Office 2003 beta gift

i was in beta 2 only, do i get a gift 2? and when do i get it if iam in the Netherlands?

Did you have to pay for beta 2 or were u a real tester? If you paid u were not a tester and will not be getting a gift.

i think they should pay people in cold hard cash to beta test their ****.... like seriously, they are robbing people of their time who think they will get something in return. ba$tards.

What a bunch of lame people. Have you realize that this maybe just a test to see how people react on getting cheap ?gifts? instead of a full version of the software you tested? Geeeee! What if all this was a charade set by Microsoft just to see how loyal their beta testers are? If that?s what they where doing let me tell you something: congratulations! you all fail to pass the test and as a reward nobody is gonna get the FPP of Office 2003.

I?d remember back on the last days of tests of Office XP some people where asking again and again on the newsgroups if they where to receive the final version, in the end MS didn?t include many of those people in the ?gratitude? list.

I just can?t say how happy am I MS did this to all of you, now they know why many of you want to be part of the ?tea:no:.

:no:

What a bunch of lame people. Have you realize that this maybe just a test to see how people react on getting cheap ?gifts? instead of full version of the software you tested? Geeeee! What if all this was a charade set by Microsoft just to see how loyal their beta testers are? If that?s what they where doing let me tell you something: congratulations! You all fail to pass the test and as a reward nobody is gonna get the FPP of Office 2003.

I?d remember back on the Office XP some people where asking again and again on the newsgroups if they where to receive the final version, in the end MS didn?t include many of those people in the ?gratitude? list.

I just can?t say how happy am I MS did this to all of you, now they know why many of you want to be part of the ?tea:no:.

:no:[/quo:rofl:augh:' />/> :rofl: :laugh:

1988, gifts = quality testers, other bs

knowledge if gifts attracts freeloaders. and the ability to use stuff in advance is nice. though winbeta and xbetas dampen that excitement a bit. being an official tester still gets you to suggest ideas at the source.

Soon it will be pay to beta test, They will send you a email tell you the cost & where to sent it.

looking at your sig, i can expect you're a ms hater. so nothing surprising to your comment.

i think they should pay people in cold hard cash to beta test their ****.... like seriously, they are robbing people of their time who think they will get something in return. ba$tards.

heh jiveclown, noone forced you to participate in the beta test. kthxbye.

I?d remember back on the Office XP some people where asking again and again on the newsgroups if they where to receive the final version, in the end MS didn?t include many of those people in the ?gratitude? list.

I just can?t say how happy am I MS did this to all of you, now they know why many of you want to be part of the ?team?.

regarding the amount of posts of that sort during the office2003 test, i can understand when ms got fed up and thought "no stuff for j00 all"

actually, i'm happy that ms stops giving out full versions as gift. it will demotivate the freeloaders and hopefully cause less crap to happen in the newsgroups. then again, dont underestimate dumb people, because i've seen enough whining in the msh newsgroups to get a copy of lh4051 even though the sign up form specifically said that you'd need lh4051 as prereq.

besides, i did get a midget thank-you card for testing visual studio everett. i wonder what amount of trouble that would have caused if every joe dumbuser from the office2003 test would have been in there. probably ramblings over ramblings cause of that simple thank-you card.

looking at your sig, i can expect you're a ms hater. so nothing surprising to your comment.

regarding the amount of posts of that sort during the office2003 test, i can understand when ms got fed up and thought "no stuff for j00 all"

actually, i'm happy that ms stops giving out full versions as gift. it will demotivate the freeloaders and hopefully cause less crap to happen in the newsgroups. then again, dont underestimate dumb people, because i've seen enough whining in the msh newsgroups to get a copy of lh4051 even though the sign up form specifically said that you'd need lh4051 as prereq.

besides, i did get a midget thank-you card for testing visual studio everett. i wonder what amount of trouble that would have caused if every joe dumbuser from the office2003 test would have been in there. probably ramblings over ramblings cause of that simple thank-you card.

Go TripleDES

What a bunch of lame people. Have you realize that this maybe just a test to see how people react on getting cheap ?gifts? instead of a full version of the software you tested? Geeeee! What if all this was a charade set by Microsoft just to see how loyal their beta testers are? If that?s what they where doing let me tell you something: congratulations! you all fail to pass the test and as a reward nobody is gonna get the FPP of Office 2003.

I?d remember back on the last days of tests of Office XP some people where asking again and again on the newsgroups if they where to receive the final version, in the end MS didn?t include many of those people in the ?gratitude? list.

:no:

Yes, of course that's what they're doing. They have soooo much time on their hands that they can play childish games like you suggest and troll through various websites to put people on a Santa Claus type list of who's been naughty and who's been nice...grow up.

@ TripleDES

I'm not MS hater I been testing since 97 with the Windows OS group and they NEVER done BS like the office group is doing.

If some one from MS office team is monitoring this site let them explain to all of us what is going on.

