Office 2003 beta gift

@ lardiop

You know me?

I've not received my gift yet, but when I bought this up with the beta manager 2 months ago the word was "full version" of office 2003 to selected (beta1?) beta sites as reward.

I would be dissapointed but not surprised if all we get it that tuner, but gifts are not the most important thing to me. 

lol... ya.. I personally know all some odd thousand beta 1 testers...

I dont give a rats brown @$$ about gifts.. they just an added bonus imho..

So theres still hope for the technical testers?

lol, what a useless gift, and ot: lol, at your sig :D "The difference between Windows Longhorn and Windows 2000 is like the difference between shooting a bullet...and throwing it.", now to change it "The difference between the Office 2003 gift and Office 2000/XP gift is like the difference between shooting a bullet...and throwing it."

:) Thanks (Y) Glad you like that quote.. and LOL @ your comment.

I was a beta 1 (and 2) tester and I got the radio. I participated, submitted bugs, posted messages on the board, etc etc.

It does come with the batteries. They are little watch sized batteries. They are already installed and you just have to pull out a small plastic strip so that they touch the contacts.

At least Microsoft isn't too cheap to include batteries. :laugh:

lol... ya.. I personally know all some odd thousand beta 1 testers...

I dont give a rats brown @$$ about gifts.. they just an added bonus imho..

So theres still hope for the technical testers?

:D That's cool! (Y)

But it seems if what xWeston is saying is right, and I have no reason to doubt him.. We get the radios. :rolleyes:

Actually even though I already have Office 2003 Pro (Licensed / Legal :)) it was a little weird how in the US MSFT gave away Office 2003 Pro at the launch and couldn't do the same for Beta testers... hmm.. nevermind

But it seems if what xWeston is saying is right, and I have no reason to doubt him.. We get the radios. 

:blink: ... WOW!!! I always wanted a radio that looks like those flashlights out of the Kellogs cerial boxes. :D

MicrOsuck is Shafting the beta tester

Well I guess so.. in a way.. At least we find out how much we're worth to the Office Beta Team... Not very much it seems... lac.gif

The really sad thing is that the little radio probably cost more than a 50 cent cd with Office 2003 on it. I have noticed that MS keeps getting cheaper and cheaper with everything except the price of there software. :crazy:

I think it's nice that they send anything at all. They don't owe us anything.

I hope you're no all this sour on the morning of the 25th December. It's the thought that counts... not that I've got anything and I was on the full beta :cry:

:unsure: :happy: ;)

:D That's cool! (Y)

But it seems if what xWeston is saying is right, and I have no reason to doubt him.. We get the radios. :rolleyes:

Actually even though I already have Office 2003 Pro (Licensed / Legal :)) it was a little weird how in the US MSFT gave away Office 2003 Pro at the launch and couldn't do the same for Beta testers... hmm.. nevermind

Either that, or the Beta 1 testers are getting both a radio and the full version, while the Beta 2 only testers would get just the radio.

However, I highly doubt that.

During the bert1/beta2 tests everybody i talked to assumed that at least the beta1 testers were getting full version.

Dose anyone have a money tree growing in your backyard? Yes I'm very ****ed off at the MicrOsuck office team. I worked hard & sometime testing non-stop up to 20 hours. had to call sue hill @ M$ went they told me & many more off the testing due to a M$ server error and we were put back on. Fighting with MicrOsuck about the bugs and this is the way they thank us :angry:

SLAP IN THE FACE

by the way I don't have $400.00 laying around

Damn, you people sure are a bunch of ungrateful whining little kids. You OFFERED to test their software for nothing, they give you copies of their software so you can be one of the first people in the world to see it and play with it. All you have to do is tell them the bugs you have found in it. Then, they say, hey, we'll give you a gift, and suddenly everyone has to get greedy and expect everything from them. I said from the start they weren't going to give out free copies of Office. I knew they wouldn't. How about you just be happy you got ****, or even got the chance to test for them, and stop whining so much. If you don't think you are "paid back" enough, DON'T APPLY TO TEST FOR THEM! :angry:

Dose anyone have a money tree growing in your backyard? Yes I'm very ****ed off at the MicrOsuck office team. I worked hard & sometime testing non-stop up to 20 hours. had to call sue hill @ M$ went they told me & many more off the testing due to a M$ server error and we were put back on. Fighting with MicrOsuck about the bugs and this is the way they thank us :angry:

SLAP IN THE FACE

by the way I don't have $400.00 laying around

Good point. Office 2003 is very expensive, and those of us that can't afford it and put a lot of time into testing the product feel quite dissapointed.

I just don't know what to think, I know that the last good beta programme for Office was for XP!

Beta 1 testers got a gift right at the beginning, there were prizes all through the beta and at the end we got the full version for the hard work we put in. Now that's what I call "encouraging" the beta testers.

But in Office 2003 all we got / are getting is a cheap plastic nick nack for working hard to make Office 2003 a success..

Damn, you people sure are a bunch of ungrateful whining little kids. You OFFERED to test their software for nothing, they give you copies of their software so you can be one of the first people in the world to see it and play with it. All you have to do is tell them the bugs you have found in it. Then, they say, hey, we'll give you a gift, and suddenly everyone has to get greedy and expect everything from them. I said from the start they weren't going to give out free copies of Office. I knew they wouldn't. How about you just be happy you got ****, or even got the chance to test for them, and stop whining so much. If you don't think you are "paid back" enough, DON'T APPLY TO TEST FOR THEM! :angry:

Oh ok.. While I beta test for the experience I feel for the beta testers that cannot afford Office2003 and worked their guts out to help.

And this is why I am seriously pi55ed at microsoft:

furious.gifThey give away free full version of Office 2003 to any Joe Bloggs who attends the launch in the US, people that do nothing but sit on their ass for a few hours and watch a presentation. And hard working beta testers get shafted, yes SHAFTED. We get a plastic nick nack for hours and hours of testing and providing feedback and ideas.. What a toss of a beta project this was. A royal kick in the bum. Very dissapointed. furious.gif

Oh ok.. While I beta test for the experience I feel for the beta testers that cannot afford Office2003 and worked their guts out to help.

And this is why I am seriously pi55ed at microsoft:

http://users.tpg.com.au/domaraa/emoticons/furious.gifThey give away free full version of Office 2003 to any Joe Bloggs who attends the launch in the US, people that do nothing but sit on their ass for a few hours and watch a presentation. And hard working beta testers get shafted, yes SHAFTED. We get a plastic nick nack for hours and hours of testing and providing feedback and ideas.. What a toss of a beta project this was. A royal kick in the bum. Very dissapointed. http://users.tpg.com.au/domaraa/emoticons/furious.gif

Very well said :)

I don't see what the big deal is, it's just a certificate/pen or something silly. They might give out full copies but no-one knows atm. Thing is, who cares :s?

Not being disrespectful to you creamhackered or microsoft, but beta testers that put in hours of hard work and had to rebuild their machines after installing / reinstalling office 11 would probably care a fair bit.

A certificate, yes, that would also be nice.. Something official that says Thankyou, you matter, your feedback matters.

Not being disrespectful to you creamhackered or microsoft, but beta testers that put in hours of hard work and had to rebuild their machines after installing / reinstalling office 11 would probably care a fair bit.

A certificate, yes, that would also be nice.. Something official that says Thankyou, you matter, your feedback matters.

true very true :ninja:

I went on M$ public newgroups and many of the bugs the Shafted beta tester reported are still showing up and many of them the so call office team said was fixed :rolleyes:

I'm going to run beta 2 refresh till it time out then remove it, I'm done with MicrOsuck :angry: