F1 World Championship 2012 Thread

If it weren't for poor judgement in 2008 and again in 2011 Lewis could and probably should have won every single Canadian GP that he has entered. It's a circuit he just seems to have a special touch around and it's hard to argue against him winning it this weekend.

Never realized just how dull F1 on Sky is, the BBC have all of these amazing videos and news updates during qualifying as a way to keep the viewers up to date and Sky just seems to drag on. :/

mark webber ... alonsos biggest supporter in his wdc-challenge :woot: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Somewhat surprised and disappointed in this. Given that it's a circuit that Lewis has absolutely owned the fact that he couldn't match Red Bull here is an ominous sign for him and the team. I guess after 2 1/2 seasons of it I'm also starting to get sick of the sight of Sebastien Vettel... Seriously I just want him to go the hell away. Red Bull started the season with an underperforming car and he's still coming out on top, the way things fall in his favour are almost uncanny... like the Schumacher domination years.

I think Alonso intentionally wanted to qualify behind Lewis, because Lewis will ram into the back of him if he was ahead.

Are you for real? Lewis hasn't been responsible for a single on track incident this season, he's behaved quite impeccably.

I think Alonso intentionally wanted to qualify behind Lewis, because Lewis will ram into the back of him if he was ahead.

possible. he deffo has nothing to fear of mark webber behind him. this guy has shown nothing to even try to pass alonso since abu dhabi 2010!

nevermind, i hope vettel is gonna win this one he is easily the best driver since 2 years and should lead the wdc again.

Mistake from Ferrari and Red Bull to leave Alonso and Vettel out. Lost them both a definite podium.

Mistake from Ferrari and Red Bull to leave Alonso and Vettel out. Lost them both a definite podium.

true, but it has to be said that redbull still did a good damage limitation, while alonso/ferrari were hopeless - lucky for massas spin and schumis dnf, otherwise alonso wouldnt have finished in the points with that blunder.

also: hamilton is an awesome overtaker.

In all fairness Alonso had very little left to fight with his tyres were finished.

Man of the race: Lewis Hamilton.

Rejects of the race: Michael Schumacher's mechanics. Come on folks - enough with the mechanical failures already.

Amazing race for Lewis, The second they saw Lewis doing a second a lap faster they should of pitted, 20 laps they had to pit not sure what they were thinking there was noway they could have survived that.

Good result for Lewis and McLaren, hats for to Romain Grosjean and Sergio Perez. It's all about tire management this years and these guy it it spot on.

Not sure is I would agree hamiltons overtaking was awesome, he was in a car that better power and traction, the other didn't really stand a chance, that was evident the way Vettel didn't even try to fight.

I'm sure their was a fair amount of butt twitching on the pit wall when Alonso and Vettel didn't make the second stop.

Really not sure what's going on with both Button and Schumacher, just their turn for bad luck.

In my opinion Button's just struggling because of the tyres. This years tyre performances are known to be wildly variable depending on environmental factors, and because Jenson's driving style relies on such a narrow window of tyre operation I just feel he's struggling because he can't drive around issues as easily as some other drivers. It's disappointing because he's in a good car.

I enjoyed yesterdays race. A good result for Lewis, a much needed one to be honest. Good result also for Grosean and Perez. Perez/Sauber are good at one stop strategies whilst Massa seems to be making his Ferrari stay less likely after making driver errors costing him a lot of places.

In all fairness Alonso had very little left to fight with his tyres were finished.

I knew Lewis was going to pass him, but I almost felt sorry for Alonso when he dropped back so far.