[VS] RhodiumX

I just thought you guys should know the shellstyle that was released with RhodiumX is only filler untill we get permission to use the images in the "Real" Shellstyles.

However the author has'nt responded yet and I emailed him and PM'ed him and left a message on his devientart pages and after a week still no response ..

If I havent heard from him by monday Im going to assume that he loves the idea and was just too busy to respond.

Ill leave you with this little teaser untill then :D

CLICKME!

http://www.crescent-pc.com/photogallery/ph...odiumX-wip2.jpg

Any idea when that newer shellstyle will be out?

Yup, like OldeCrow said, they don't want to be drowned in support requests from people using faulty/poorly designed visual styles.

I don't know how much a buggy VS could wreck the operating system. But I imagine that a skin shouldn't do more than a skin job. In case of inconsistency, there should be a way to fallback to the default VS. Like Ctrl-Alt-Del and just add another button "Restore default VS". May be they spent too much time designing the infamous WPA stuff that they overlooked such basic options.

A lot of people override certain MS standard features such as browser, zip support, firewall, defrag utility, etc. MS tech support is not that concerned.

Yep, ill add the new Shellstyle to the site some time tommorow, btw it looks great Oldecrow

and for those people that are requesting the wallpapers, i'll have them up on the site soon too, sorry i haven't replyed to the emails/pms, but there's quite a few of them thats why i haven't replied

SOME BUGS FOR YOU!

Great visual style dude, but you have some bugs to fix there. Take a close look. I circled the problems in red.

post-36-1068086696.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I love this theme, but it crashes StyleXP when I try to load it :(

I have to load it with the Desktop properties, if I'm not running Rhodium then StyleXP works fine unless I click it :(

Even tried the latest beta of StyleXP2

No luck :(

Yep, styleXP doesnt seem to like my little font Hack

you can tell where u usually chose the font size "normal font, Large font, extra large font" i changed that so you can change if you want standard start menu or compact and the icon size, and stylexp doesn't like that.

hey tiger2k, i love rhodiumx. i was wondering if you can make another color scheme, something to do with a gray on graphite or something in that style. That would be real nice :).

ouch ouch ouch!!!!!!!!!! i feel for you man!! i know what you're going through... i majored in engineering my first year of college... didn't work very well with me so i changed to business HEHE.

good luck on your exams man!!

Edited by LN_BuLL

Hi all,

I'm quite new to VS and i actually have a little problem with this one.

The screenshot is in attachment. First of all i'm running a French version of WinXP (wich may cause my problem i think). On the screenshot you can see on the left of the start menu "arrer" wich is the end of "d?marrer" the french translation for "start". Also the start menu image should be dock to the left of the screen but i think it's kinda linked to the "arrer".

If you have any idea of how to get ride of these problems please tell me:))

Anyway congrats for this VS tiger i really like it.

post-36-1071420741.gif