Maybe the mushrooms have had a bad effect on him? I don't know. The fact is what is going on with your brother is no where near typical as people have said in here and as research would back up. If it truely is just regular ol marijuana that has done this to your brother, which I will always find hard to believe, then it's still not fair for you to apply this one rare case to millions that smoke it every day and have for years that lead perfectly normal lives and have no sort of horrible issues that you describe.

Anyway, I couldn't care less that people use the stuff, it's their life. What I *do* care about is that they'll then do things like driving whilst stoned, and that's risking OTHER people.

I understand your concern, and I agree to an extent. As selfish as it might be of me as a mj user myself, I want the pilots flying the planes I'm on to be tested and clean, I want those that drive the trains, operate the cranes and cruise ships to be tested and clean as well. I hoped that my ENT that performed endoscopic sinus surgery on me wasn't high, etc etc.

But as far as my fellow drivers...well watch a video sometime of people driving an obstacle course after 5 Long Island Iced-Tea's compared to someone running it that just smoked a pile of weed. Seriously, there isn't any comparison and there are chemicals and conditions affecting other drivers that should concern you way more than someone who just smoked a joint and hopped behind the wheel.

5 blunts? Is that all? My brother regularly goes through an 8th of an ounce a day, sometimes more. And he doesn't faff around with stupid joints either, he uses a bhong.

5 blunts normally would be more than an 8th a day. An 8th a day is not some amazing amount. Plenty of people smoke that and more a day.

Cannabis is the same thing as marijuana, I dont see what you are saying. Resin is even less potent. Skunk, I'm not sure about because I know over there in the UK it is kinda different. Maybe the mushrooms have had a bad effect on him? I don't know. The fact is what is going on with your brother is no where near typical as people have said in here and as research would back up. If it truely is just regular ol marijuana that has done this to your brother, which I will always find hard to believe, then it's still not fair for you to apply this one rare case to millions that smoke it every day and have for years that lead perfectly normal lives and have no sort of horrible issues that you describe.

It's like this; resin/concentrates/hash/honey oil...all incredibly potent forms bu it still only gets you so high. There isn't an overdose limit where you black out and run into things. People that haven't actually used weed and just listen to the age-old lies about it don't know this though.

I think he and/or his family should spend more time trying to figure out why the brother is really having problems in life and try to help rather than taking the easy way out and just pointing at weed. Most likely excessive pot smoking may be covering up some other really awful underlying condition(s).

Sad people need to smoke weed to carry on their daily lives. I pity you people because you get by using drugs. Oh and don't tell me that weed is "harmless". My best friend does weed(around 2-3 joints a day) and his grades have dropped and he doesn't "give a f***" about life. Its just retarded, really. GO screw your own lives but please don't give my future kids any such wrong message. I don't care if you end up dead or whatever but leave people who want to keep their friends/family clean alone.

Sad people need to smoke weed to carry on their daily lives. I pity you people because you get by using drugs. Oh and don't tell me that weed is "harmless". My best friend does weed(around 2-3 joints a day) and his grades have dropped and he doesn't "give a f***" about life. Its just retarded, really. GO screw your own lives but please don't give my future kids any such wrong message. I don't care if you end up dead or whatever but leave people who want to keep their friends/family clean alone.

Once again, another person assuming weed is the persons problem. Your friend may be depressed, maybe thats the problem? There are all kinds of people who smoke weed and lead a good life. You assume we are scewing our lives and that marijuana is horrible. If you looked at all the research and studies, you would see you are wrong. I guess some people just like to remain closed minded and blind from the truth.

I think he and/or his family should spend more time trying to figure out why the brother is really having problems in life and try to help rather than taking the easy way out and just pointing at weed. Most likely excessive pot smoking may be covering up some other really awful underlying condition(s).

Look, he started using it when he was about 17 and was diagnosed with testicular cancer, ok? That bloody thing came >< close to killing him, but he survived it and has been in remission since. No recurrence. The chemo and radio therapy was horrible and the cannabis helped him deal with its affects.

Used appropriately it's great stuff and VERY affective at treating certain things.

But then his usage increased and went beyond a joke. Bhonging hits you FAR more potently than using joints and I've lost count of the times I've seen him reduced to a drooling idiot from the stuff.

