Playstation Vita Thread

Nightz

Did my taxes today. Can't wait to get my return. Got enough to get a Vita and a trip to Hawaii with the wife. :)

• Like 1
mentorino

here is a good and sincere review of the PS Vita on youtube:

TheLegendOfMart

Woo.

size.jpg

The Vita boxes are far smaller than I thought they were going to be.

family.jpg

I have the whole family now!

All I need is Vita to ship today :(

El Marto

Have preordered mine in Game, i chose Uncharted but they said i can change it, considering Rayman instead!

jonmoseley8

I have just recieved 2 Parcelforce tracking numbers from Game, so I checked my order status:

post-112768-0-37372300-1329819675.png

Hope it is sent today :(

+Audioboxer

Amazon DISPATCHING SOON! :D

Hope I'm impressed tomorrow.

tFK2i.jpg

xjkab.jpg

Na3BS.jpg

Unit 13 OS screencaps. Seems like all the launch titles support screencaps with PS Button/Start.

Matthew S.

New PSV Update?

jonmoseley8

PS Vita was just dispatched whilst I was having my lunch. :D

Just set up my delivery tracking with all of the different tracking numbers that Game have sent me.

New PSV Update?

According to the US Playstation blog 1.61 " will improve certain aspects of the system software".

jonmoseley8

Just received Everybody's Golf from Game. Out of interest did anyone have a sticker on the back of the box with SCEUK's address on?

post-112768-0-78249000-1329831159_thumb.

Matthew S.

I suppressed at sony, they allowed an xbox reference in a game

+Audioboxer

Amazon dispatched :D

DirtyLarry

Amazon dispatched :D

Same here. Wife forwarded me the email as soon as she got it, I was getting a bit worried there. Says estimated ship date is tomorrow.

Well Amazon now has the buy 2 games get 1 free that Target had. Hmmm, I notice they trimmed down the list of games from last night to tonight. Either they sold out of certain games, or they had made mistakes.

Anyway, when I saw that last night, I sent an email to customer service asking if they could save me the hassle of returning Wipeout (it was on there last night) and Hot Shots Golf in order to take advantage of the promotion and just send me Lumines and I would pay the extra $10 since Lumines was the more expensive game, and they said a resounding No. :cry: :laugh:

I expected as much, but figured it was worth a shot.

I am not going through the hassle of returning them, mainly because the damn thing finally arrives tomorrow, so just going to accept the fact I did not get the promotion. But it is good for those who may not have purchased any games yet.

The day is almost upon us. (Y)

Oh one more thing, massive radio marketing campaign for the Vita on Howard Stern's channels on Sirius XM that has started today. Some strange choices IMO as to what they are pushing. They are really pushing the whole cross play functionality as if it exists on a lot of games, which I do not think is the best of ideas. They do say something like "The Vita let's you play real full game experiences like Uncharted or Fifa, not mini mobile experiences meant to be time wasters.' :laugh: It also mentions the screen and the "dual analog sticks, that are just like the controller in your home." The commercial ends by saying some tagline about how it is not just next generation gaming, that it is the next phase of gaming. I cannot remember the exact words right now, but thought it was not the best way to promote it overall. Once I recall it or hear it again, I will post exactly what it says, as I am definitely paraphrasing everything right now. But I did hear it twice so far, one was an actual commercial Sony produced, and one was Howard Stern reading that same commercial along with Gary and Robin. I enjoyed the latter more as Howard always adds in his comments.

Nice, once I buy Escape Plan and SSD, I will have 5 of the 7. (Y) I also plan to pick up Lumines once it comes down to a reasonable price.

neo158

I'll be getting the WiFi only version with Uncharted tomorrow. (Launch day here in the UK)

Jason S.

my Vita still hasnt shipped from Amazon :(

+Audioboxer

Apparently the welcome pack even has trophies to earn :laugh:

Everyone on Neowin should add each other to take advantage of Near and the games which feature friends list leaderboards (nearly all of them it seems).

Everyone on Neowin should add each other to take advantage of Near and the games which feature friends list leaderboards (nearly all of them it seems).

DirtyLarry

So nice, you had to say it twice? :laugh:

+Audioboxer

So nice, you had to say it twice? :laugh:

Spamming is worth a warning right? :rofl:

So I've had a look around the store after snapping up Golden Abyss, my wallet cries. I got my free copy of Hustle Kings as I own it for PS3 (sadly I can't get Top Darts as I own that through my USA account), but there's 4 other games I want totaling ?28 :( Starting to go over budget from my iPad 2 sale, may have to consider 1 or 2 of these 4 for now

IMG_20120221_195253.jpg

(4th is Escape Plan).

Not a bad launch lineup at all considering I actually want to play all these titles and aren't just scraping the barrel to look for something to put on my new device.

Larry are your Vita impressions going to feature on a NW podcast?

TheLegendOfMart

Are Vita games up on the store already?

*goes to spend money*

+Audioboxer

Are Vita games up on the store already?

*goes to spend money*

Yeah! PSN store has it's own Vita section.

TheLegendOfMart

IMG_20120221_211424.jpg

Woohoo. Will have plenty to play once my Vita arrives, just enough left in my wallet for Unit 13 when it comes out. Might get Space Blobs with the ?5 pre order voucher.

Jason S.

anyone have a Vita ship from Amazon US yet? this is bothering me...

TheLegendOfMart

How do I play Motorstorm RC for PS3, its only a 100Kb file?

When i press on the vita icon it asks me to plug Vita in which i dont have obviously.

*edit* Nevermind, seems as though you have to download the trial then the 100kb file unlocks it, bit silly but whatever.

Boxster17

Yeah and they're pretty easy for the most part, but they have these sliding puzzles which are pretty tricky. Doing the 15 piece sliding puzzle in 50 seconds is proving to be quite hard at the moment, and is the only one I'm not able to complete yet.

TheLegendOfMart

Motorstorm RC is brilliant, I cant wait to get my Vita and start adding friends, I can see the racing against ghosts being loads of fun.