Office 2003 beta gift

This is the funniest thread ever. People are mad, after getting free software, and a free radio. :laugh:

Noone said you would get anything when you signed up...

I'm impressed that MS sent the beta kits all the way from United States to Norway for free... And even more impressed if I get a free radio. I didn't know i got anything when i signed up. I didn't even know that they would use beta testers from outside USA.

BTW, the earpiece for the radio - has it got a normal sized jack (similar to MP3/CD-players), or one size smaller jack? And is the radio stereo?

Where do you sign up for testing of Longhorn?

was not any free software. that is the point

To those that say they have already warezed or planned on it, i dont blame you. because MS did something that is wrong

and for the trust factor of ms. they need to bring the cards to the tablet so they can start being trusted again!!!!

Edited by werejag

Well I was shocked when I saw a big packge. I was one of the lucky 60 testers. I'm happy with Office XP though so I will be giving this as a stocking stuffer to a relative for christmas this year.

Not all Beta tester are company tester or work for big a** companys. Over the years some tester got lay off or lost there jops and even some of them are End-Users. They don't have the company money to pay for it. Maybe they got other bills to pay for and can't pay out $300.00 to $600.00 for it.

I found software that can do the same as office 2003 & Windows

Microsoft lost me as customer & beta tester

The same day I got the package, I was told because of a corporate merger, I was out. Luckily, I applied to test individually instead of through my corporate position (I always did that.)

The job market here has sucked, so I've had to work in my old line of work while looking back in I.S./I.T. 9 months later, it's still tight in my area of expertise. I've no extra money to buy Office 2003.

That said, I didn't do the testing for the free copy, and actually had forgotten the gift.

It didn't matter to me.

How many people going to the launch got free copies? I didn't go to it locally because the timing was lousy and I didn't like the location.

Well I was shocked when I saw a big packge. I was one of the lucky 60 testers. I'm happy with Office XP though so I will be giving this as a stocking stuffer to a relative for christmas this year.

congrates happy someone got what we all should have!!!!

For all those here who are in the top60, how many bugs did you submit?

By the sounds of it, hundreds. I'm reading posts by people that submitted dozens and dozens of bugs, and only got the trinket radio. I feel embarrassed to admit that I had twenty one bugs from Beta 1 to the end, which puts me way at the bottom, I probably haven't even "earned" the little radio :o Oh well, I plan on donating it to a Christmas charity if I get it.

I'm curious to see the amount of bugs that the top sixty "super-testers" submitted?

. I spend very long nights trying to find more bugs. lot of sleepless nights and because of it I lost my jop. I'm I bitter at what I got you bet I am.

im sorry but that is sad... and not to mention your own fault... it's called self control

im sorry but that is sad... and not to mention your own fault... it's called self control

Sorry but I was trying to do my best but fouled up plus working on other betas

I submitted about 15 bugs and got the radio and the "I helped make office" window sticker. I'm not complaining as I wouldnt have cared if I got anything at all :p

It truly amazes me how petty and greedy people around here are. To me it is a sad day here at Neowin, for people's true colors have been brought out.

I was a beta tester and received my gift today, and while it's not what I expected/wanted, it does satisfy me in a way. I am happy to have at least played with Office for 6 months.

I am truly ashamed to be part of this community right now :( :no: :crazy:

sh*t, i reported only few bugs, so I'll only get the radio... but this "TOP 60" is unfair....my few bugs was huge bugs...one bug and 30 bug is bugs BOTH, one bug can make the application crash too...and i tested this product A LOT...

I, too, was one of the 600,000 testers who supposedly "helped" MS along with their beta test of MS Office 2003. I must say I was proud to be part of the deal, but selecting only 60 "superior" testers leads me to believe MS had other ideas in mind. I must have posted close to 70 findings over a 3 month period. When the second refresh was released, there was very little left to "test." The second released was close to the RTM product I'm now using. A cheap little radio just doesn't do it for me. :pinch:

WHY DON'T YOU ALL TELL THE ADMIN TO CLOSE THIS SO YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO READ ALL THE BITCHING. WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO FREE SPEECH OR I FORGOT MICROSOFT DOSE NOT LIKE ANYONE TALKING DOWN THERE SOFTWARE

Thanksgiving is tomorrow. Everyone just calm down and be thankful that you got a gift. I sent an e-mail to betareq@microsoft.com last November not knowing what would happen. I was more than surprised when I got into the Beta 2 release (In that e-mail, I was honest: I am an 8th grade student (obviously now in 9th) who uses MS Office heavily when it comes to school work and I am learning to do webpages on FrontPage...etc..) and that has lead me into other betas. Through my participation, (my first beta program on BetaPlace was Office 2003 [the only other was the RC2 version of Windows XP, which I bought for $10 from them]) I now have five beta programs displaying on my BetaPlace homepage, two which are finished (Windows Messenger 5 and MS office 2003), and one alpha which has its own website. Looking back, I enjoyed testing Office and hope that I can test many other programs for Microsoft. A pic of the orange radio will be on my signature soon.

Yeah, free speech is good. But when the same people complain about their "gifts" and how dissapointed they are. It get's damn boring. You've had your say, you hate your gift from Microsoft. Ok, in life **** happens. Accept it. If this is the worst thing that happens to you in life then your lucky.

WHY DON'T YOU ALL TELL THE ADMIN TO CLOSE THIS SO YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO READ ALL THE BITCHING. WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO FREE SPEECH OR I FORGOT MICROSOFT DOSE NOT LIKE ANYONE TALKING DOWN THERE SOFTWARE

WHY DON'T YOU ALL TELL THE ADMIN TO CLOSE THIS SO YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO READ ALL THE BITCHING. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO FREE SPEECH? I FORGOT MICROSOFT DOES NOT LIKE ANYONE TALKING DOWN THEIR SOFTWARE.

Mate, your grammar is terrible, if this is how you logged bug reports. I'm not surprised you received what you did. :crazy: