Handcuffed Girl, 20, In A Coma After being Tased. Police not Charged

The corrupted police office was not charged for any wrong doing.

Yes, he was so out of shape that she could not run after a handcuffed girl, so he chose to taser the 20 year old girl without giving her a verbal warning. This doughnut muncher was not charged for any wrong doing, while the girl is now left in a vegetative comma. Doctors say she will never wake up.

It is not the job of a police office to instil justice, but rather to maintain the law.

The "officer" is responsible for poor judgment, being out of shape, not cautioning the girl and doing little to help her after she had hit the floor. Worst of all, in a follow up interview I saw him express no remorse for his actions. The office should be put in to prison, after getting tasered himself.

If he was so unfit that he could not run after a handcuffed little girl, he should not have reported for work. Things like this siken me.

Edited by SHoTTa35
Edited topic,

Even if he isn't charged criminally for this, this event will follow him for the rest of his career & life.

Being a cop isn't as black and white as most people make it out to be.

Would you of rather of him shot her? Or tazed her?

A healthy young girl like that, if she didn't slam the pavement like she did, and he didn't time it as badly as he did... She would of been fine.

He was following protocol, and his alternatives statistically would of been drastically worse, he made a split second mathematical decision that sadly ended up as the wrong answer.

What scum. I think the officer deserves the harshest punishment. Some mistakes should cost a-lot. I don't blame the office for this mistake, but I do ask that he pay for it as a warning to others. I think this is the moral system. "Hundreds of Americans have been killed in tazer attacks by police"

When punishments are so LAX white people don't have any incentive to behave. I see in the thread that plenty of people don't get it :argh: :x .

• Like 4

The other side of the argument... If you don't want to be tased, or even handcuffed, then don't do the crime. And if you do commit a crime, don't run from the cops! It's very sad, but it's not wholly the officer's fault.

Jeez. What did this guy think was going to happen when she hit the ground? That was painful to watch, and he just stood there...

The corrupted police office was not charged for any wrong doing.

Yes, he was so out of shape that she could not run after a handcuffed girl, so he chose to taser the 20 year old girl without giving her a verbal warning. This doughnut muncher was not charged for any wrong doing, while the girl is now left in a vegetative comma. Doctors say she will never wake up.

It is not the job of a police office to instil justice, but rather to maintain the law.

The "officer" is responsible for poor judgment, being out of shape, not cautioning the girl and doing little to help her after she had hit the floor. Worst of all, in a follow up interview I saw him express no remorse for his actions. The office should be put in to prison, after getting tasered himself.

If he was so unfit that he could not run after a handcuffed little girl, he should not have reported for work. Things like this siken me.

The cop does not look fat or out of shape. Also how do you know he didnt help her? I see him calling someone on his radio and stood by her as she got up. Im sure he asked her if she was ok and maybe called ambulance or something to check her out for hitting the floor like that.

I won't comment on the main issue at hand, because that's not going to get anywhere any time soon in this thread.

But that report was painful to listen to. "Tazer attacks" (they're not attacks), "non-lethal" (it's less-lethal), "use them as weapons" (they are weapons), "shot a man in the head" (it was in the back), "without even spending a day in prison" (he was sentenced to two years in prison), "our Police are killing people every single day" (no, they're not?) ... *facepalm* seriously, wow.

"She could have easily been apprehended [...] we don't even know why she was running" Then maybe you shouldn't comment on something you don't have the details on? ****, who the hell is this guy and why is he being used as a source of information?

And then he blabbers on about how the Police only protect the "1%". This report is the most one one-sided, biased, pile of **** I have ever watched. Far worse than most Fox News reports.

FYI: PRESSTV is the propaganda arm of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, so expecting anything close to balanced US coverage from them might be a tad unreasonable.

Context is everything and the OP has none. Someone's pre-conceived notions are showing.

This woman was originally arrested for two hit-and-run auto accidents and driving without a license - very serious stuff. She had slipped out of her cuffs (skinny) in the prowl car, they were re-applied, then she was taken into the station. Before she could be taken to the secure area she made a run for it (charge #4 - felony escape) and was tasered in the lot.?

Sorry, but with an escaping prisoner who is younger & faster than the cop for whatever reason he has both the right and responsibility to apprehend her under the Fleeing Felon Rule. The taser is an appropriate option at so close a range since the injury rate from them is only 0.3%, far lower that a firearm or other more aggressive means including tackling.

Now - did the taser injure her? Not really. The cause of her coma was falling and striking her head on concrete (the lot), which could have happened anyhow because of her being cuffed while attempting to run during her escape attempt (off balance.) She could have just as easily hit her head being tackled, but either way this was?HER FAULT!!