You really think it's a good idea to drive when you can get into that state on it?

I've been stoned ONCE in my life, and that was just from being in the same room as my bro and his buddies whilst they were using their bhongs. It took less then 10 minutes for me to get so wasted I fell out of my chair and couldn't walk, that's how thick the smoke was.

I smoke regularly and I can honestly say that I can function completely fine while high, it doesn't work the same as when I drink at all. I would never drink and drive but smoke and drive all the time. Fatman is full of ****.. 8th>5 average blunts? NO. However if his brother smoked an 8th of straight resin for 30 years I wouldn't doubt that he'd be messed up, that **** can be harsh haha.

Smoking weed and driving isn't dangerous.. you drive at around 10 km/h constantly saying **** IS THAT THE POLICE or WHOA WERE GOING SO FAST :p

I do think it was a douche bag thing to do of the Burger King cashier though. Some people forget life is about having fun!

Also I strongly believe anyone here criticising that weed is really bad for you hasn't even tried it themselves. The government used to tell people that smoking cigarettes was healthy once upon a time, remember? Governments can have hidden agendas like they do with weed (no ability to tax to the level they want, etc). I really think they should just legalize weed and be done with it!

ok sure lets legalize canabis do you dont need a mecial perscription to obtain it. then as soon as some one kills or mames a member of your family while

under the infulence of canabis you would be one of the 1st to complane that is not a good thing to have it legalized. just a shame they dont make alochol

ilegal. o wait they wont do that as they make money from that and people still drink and drive which is dangerious.

the BK employee did what he thort was best, that driver could have caused a crash. i would have done the same thing too

so from the general views in this forum that it was a "douche bag" of the bk employee to do, what about if the employee

had smelt alochol on the drivers breath, you would all be praseing the employee for reporting the driver to the police.

but its ok becasue its weed man!

now whos the hypocrite?

I am amazed that people here are defending driving while high. Totally amazed. No wonder why the world is so ****ed up.

I am really amazed how quick people are to judge without having any real knowledge or expierence on the subject. No wonder why the world is so ****ed up. Maybe I'm wrong, do you have experience on this subject?

Look, he started using it when he was about 17 and was diagnosed with testicular cancer, ok? That bloody thing came >< close to killing him, but he survived it and has been in remission since. No recurrence. The chemo and radio therapy was horrible and the cannabis helped him deal with its affects.

Used appropriately it's great stuff and VERY affective at treating certain things.

But then his usage increased and went beyond a joke. Bhonging hits you FAR more potently than using joints and I've lost count of the times I've seen him reduced to a drooling idiot from the stuff.

You really think it's a good idea to drive when you can get into that state on it?

I've been stoned ONCE in my life, and that was just from being in the same room as my bro and his buddies whilst they were using their bhongs. It took less then 10 minutes for me to get so wasted I fell out of my chair and couldn't walk, that's how thick the smoke was.

Well most people dont get reduced to a drooling idiot when smoking. Either way you slice it your brother is a rare example and in no way should be compared to an average marijuana smoker or to the marijuana smoking experience. Also, smoking your first time will leave you feeling rather intoxicated and I would not recommend ANYONE drive while just starting to smoke marijuana.

I know what is safe and what is not. At no point would I ever put others life in danger, little alone my own, so many times if marijuana was really that unsafe to drive on. I can't gurantee that I will never get into an accident, but I can gurantee it won't be because of marijuana.

I'm freal done with this topic now though. I have stated my reasonings for how I feel as much as I can. I'm glad to see others in here see it the same way. For the ones that don't, I just hope it isn't due to being closed minded, generalizing, and not looking up the facts for yourself.

The woman who called the cops is a bitch. The fools who did the prank are idiots.

Weed is illegal but which kind of stupid citizen enforces the law? The ignorant ones.

I'm all for punishing idiots for acting so dumb but calling the cops for marijuana is pretty lame in my opinion. If only she knew how many stoned people come through the junk palace every day.

Once again, another person assuming weed is the persons problem. Your friend may be depressed, maybe thats the problem? There are all kinds of people who smoke weed and lead a good life. You assume we are scewing our lives and that marijuana is horrible. If you looked at all the research and studies, you would see you are wrong. I guess some people just like to remain closed minded and blind from the truth.

