Office 2003 beta gift

I reckon what's really funny is people thinking that they're going to get something cheap / nasty.

Not sure about the:

beta 2 -> |gold/RTM| beta testers but

beta 1 -> |gold/RTM| will receive the full boxed pro version of Office 2003.

(Y)

hmm.....i hope ur sayin' the truth

:D lol, ms went all out on that box :-P

Sure! They're also getting into recycling boxes from products that didn't sell so good, all to save the trees! :D

dude man, not trying to burst your bubble, for sure it's not going to be a copy of office 2003

MS told us we should start ordering office 2003 if you want to upgrade (hint hint hint)

dude man, not trying to burst your bubble, for sure it's not going to be a copy of office 2003

MS told us we should start ordering office 2003 if you want to upgrade (hint hint hint)

Well that was just a general thankyou email that was sent out. The second was worded a little differently.

Anyhow, been on the office betas since Office 2000 and got the full product as a "gift" each time. Why would they change this?

Either way, I wasn't in the beta for the rewards. Anything would be a bonus, but nothing is okay by me. Had fun during the beta. :D

Well that was just a general thankyou email that was sent out. The second was worded a little differently.

Anyhow, been on the office betas since Office 2000 and got the full product as a "gift" each time. Why would they change this?

Either way, I wasn't in the beta for the rewards. Anything would be a bonus, but nothing is okay by me. Had fun during the beta. :D

because that was 4 years ago. Things have changed.

Uhh. Office XP wasn't 4 years ago! :huh:

Got a full copy of that product at the end of the beta run.

If the worst comes to the worst I'm quite happy with Office XP anyhow.

The only two products (maybe three) I'd use from '2003 is Powerpoint / Outlook and Word. That's all I ever use anyway. :happy:

Oh and by the way, I was a tester for the MS Home networking and as a "gift" they sent me the full version of the wireless router kit retail $200 somethin with the little wireless proband adapter thingy. As well I got to keep the beta one which was the same thing!

• 2 weeks later...

Not really. I received MapPoint 2004 when it came out as a "gift" from Microsoft. Also Office XP was 18 or so months ago...

I live down in California and I haven't received mine, however I don't expect one (I didn't find many bugs). I do know, however, that when the Beta 2 Technical Refresh came out it took an inordinate long time for the package to get here. Friends of mine over on the east coast had received theirs a week or so before I did. Stupid airborne express.

Oh and by the way, I was a tester for the MS Home networking and as a "gift" they sent me the full version of the wireless router kit retail $200 somethin with the little wireless proband adapter thingy. As well I got to keep the beta one which was the same thing!

yea but the beta wasn't fcc compliant. like it matters :\

• 3 weeks later...