[VS] RhodiumX

switched back to first release becuase i have the same problem on the TURN OFF COMPUTER but i use a swedish version of xp so thats why im my case and i cant se any big diffrens in the first and second release so np for me ;)

the theme is really great :)

i didn't edit my explorer.exe as i didn't replace any file, mine is xp with all patches and sp installed, but i don't care too much about the "n" ;)

i use the orange color, too perfect :)

thank you Tiget2k for your hard (and perfect) work :)

Alex

switched back to first release becuase i have the same problem on the TURN OFF COMPUTER but i use a swedish version of xp so thats why im my case and i cant se any big diffrens in the first and second release so np for me

yeah there isn't much difference actually just the bug releases and that i had to trim down the start menu because people keep saying the icons were too big :blink: but thats about it, now that u mentined about the swedish version of xp i figure alot of people are going to have this problem so maybe i'll see if i can find away to still have the icons at 32 and be able to fit all the text without having to redesign the bottom of the start menu :s

and does anyone who made themes before know why the style doesn't recognize the font values for the logoff pane i keep changing the font and it doesn't change it, it keeps it the same as the captionbar font, if there is anyway to change the font let me know, that might help me fix the problem with the text being cut off

Well... I didn't see it that way. See the attachment.

this was line thing was also in the previous metallicshade theme he made...i think it was meant to be put this way...

its not meant to be. unfortunately, in programming the tabs for display properties, microsoft set all tabs after the far left tab to use the same skin settings. usually the far right tab has its own settings (see the 'Advanced' button under the settings tab). its microsofts lame fault, but themers have to deal with it.

yep, what bant said :D

thats why my last 2 themes which i made using teh same style for the tab run into this problem, and it only seems to do it on the display property, all other tabbed windows are fine, so i say, blame microsoft :p

Found something else!

something on your taskbar must be resizing it, happens when you have the WMP taskbar player and with TLB, those are the only two that i used and know that happens with but there might be some other programs that resize the taskbar

something on your taskbar must be resizing it, happens when you have the WMP taskbar player and with TLB, those are the only two that i used and know that happens with but there might be some other programs that resize the taskbar

You're right!

And thanks for this great mod of Rhodium. I just love it

Great job - very pretty!

I have a question - how do you edit the log off/turn off text?

Thanks for the hard work.

the best way to cure the logoff turnoff text issues with the style is to tweak it with stylebuilder,

since the top and bottom panels are set to a width of 244 the left panels are set to 190 that leaves 54 for the right panels even though they are set to 244 it appears that the right panel gets drawn after the left so it will just fill the remaining 54. to get the compact startmenu appearance .. if you make the left panels size larger than 190 for example 220 then you will need to make the top and bottom panels larger by 54 from 220 so the top and bottom panels would be 274 .. this should preserve the compact startmenu appearance and still make it wider to display the logoff/turnoff properly.

I dont have this problem but Tiger has explained the issues that result in it .. different language other than english .. and people who tweak the default text ...

Thanks OldeCrow.

I didn't know the right panel was drawn after the left - I've always done the math to keep the numbers right.

Where/how do you edit the default log off text?

I don't see that option in Stylebuilder unless I'm missing it.

Thanks!

Thanks OldeCrow.

I didn't know the right panel was drawn after the left - I've always done the math to keep the numbers right.

Where/how do you edit the default log off text?

I don't see that option in Stylebuilder unless I'm missing it.

Thanks!

ya wont be editing it in stylebuilder ..

I think that text is in explorer.exe .. but im not sure .. I dont tinker with dialogs or menu's unless i have to .. closest I get is replaceing images :D