Playstation Vita Thread

Damn seeing the Vita section in the PlayStation store just makes me want one more :(

Yeah the lineup is pretty damn good for launch! Much more appealing than the PSP that's for sure.

anyone have a Vita ship from Amazon US yet? this is bothering me...

Yep, got the email around 2 PM today that it would arrive tomorrow. (Y)

Larry are your Vita impressions going to feature on a NW podcast?

Absolutely. We record next episode sometime next week, so no doubt at all, as I have been talking about it in some shape, form or fashion the past 2-3 episodes.

EDIT - Weird, no Vita section on the PSN store for me?

I was actually holding off on buying the Vita games as I was just going to purchase them from my Vita, so guess that is what I will wind up doing anyway.

So I'm assuming that Motorstorm is showing normally in the PS3 store (was hoping to download and play some at work but not showing on the Vita PSN Store)?

Got my confirmation from Amazon that Uncharted shipped, so I'm excited for that thing to arrive. Think I've played as much Little Deviants as I ever will so I'll probably stop by tomorrow to trade that in and pick up something else. Trying to decide between Rayman Origins or waiting for Unit 13 to be released. Really was hoping Modnation would be better as I was going to pick that up but the reviews haven't been great and I don't want to deal with long load times on my handheld.

Just unpacked all of my Vita stuff in preparation of tomorrow. Have my 2 memory cards (4GB and 32GB) plus 4 games (2 rented |Uncharted & Rayman|), 2 owned |Wipeout & Hot Shots|) in my nifty starter kit game and memory card carrying case.

Have my online activation card codes ready for Wipeout and Hot Shots Golf.

Have my protective cover ready to be applied.

Going to purchase 3 games from the PSN... Escape Plan, Super Stardust Delta, & Motorstorm RC.

About to plug the charging cradle in so it is ready to house the Vita (oh yeah, forgot to add to the thread that I purchased one of those a few days ago :shiftyninja: ).

Cannot wait to get home from work tomorrow.

Only downside is once I get home from work, my puppy needs a good hour of my attention before he settles down, but I figure the Vita can charge, do whatever updates it needs to do anyway, so not a total loss.

My biggest problem right now, is what the hell do I actually play first? So things could be much worse.

I am going to eventually get a real case for it too, the soft case the starter kit came with is good to keep dust off, etc., but is not going to protect it whatsoever.

Welp, I caved and ordered one. Got the launch bundle from Lockerz for $251 + Hot Shots for $27. Probably gonna stop by Target to take advantage of their B2G1 deal. Planning on getting Uncharted, Lumines and Wipeout.

Pfft! After receiving an email from Play.com on Monday stating my Vita is ready to ship on Tuesday for delivery today. I've just checked my account and it's still 'Processing in Warehouse' Grrrr! :angry:

Scan.co.uk appears to be selling units in the UK right now:

Wifi Only: (?221.99) http://www.scan.co.u...wifi-only-black

3G, Voda Sim ready: (?263.99) http://www.scan.co.u...-sim-card-ready

I know on the actual pages they don't list the price but on the home page it lists the prices of both. I don't know why they don't list it on the actual product pages but I imagine to order you need to phone them and then they will tell you how long it will take for it to come or something.

EDIT - Weird, no Vita section on the PSN store for me?

I was actually holding off on buying the Vita games as I was just going to purchase them from my Vita, so guess that is what I will wind up doing anyway.

That is weird? At the top of the PSN store menu where it usually says "Playstation Plus" it says "Playstation Vita" on the UK store?

I'm heading off to Uni in an hour, praying the postman comes before then as I'll be away all day :p

Glasgow Van

Out for delivery - 22 February 2012 8:28:18

PS Vita and Uncharted not here, despite the tracking saying that it has been on a van since 1:30 this morning. :(

Just a FYI for anyone getting the 3G version, I found out via twitter that the Vodafone SIM Card in the box is not activated, so you will have to phone up Vodafone before you start using the 3G Vita so that they can activate the SIM Card.

PLAY are terrible for shipping, I'd only ever use them for cheap games, not hardware :p

Same, I got some earphones from them and they took two weeks to get here.

Haha. It's not all bad. Just got a very apologetic email from Play. They couldn't ship yesterday due to a 'technical issue' but have shipped today for delivery tomorrow. They also gave me a ?20 discount code to use on a future order. I'm sure I can wait until tomorrow now. :)

Haha. It's not all bad. Just got a very apologetic email from Play. They couldn't ship yesterday due to a 'technical issue' but have shipped today for delivery tomorrow. They also gave me a ?20 discount code to use on a future order. I'm sure I can wait until tomorrow now. :)

Yeah I'd take that over getting it today :)

Yay, Parcelforce just dropped off my PS Vita

post-112768-0-46446200-1329914154_thumb.

:D

Nice, The biggest that Game gave me was ?5 when Resistance 3 arrived a day late. :)