Steam Summer Sale 2012

Not so happy about my purchase now...

Got home and got Driver installed. I went to play it, and even with two 560Ti cards through SLi, it wouldn't run on high. It barely ran on low, even the game menu was laggy. So I restarted my PC, tried disabling one of my cards, checked my video drivers. Everything I have tried has not seemed to work. I have no problem running BF3, Guild Wars 2, all on high. Not sure what it is, but I really don't have the patience to mess with it.

Does Steam do refunds? I've never had an issue like this before, but I can't be bothered with this crap, I'd rather just have my money back.

Not so happy about my purchase now...

Got home and got Driver installed. I went to play it, and even with two 560Ti cards through SLi, it wouldn't run on high. It barely ran on low, even the game menu was laggy. So I restarted my PC, tried disabling one of my cards, checked my video drivers. Everything I have tried has not seemed to work. I have no problem running BF3, Guild Wars 2, all on high. Not sure what it is, but I really don't have the patience to mess with it.

Does Steam do refunds? I've never had an issue like this before, but I can't be bothered with this crap, I'd rather just have my money back.

Not sure, I think so. May as well try eh? At least, that's my recommendation.

Can anyone recommend a racing car game for me? So far shift 2, test drive 2 and driver look tempting. It'd be nice to drive super cars and not have unlimited traction.

Can anyone recommend a racing car game for me? So far shift 2, test drive 2 and driver look tempting. It'd be nice to drive super cars and not have unlimited traction.

It's an oldie, but GRID was fun for me.

TDU2 is pretty good, Driver is great, Shift has a silent F in its pronunciation.

Is this the last day of the sale?

Says through the 22nd so I would think there's a sale tomorrow too, as the top seller items don't expire 'til the 23rd too.

Says through the 22nd so I would think there's a sale tomorrow too, as the top seller items don't expire 'til the 23rd too.

I hope so - today's sales are pretty poor :/

Not if you're like me and have been waiting for Arma II for the longest time! :p

I'm wondering if they don't do sort of an encore sale tomorrow for those that missed something. Haven't they done that before? :o

Batman, Rayman, and Fable 3 are all on sale. And I want them all. But their all more expensive then I'm wiling to pay. :(

Can't speak for the other two, but Arkham City is worth way more than $10.

Not if you're like me and have been waiting for Arma II for the longest time! :p

I'm wondering if they don't do sort of an encore sale tomorrow for those that missed something. Haven't they done that before? :o

Wasn't Arma II free on Greenman Gaming?

sIFjJ.png

---

Hoping for an Elder Scrolls pack :/

The whole sale has been pretty poor, IMO. I've spent less than ?15 in the sale so far.

Batman, Rayman, and Fable 3 are all on sale. And I want them all. But their all more expensive then I'm wiling to pay. :(

Same here. I was tempted by Arkham City when it was on sale a few days ago, but I read about the GOTY edition coming here in September (it's already out in America, the cheeky gits), and I also read about the issues the PC version has, mainly with DX11.

Wasn't Arma II free on Greenman Gaming?

sIFjJ.png

Indeed it was; I got it myself from there, but I'm assuming he wants ArmA II Combined Operations so that he can play the DayZ mod.

Can't speak for the other two, but Arkham City is worth way more than $10.

I'm hesitant because of the DRM. I have such a huge backlog that I can afford to wait for it to get lower.

The whole sale has been pretty poor, IMO. I've spent less than ?15 in the sale so far.

Indeed it was; I got it myself from there, but I'm assuming he wants ArmA II Combined Operations so that he can play the DayZ mod.

Ah, I've spent ?100-ish, but that's due to my move to PC gaming and not having many games before hand on PC.

I want to get Arkham Asylum/City but I'm not thrilled with GFWL. Maybe I'll convince myself it will be ok before the sale is over :laugh:

They are both excellent games and if you're refusing the buy it because of GFWL. Then you're missing out on two of the best games this generation.

I've not had a single problem with GFWL games. Then again, i never had problems with any DRM.

you guys are having fun with this! i have to save money so no games buying for me for now...have to pass on this sale sadly. most of the big games i already bought, but still...oh well, between gaming less and having trying to save it's ok, hopefully i'm still around for the holiday sale :rofl: