Playstation Vita Thread

+Audioboxer
+Audioboxer
crazzyyfool

Anyone know of any UK mobile networks that do a SIM-only data deal that includes access to public Wi-Fi? From what I can see 3 do a data SIM for ?7.50 per month but doesn't include Wi-Fi. O2 don't seem to do a data only SIM for anything but the iPad. :/

LingeringSoul

So BOT, I will admit one of my main concerns about the Vita is the back touch controls, and I do hear a few gripes about them, so I am curious to see how they play out. I am assuming I will eventually figure out a way to hold it where it is not even an issue, but I would be lying if I said I did not feel it could potentially be an issue at first.

Even after messing around with the system for a few days, I'm still unsure about how the back panel is going to play out over the long run. Admittedly, I haven't been playing any games that require that back panel, but I have been putting my fingers on the panel just out of instinct. It's hard to train myself to use those little divots that they want you to use. I wonder if developers can implement algorithms to differentiate between idle holding and actual touch gestures (similar to what the MacBook Air/Pro seems to do with its trackpad). I suppose that we'll have to see with time.

And damn, that Mortal Kombat trailer looks awesome. Mortal Kombat on the PS3 is hands down my favourite fighting game of this console generation, and I never thought that I would be saying that. Such an awesome game to play with others, even if they aren't fighting game aficionados. I haven't committed to picking up the Vita version yet, but I'm very, very tempted.

DirtyLarry

Also, opinions on this option as a case? Is even cheaper than the ?14.99 one I have on preorder just now

http://www.zavvi.com/10571929.html?u...=gp_technology

More pics - http://www.4gamers.net/products/ps-v...xe-travel-case

Truly cannot wait to play Rayman, especially since I missed it's initial release. Once I get through that initial few days of checking various games out, it is the game I plan on beating first I believe. Unless Uncharted really draws me away, which it very well may.

And not my thing this case. It is more like a man purse IMO. :laugh:

With that said, it seems really practical, just not sure I would use one personally, and if I did I would without a doubt put it in my laptop bag. So yeah thinking of it that way, it is a nice case. (Y)

DirtyLarry

Even after messing around with the system for a few days, I'm still unsure about how the back panel is going to play out over the long run. Admittedly, I haven't been playing any games that require that back panel, but I have been putting my fingers on the panel just out of instinct. It's hard to train myself to use those little divots that they want you to use. I wonder if developers can implement algorithms to differentiate between idle holding and actual touch gestures (similar to what the MacBook Air/Pro seems to do with its trackpad). I suppose that we'll have to see with time.

And damn, that Mortal Kombat trailer looks awesome. Mortal Kombat on the PS3 is hands down my favourite fighting game of this console generation, and I never thought that I would be saying that. Such an awesome game to play with others, even if they aren't fighting game aficionados. I haven't committed to picking up the Vita version yet, but I'm very, very tempted.

Yeah, that would be nice if that can happen with the back touch screen. Definitely.

And MK looks pretty damn sick on the Vita, so if you were a fan of it, seems like it would be a good purchase.

compl3x

I deliberately avoided rayman on console so I could get it on VIta. It's supposed to play really well. You can also do this cool thing where you can use the touch screen to zoom in and see the art/graphics in better detail.

It looks like a game almost invented for a handheld.

TheLegendOfMart

20/02/2012 Uncharted Golden Abyss PS Vita No tracking code supplied PROCESSING ---

20/02/2012 PS Vita Official 8gb Memory Card No tracking code supplied PROCESSING ---

awwyea.jpg

AbandonedTrolley

20/02/2012 Uncharted Golden Abyss PS Vita No tracking code supplied PROCESSING ---

20/02/2012 PS Vita Official 8gb Memory Card No tracking code supplied PROCESSING ---

awwyea.jpg

No tracking code you say :shiftyninja:

+Audioboxer

Delivery Estimate: 22 Feb 2012

Not yet dispatched

Cmooooooooooooooon.

TheLegendOfMart

Hands off, I've waiting long enough!!!!!!!!

Vita hasn't changed to processing yet though :(

+Audioboxer

A-Men is a new launch title for the Vita. Previously known as something else (can't remember).

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

True gaming is reborn on the PlayStation Vita with the launch of A-Men, a riddle within a retro game that will satisfy your cravings for tactical play. With more than a hint of the old school style of logic, platforms and creatures, we think our new, highly addictive title is an unexpected launch in a market dominated by pump-action big titles. Created by Bloober Team and honourably inspired by retro-cult classics Lemmings and Lost Vikings, the game gives you control of up to five army characters, each with their own personalities, skills and tools, whose mission is to round up their equally endearing enemies across a series of worlds and puzzles. Highly tactical and completely addictive, the game is immediately easy to play and yet, like many classic games, it is hard to truly master. You?ll definitely need a brain for this one, folks.

TheLegendOfMart

Ooo, I played the crap out of the Lost Vikings on the Amiga back in the day, depending on pricing I may pick it up.

TheLegendOfMart

Sony really needs to fix its pricing. I paid ?7 for Chinatown Wars, its just been reduced in price for IOS to 69p. That is going to be the Vitas one big failing point if developers continue to charge stupid money for games that cost far less on IOS.

Geoffrey B.

I plan on getting one eventually, Gravity Rush and the Uncharted game are my top 2 games I am looking fwd to.

+Audioboxer

Sony really needs to fix its pricing. I paid ?7 for Chinatown Wars, its just been reduced in price for IOS to 69p. That is going to be the Vitas one big failing point if developers continue to charge stupid money for games that cost far less on IOS.

Competitive pricing wouldn't hurt, but even at 69p Chinatown Wars is/was simply unplayable on the iPad for me. As much as I'd like iOS pricing, I simply couldn't see myself buying something like GTA on the iPad over the Vita regardless of price*.

A game has to control well for me to enjoy playing it from start to finish, just because I paid 69p and can load up the game and go "OMG look at how good this runs on my iPad, OMG GTA on the go on a bigscreen!", doesn't mean it's not getting put down after 30 minutes due to crap controls. Because it did :p

*Obviously within reason, I'm not going to pay anything for a game.

CaptainSlow

:D Ooooo yerrrrrrr...

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,

We are writing to let you know that the following items have been sent

to:

<Snipped>

using Royal Mail.

For more information about delivery estimates and any open orders, please visit: http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account

Your order ####-######-####### (received February 17, 2012)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Qty Item Price Delivery Subtotal

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon.co.uk items (Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.):

1 PlayStation Vita (Wi-Fi on... ?209.99 1 ?209.99

1 PS Vita Memory Card 8GB Mo... ?27.99 1 ?27.99

1 Rayman Origins (PS Vita) ?32.99 1 ?32.99

Dispatched via Royal Mail (estimated arrival date: Tuesday, February 21, 2012).

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

TheLegendOfMart

My Vita hasnt shipped yet despite the game and memory card has....... :(

+Audioboxer

None of mine his shipped :(

I do have it on prime delivery, so it probably won't ship until tomorrow.

jonmoseley8

My Vita hasnt shipped yet despite the game and memory card has....... :(

Same. All my order has got Fulfillment Numbers however Game have only dispatched Everybody's Golf. My 3G Vita and Uncharted are currently labeled as Unshipped.

At least I've got Express Delivery so I get Parcelforce's express24 service. :)

KoL

Not yet shipped

Delivery Estimate: Friday February 24, 2012 - Wednesday February 29, 2012

DAMMIT :(