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2012/february/383311/Exclusive:-Trooper-defends-tasing-new-video-shows-suspect-out-of-handcuffs.html

The cop does not look fat or out of shape. Also how do you know he didnt help her? I see him calling someone on his radio and stood by her as she got up. Im sure he asked her if she was ok and maybe called ambulance or something to check her out for hitting the floor like that.

She DIDN'T get up!

First the video shows that she hit her heat flat, no further movement, and cop just standing there. Later they replay it in a window and you can see that she does try to get up after the fall. Maybe this was done unconsciously. The point is that the footage has obviously been fiddled with a bit and the cop could have first attempted first aid before standing there waiting for an ambulance for all I know.

First aid cannot help with a closed head injury, in this case a likely cerebral hemorrhage that compressed her brain..She was as good as gone when she hit.

Yes but you would think that it would warrant a further inspection, just in case it wasn't really that bad. You don't instantly know that she's a goner the moment that she hit. That's what a normal human reaction would be. You don't just watch someone fall and then just stand around waiting for assistance without even attempting anything such as placing the person in the Recovery Position while being very careful not to move the neck in case there are spinal injuries and DRABC.

For those of you who claim it's her fault, I can see where you're coming from. She is a criminal, and she is fleeing, however, cops have become more and more lazy to a point where a taser is just a tool of the trade for them. A taser should be used ONLY as a non-lethal alternative to a gun. Without a taser, would he have pulled out his gun and planted several bullets in the back of her head for running? I highly doubt it, so the use of a taser is unnecessary. I have to agree, too many cops these days are fat asses that just plop themselves in their car all day. There should have been at least some sort of a foot pursuit prior to just falling back to shooting someone with a taser. For those of you that continue to place the blame on the girl, you realize the police state you're supporting? The girl made her mistakes, that's for sure, but the use of a weapon like a taser was absolutely unwarranted in this situation. If you wouldn't put a bullet in someone for what they are doing, you don't need to taser them. The police in our country are giving themselves way too much power, and no one is standing up against it. These people are public servants, that's their job, protect and serve, though they seem to all to often think of themselves as some kind of a militia. Unless they thought this girl was about to break free and go on a shooting spree or something that was going to hurt someone, this was uncalled for.

Yes but you would think that it would warrant a further inspection, just in case it wasn't really that bad. You don't instantly know that she's a goner the moment that she hit.

I hate to make any kind of speculation on something like this without knowing the story, but I will say it's very possible brain damage could have been caused by neglect in getting her care quickly. People survive slamming their head on concrete all the time, but if you hit hard and your brain starts to swell, you need to be in a hospital to relieve the pressure or else you risk brain damage. I'll give the police the benefit of the doubt and say they likely called paramedics as soon as it happened, but still, the lack of care is evident as she rolls around at his feet and he ignores her talking to the other cops.

I dunno, I guess we would be all talking a different tone if she had say gotten away and jumped into a car and caused a massive pile-up on the highway and killed a family of 5 and 2 tractor trailer drivers. Usually when a suspect or criminal is running police yell, stop or I'll shoot. So I guess a taser is the non-lethal option in that case. Not placing blame on anyone as that's not my job but from the looks of it, even handcuffed she could have outrunned that cop. Yes he should be in better shape and yes she shouldn't have run, etc, etc but it's what we do from here on out that makes a difference. Nothing can be done for the girl now, even if she was 100% wrong, we can't really bring her back by anything we do now. So let's focus energy on what to do if another situation like this occurs.

Well, if you are for this type of behavior, just don't complain when a cop tazers you for any slightest reason.... You can say, don't do whatever, but when **** actually gets real, you might not be so reasonable or accepting of a cop in the wrong and you trying to fight for your rights... There are many stories of cops abusing the tazer on citizens who haven't done anything. Just last week, a cop shot a mother dead in a church parking lot, for who knows what reason... He says she drove with him stuck in the window, where as witnesses say the cop just shot the woman dead. But hey, us citizens should be making the cops jobs easier... cause we are the ones who swore to uphold the law when we were born... oh wait not, only cops and politicians really do that... everyone else is supposed to just try to follow it, but not be punished by the police.. that is for the judges and juries to do.

I could always bring up that cops are supposed to serve and protect the people, but that is lost on everyone already.

For those of you who claim it's her fault, I can see where you're coming from. She is a criminal, and she is fleeing, however, cops have become more and more lazy to a point where a taser is just a tool of the trade for them. A taser should be used ONLY as a non-lethal alternative to a gun.

>

Which is precisely how it was used! Guess he should have just shot her :p

The secondary effect that she fell and hit her head happened because she was running in an unbalanced condition (handcuffed) - HER FAULT! He could have used a bolas, thrown a nightstick at her feet or whatever, the result wiuld likely have been the same. Not to mention she was stoned out of her mind & heading for a freeway.

Jeezzz.... Just when do you start to invoke personal responsibility on her part?