I don't care if I get the full version or not I can uninstall the beta 2 refresh and put on office XP or Open Office

I don't care if I get the full version or not I can uninstall the beta 2 refresh and put on office XP or Open Office

then stop crying and get over it. Microsoft is not going to change it now

Did you have to pay for beta 2 or were u a real tester?  If you paid u were not a tester and will not be getting a gift.

no iam not rich so:D

altough my pc is wicked:P

i dont mind not getting it but it would be cool.

it was an honor to recieve the bta of microsoft.

its great software and i dont minded testing it.

altough i dint find bugs lol

Yes, of course that's what they're doing. They have soooo much time on their hands that they can play childish games like you suggest and troll through various websites to put people on a Santa Claus type list of who's been naughty and who's been nice...grow up.

FYI, did you know that MS never ships any ?gift? directly. They use people from McCann Eriksson, Jack Morton and their providers to do that kind of tasks. Microsoft provides them with all the information and logistics they need to do so.

BTW, if you haven?t noticed, Neowin is one of the few fan sites MS trusts; not only they trust the managers of this community they also have some people monitoring what?s said here, its called ?social research? and this is where they gather information concerning the company public image among a specific market. I?ll love to explain you a little bit more about it but as you said before? I ne:shifty:ow up. :shifty:

I'm not MS hater I been testing since 97 with the Windows OS group and they NEVER done BS like the office group is doing

tells me what? that your "funny" sig is related to the fact that you dont get your own office2003 copy? if so, way to go.

i dont understand why ppl keep whining.

its the first time for me that i exually GET something from microsoft.

u dont have to pay for it u only need to use it.

and if u found something wich u dont like u have to fill in a form wich is damn easy.

Microsoft MVP get a Full Version + Office 2003 jacket & More. Those who went to the launch are getting the full version.

Before MS shut down the last two newsgroups some of the beta tester send email to office beta team asking if the tester will get full version and they were told NO BETA TESTER will get the full version

Yah bloody MVP's.. Don't get me started about them.. They think they are God's gift to MS software support and know everything. Truth is a lot of their postings in the general MS Newsgroups are fricken whacked, or self serving (ie, "I am wonderful", "I know best, listen to me dribble ****") I probably know a handful, yes just a handful of MS MVP's who actually deserve the title. The rest?! :x

Anyway, there is at least one way to tell the difference between a Tech Beta Tester and an MVP.. With a Tech Beta you can tell where Microsoft ends and the Beta Tester begins, with MVP's (mostly) that is not possible. :angry:

FYI, did you know that MS never ships any ?gift? directly. They use people from McCann Eriksson, Jack Morton and their providers to do that kind of tasks. Microsoft provides them with all the information and logistics they need to do so.

BTW, if you haven?t noticed, Neowin is one of the few fan sites MS trusts; not only they trust the managers of this community they also have some people monitoring what?s said here, its called ?social research? and this is where they gather information concerning the company public image among a specific market. I?ll love to explain you a little bit more about it but as you said before? I ne:shifty:ow up. :shifty:

Well, you're partially correct. They contract out firms like you mentioned for what you term "social research", but it has absolutely nothing to do with who they're going to send out thank you "gifts" to and whom to blacklist from receiving said gifts or allow on other betas. To suggest that is simply wrong and somewhat ludicrous, but I'm glad to see you're taking the ti:D to grow up. :D

Well MS Did waste a bit of money sending out the CD's, maybe a few dollars isn't alot, but it all accumulates, yes even though MS is one of the largest corporation's in this world it doesn't mean they can waste money here and there, they know how to use it wisely, i mean alittle bit of money here and little there all adds up, i don't care if MS has 8000 Trillion Dollars, it doesn't mean they should be giving it away like that, they are a large successful company who worked their way up. Besides Bill Gates does do alot of charity work you know.

Just interesting to note: apparently all the Microsoft FTEs (fulltime employees) get Office 2003 for free to take home. (Even if they didn't, they could buy it for $50 at the company store)

I don't want to get into the "MS is stingy"/"MS doesn't owe you anything" argument, but MS is traditionally known to be very generous to all those that support them - employees, event attendees, *and* testers. For them to suddenly single out the Office testers...

When Bill Gates (or typically anyone) presents a keynote speech, he gets a gift of thanks afterwards. Is it mandatory? No. It is a customary token of goodwill. But do you think Bill Gates or any of his head honchos will come back if they don't get the gift? I doubt it.

No, MS doesn't owe the testers anything. But at the same time, it was unprofessional of them to shortchange them like that.

P.S. The CorelDraw beta program laid it out right from the start - they stated in no vague terms that the folks that find X number of bugs will get a free retail copy of the software. In a surprise move, they also gave us each a T-shirt and a pen, put us in the Easter Egg credits, and posted the names of the top bug reporters in their newsletter. They posted to the beta newsgroup regular updates of when the gifts would ship. Now that's class.

Edited by quanta

So they're sending out radios to testers? Anyone who got them take a picture of it to let us see it? :p

EDIT: Nevermind... I was too lazy to look at the previous pages first... :blush:

So they're sending out radios to testers? Anyone who got them take a picture of it to let us see it? :p

post-7-1069713257.jpg

So far colors that have been reported are:

Black

Green

Red

That's all I know for now. Still awaiting mine. :)