Steam Summer Sale 2012

Is Metro for $5 a good buy?

I have a decent machine (I7-950 and GTX 580) so hopefully it will run.

it's a great game for $5. unfortunately i got stuck in this level about mid-way through so i dropped it. the game gets biased. all the 1000 enemies can see you in the dark, but somehow you cant. the weapons are frustrating, although more "real" than other games

your machine wont have a problem running it, save for a few of the DX11 features.

Any of you guys play Limbo? Do you think it is worth a grab at $2.50? I love that it has Mac support as well.

Amazing game. Absolute STEAL at that price.

Just bought the Complete GTA Pack for ?4.99.

-Grand Theft Auto 1 (Windows Only)

-Grand Theft Auto 2 (Windows Only)

-Grand Theft Auto 3 (Windows & Mac)

-Grand Theft Auto 4 (Windows Only)

-Grand Theft Auto: SA (Windows & Mac)

-Grand Theft Auto: VC (Windows & Mac)

-Grand Theft Auto: EFLC (Windows Only)

Ends at 6am (UK Time) Thursday.

Just bought Metro 2033 for $5, really looking forward to the sequel actually.

Trying to decide between STALKER at $14 or Alan Wake at $15 (probably will get the collection for $20 if so). Any thoughts to help me out?

Just bought the Bioshock 1 & 2 pack for ?6.98.

I bought Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic last year during the sales, I wish they had the second game on Steam. :(

I got the Crysis pack. I never played them before but wow I was missing out!. Heck I even had a nice PC to play on back then lol a i7920 with 2 gtx285's.

Just one thing to beware of on the crysis pack, the x64 versions are not included in the steam release, I believe you can import them though from what I have read, but I bought the Crysis Maximum Edition on disc a while back for ?5 :)

• Like 1

So yeah I bought the Train Simulator.

#YOLO

So did I ............ :D

Nothing uber today for me personally and if I didnt own Bastion and Super Meat Boy, then they would both of been bought.

Finally bought something else in the sale...

post-151617-0-11625400-1342651729_thumb.

(The only thing I'd bought before this was the Wrath of the Lamb DLC for The Binding of Isaac, which cost 49p)

Age of Empires online is a thing you can buy? :huh:

It's a free to play game so they make their money selling DLC content for it. The sale is for some of that stuff.

Just got Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, couldn't pass it up at $4.99 :)

i'd hold out on buying stalker, im sure it'll be on sale shortly for much cheaper.

Thanks! Went ahead and got the pack from today :)

My deals I got today:

1. SimCity 4 Deluxe **@** 2.49 EUR
  2. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit **@** 4.99 EUR
  3. Railworks 3: Train Simulator 2012 + Horseshoe Curve **@** 3.49 EUR

Damn good deals right there!

Wanted to get Cities in Motion, too, but I'm toying with the idea to get Cities XL 2012 now instead! :)

Glassed Silver:mac

"The communities choice" must be rigged.

It says the community voted for Simcity 4 deluxe, (9 year old game) Over anno 2070 which is a brand new game, and much better.

EA and both Steam always seem to have Simcity 4 on sale.

Simcity 4 doesnt even work right on windows 7 unless you enjoy the constant crashing to desktop.

AAHH!!!

So just because the newest thing on the list didn't win means that it is rigged?

"The communities choice" must be rigged.

It says the community voted for Simcity 4 deluxe, (9 year old game) Over anno 2070 which is a brand new game, and much better.

EA and both Steam always seem to have Simcity 4 on sale.

SimCity is a hugely popular franchise, Anno 2070 on the other hand is not so well known.

SimCity is a hugely popular franchise, Anno 2070 on the other hand is not so well known.

Anno 2070 doesn't look as interesting to me as the earlier games in the series. On the other hand I've played SimCity 4 but never owned it... so I would go for that deal. But don't see that much of a point, since SimCity 5 is in development.

I hope there are better deals for Skyrim before the end of the sale.

Hope you enjoy it. COP is the best i think. Can't wait til the next game is released :D

you might check out the "complete" mods for SOC and COP

http://www.moddb.com...ipyat-complete/

They add alot to the games. The older games get Hd textures which look alot better, and a nice new atmosphere which makes the game much better, but the games are still awesome without it.

Yeah went ahead and installed STALKER complete right off the bat. With this and Metro 2033 should be good for a bit in the fps horror genre :)

I've got a few games in the Steam sale. Not as many as i could have got. I held back on a few because i already finished them on console (Saints Row 3).

Fable III Collection

Shoot Many Robots

Serious Sam 3 BFE

Darkness II (ROW)

Alan Wake American Nightmare

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Pack

Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack

Max Payne 3

Also in the Origin sale i picked up

Fifa 12

NFS The Run.

Still with all those games, i still found myself sinking all my spare time into the La-Mulana remake that was released also! :laugh:

Gotta love a classic Metroidvania game.