F1 World Championship 2012 Thread

but you wont deny that alonso had luck from lap 1 till the very last lap today will you? i can count at least FOUR people who would have won this race either if they had as trouble free race as lucklonso.

You sure do hate Alonso, lol.

What you get for hiring pay drivers, no respect, no patience, no skill.

Instead of holding his hands up and saying yeah it was my fault he blames the driver who was in front, had the advantage on the racing line.

Scumbag.

I think he will enjoy Silverstone in a fortnight with all the British fans.

• Like 7

What you get for hiring pay drivers, no respect, no patience, no skill.

Instead of holding his hands up and saying yeah it was my fault he blames the driver who was in front, had the advantage on the racing line.

Scumbag.

I think he will enjoy Silverstone in a fortnight with all the British fans.

It's posts like these that make me wish there was a "Love This" button as well.

Maldonado doesn't even appear to attempt to turn into the corner. As is clear, Hammy is ahead and more importantly ON THE TRACK, Maldonado was neither.

I don't understand the ethos of those suggesting Hammy should of just let him pass, why bother racing at all if you are just going to let people through who seem faster at that point?

Race! Defend! Attack! But don't just namby pamby around.

Maldonado doesn't even appear to attempt to turn into the corner. As is clear, Hammy is ahead and more importantly ON THE TRACK, Maldonado was neither.

Why wasn't Maldonado on the track, though?

I don't understand the ethos of those suggesting Hammy should of just let him pass, why bother racing at all if you are just going to let people through who seem faster at that point?

Race! Defend! Attack! But don't just namby pamby around.

Not saying he should have done I understand why he didn't, just saying he may be wishing he had.

You know why, because he tried to go around the outside of one of the tightest corners on the track and Hammy rightfully defended his position.

So pushing someone off the track now constitutes rightfully defending a position?

Taking the normal racing line now constitutes pushing someone off the track?

Compare it to the rather "liberal" approach vs. Grosjean earlier.

Pastor Maldonado said Lewis Hamilton was entirely to blame for their collision in the final moments of the European Grand Prix.

Williams driver Maldonado was trying to overtake Hamilton's McLaren for third place when they came together on the penultimate lap, sending the Briton into the barriers and out of the race.

Maldonado said the incident would not have happened if Hamilton had given him more space.

"He tried to put me off the track," said Maldonado. "He didn't leave any room for me to stay on and do the corner side by side. I jumped over the kerb and I couldn't avoid the accident."

The Venezuelan felt Hamilton should have accepted that he was going to get overtaken as his McLaren's pace faded.

"I don't know why he drove like that," Maldonado said. "He was struggling too much with the tyres. He was completely lost and at that moment I was getting very good pace. He tried a very aggressive move on me."

While Hamilton's race ended in the clash, Maldonado continued to finish 10th in his damaged car.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100682

What a joke, Maldonado gets a 20 second penalty for destroying someone elses race, the stewards are ridiculously biased, he drops from 10th to 12th, senna moves up to 10th getting the final point.

I can't help but think if it was the other way round and Hamilton gone off and then smashed Maldonado into the wall he would have got a far harsher penalty.

• Like 2

What a joke, Maldonado gets a 20 second penalty for destroying someone elses race, the stewards are ridiculously biased, he drops from 10th to 12th, senna moves up to 10th getting the final point.

I can't help but think if it was the other way round and Hamilton gone off and then smashed Maldonado into the wall he would have got a far harsher penalty.

Too right. The very least Maldonado should have got was a five-place grid penalty for Silverstone. But this is the FIA we're talking about here. Senna spun out earlier in the race and was given a drive-through penalty for causing a collision.

The stewarding in this race has in general been a joke, the only penalty I even agree with so far is that levelled at Vergne. Maldonado should have had a 10 place grid penalty in my opinion, and the decision to penalise Senna for what was essentially him being hit from behind was also ridiculous. Having a driver's steward hasn't made the penalties more consistent it would seem.

Any word on Schumi and the DRS investigation yet?

Any word on Schumi and the DRS investigation yet?

I read on Twitter that Schumacher's not being penalised because he switched off his DRS before reaching the yellow flag zone.

@NobleF1

Schumacher will keep podium finish after FIA confirms he slowed for yellow flags - irrespective of DRS

Michael.jpg

from Autosport forum

Maybe Webber did not slow under the yellow flags and they are trying to divert the stewards attention from that

http://forums.autosp...c=168664&st=720

really retarded race :p glad i watched it :D

When i saw Maldonado trying to overtake Hamilton, i had 'BF3 Jihadi Jeep' going in my mind. :rofl: :rofl:

& then it HAPPENED :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

From what i'm seeing in that Autosport thread the crux of the argument is not that he used DRS but whether or not he went faster in that sector. Apparently there's no specific rule preventing use of DRS under waved yellows.

Also, it's surprising Webber wasn't investigated.

glad schumacher could keep p3.... cause his position is basically the only positive thing i could take from this race :/

How the hell is losing 1 point a punishment for spearing into another car? :no:

because he is not bl... :p

/jk

but honestly he should have got 5 place grid penalty at the least & that RBR B team Vergne should have got a race ban for driving like a tard with punctured tyre, putting all his debries throughout the circuit. his action was the sole reason SC came out.

TV commentators (Star Sports/ESPN) said Helmut Marko went to see him after that incident, because Vettle had a cushion of 20+ seconds till that point.

& pls get rid of pay drivers & put some real talents in.

Maldolan, Bruno, Vergne....

The problem is it costs a lot of money just to get to F1 and then you have to pay a license which is ?1000 per point, Lewis payed ?242,000 for his license in 2010.

To those who say Alonso only won because people crashed or broke down, to finish first-first you have to finish. It's a team sport, the driver, the car, the pit crew, the engineers all contribute to a win or fail. The exception to this is idiot drivers like Dildonardo.

Schui and Webber didn't need punishing they did nothing wrong.

Senna was not at fault.

Vergne swarved right and should be handed a grid penalty to last for Silverstone.

Great race as a whole, this season is the best for years, nobody knows who will win. Grid position seems irrelevent which is nice.

Not completely true, if it wasn't for his mechanical failure Vettel would have won, from pole with a pretty sizeable margin.