Office 2003 beta gift

well i just bought the student & teacher edition at my work place for $129 and it has a sticker on it that it allows to be installed on 3 computers. Also there is a difference between those half million beta testers. about 12000 of em were "managed" testers the other number were testers that received betas at microsoft events and/or the cpp program. but some people here or just in general are not willing to accept that.

the MANAGED testers will be receiving a gift, most likely the full version, as usual. i was a managed tester but i got impatient and bought the latest version. my laptop came with works and i really do not like open office.

Hehe...[off-topic-for-a-sec]...

you say in you're sig

BIGGEST pet peeve... People typing gay l33t crap as normal language. Is it SOOO hard to type english (unless your not natively english of course)

but you yourself do not type you're "native english" corectly ;) unless you do actually mean "unless my not natviley english" which i doubt ;)

hehe...just spotted that and thought i would be a jerk! NOW SCAN MINE FOR MISTAKES!! :) haha...

[/off-topic-for-a-sec]

Ok - yeah nice MS giving free stuff...cool :) hope you guys/girls get some nice stuff...a real CD key is that? well send me it!!! :)

i was told i was going to get the university award from my school

i pay 22K a year, for my private university.

The university award is 7000 dollars. This would have helped a lot.

They took it away 2.5months after school started, if i dropped my classes i would get an F since it was after the drop date.

was this jacked to promise someone something and then take it away with the excuse

"It is a gift, not a promise, we never had to give it to you."

this screwed me pretty badly for the semmester.

Now M$ says you will get this by this date. Im not counting on anything, b/c aparently the rule of thumb is...it is a gift, we can indian give and we dont have to follow through with our statements b/c there is no obligations with gifts...

wow my one little post sure does get alot of reply's :) i beta test for the chance to help improve the product not for getting anything in return other then a thank you. the gift they give me is great and more then welcome though.

True that I am not asking for anything for return since I beta test a number of other tests as well.

I am kind glad that the gifts haven't been sent out yet because betaplace messed up my contact information out of blue. I immediately contacted some MVP, and it was fixed like within 3 hours. Stil.. I don't know since when the contact information was modified...

True that I am not asking for anything for return since I beta test a number of other tests as well.

I am kind glad that the gifts haven't been sent out yet because betaplace messed up my contact information out of blue. I immediately contacted some MVP, and it was fixed like within 3 hours. Stil.. I don't know since when the contact information was modified...

same here I didn't realize until that last e-mail that my address was wrong, half was my home address but the other half was my dorm address. I really don't care if MS sends us gifts or not, it was fun testing Office 2003. Once the beta expires (few more days) I'll just go back to Office XP.

while i also didn't get into the beta for gifts and have the attitude of they'll come when they come, i still wouldn't mind at least a t-shirt saying office 2003 or i tested it. would i look like a geek? yes, would i give a flying fudge what others think? no

The gift sucks. Here is a picture of it. It is a plastic caribeaner that doubles as an FM radio (it comes with ear buds) and a compass. It has a little volume knob and a button that sequentially scans when you click it. The reception isnt very good at all. There is also a small red light on it that doesnt give off enough light to be useful for anything.

post-7-1069713257.jpg

The gift sucks. Here is a picture of it. It is a plastic caribeaner that doubles as an FM radio (it comes with ear buds). It has a little volume knob and a button that sequentially scans when you click it. The reception isnt very good at all. There is also a small red light on it that doesnt give off enough light to be useful for anything.

Receive date / shipping company?

got mine today, but mine is red, it came usps. plain ole mail. that and a sticker that says "I helped make office 2003 great"