All I'm saying is its OK really if you want to smoke, regardless of what it does to/for your life. Just don't condone it publicly so kids in school think its cool and pressurize others to do it.

If you had it your way, you would make it mandatory to have weed just for justifying yourself doing weed. Please, just please, do what you want but don't influence others who might start doing the same. You have no right to do that to them.

And according to studies, weed is not addictive(similar to coffee) but most people lack self control to just stop doing it once they start until it gets extreme and starts hurting them.

Weed is bad, regardless of what you think. Even if weed was good, I wouldn't let my family have it because I just hate the culture associated with it.

I smoke weed almost every night and hold down a high paid job with a a host of responsibilities. I know people who have smoked weed all their lives and are completely normal. I also know people who have lost the plot or lost mega motivation due to smoking too much.

Like all things it depends on the person. The same as how some people can't handle too much prescription meds, caffeine, stress in their lives, confrontation etc. etc. while others are fine. I am always allot more aware and cautious driving stoned and there are plenty of studies that prove it does not harmfully affect driving skills.

Fact of the matter is the only reason most people are against weed is because it's illegal, not because they actually have any good bases to be against it.

I view it in the same status as j-walking or accepting a copied CD of a friend.

edit: and surely they realize probably 50% of their late night drive through business if people with the munchies

It is amazing how people can get angry for reporting to the police, there is no law that requires you to report crime, there is however; a moral duty and a citizen duty to do so. In this particular case I bet if the man in the car did n't joke about ordering from the cashier the "herbs", nothing would had happen. I don't understand how some people get upset about this, when there is someone you love affected by a crime then you wish "someone' would reported to the police. my Two cents

LOL I've been driving stoned for 30+ years, no accidents, no tickets (at least not in the last 20 years and then the last was for expired tabs - I was probably high and forgot to renew them :p ) so there goes what's left of your tenuous grip on reality.

PS - That's motorcycles AND cars. I'm licensed for both, no limit on the bikes. Get to know more stoners k? Also, I don't drive drunk (anymore), and I never drove motorcycles drunk - ever. I was pulled over a couple of times when drunk but with an outstanding sense of balance managed to pass the field sobriety tests on both occasions oddly enough and was let go to drive home.

So basically you just confirmed what I said but there goes MY grip on reality? I said that I've known people that have driven while intoxicated for years and never had accidents. That doesn't make it safe or okay, same as driving while stoned. There are people that can do it and get away with it but that doesn't make it safe or right. Thanks for proving my secondary point as well. =)

If/When pot smoking is legalized in the states I imagine people are going to freak out when they find out that it'll have stricter regulations than cigarette smoking (As in, you can't smoke anywhere.) and strict laws about driving while stoned. I would have thought that was just common sense but then I see all these replies about smoking and driving being fine. Hah.

And you wonder why you only qualify to work in the fast food industry. :rolleyes:

yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact I just got out of high school this summer, and I just started community college... nothing to do with that at all.

clearly its because im a pot smoking hippy... oh wait, I dont smoke! and I have called the police on people at work. when its needed.

if you call the cops on someone in portland for smoking weed, chances are they will just get annoyed at you for wasting there time.

and floating fatman, I have asked someone who smokes everyday, since he was 10. he is 42 now, he is probably one of the smartest people I know.

find me 5 reports about somoene crashing while they where high, and high alone. Also, ban drinking anything with caffine while driving, I have had much worse reactions to large amounts of caffine then when I tried smoking weed.

Lol, what an idiot. A 32 year old doing stupid teenage stuff (asking for blunts at a drive-thru, really??)

Bhonging ... bhongs

Why are you spelling it like that?

The drive thru worker did the right thing.

It was the moral thing to do.

Driving under the influence is the same as driving while drunk, and thank go you can't be your own judge..

I actual ran up to a pickup truck and took the keeps from the driver, he was drunk and still drinking while driving. When the cops got there, and tested him, he blew .357, the bar that he left said he was not that drunk when he left a few minutes ago. I was told by several i did the wrong thing by getting involved, but did not care, I have seen the results when people don't do anything. I was not going to allow that to happen.