Boy Scouts of America keeps gay ban

Much of America (No, of course not all of it) hates gays, loves guns and violence, rejects evolution and LOVES the god of Abraham.

America = part of the Middle East?

The part about much of America loving guns and violence is simply not true. There are sections of the nation that love having the right to own guns, but only a small part of it is vocal, and most of America actually hates violence unless we are talking about what is shown in our entertainment.

Of course they're different. One was born that way, the other wasn't. One is hurtful, the other isn't.

Oh - I thought he was criticizing homophobic behavior, you know, being hurtful towards homophobes.

^^____ You noticed that too, 'eh?

We spend hour after hour, year after year, trying to do good works though our church; food kitchens, taking care of pregnant girls, aid to the aged, poor & handicapped, disaster relief, trucking busloads of us hundreds of miles to take part in Freedom March's in the 1960's etc., then get hit with this kind of ignorant crap from online know-nothings.

Yeah, we're really oppressing them.

This is why I was saying that earlier - some on this board are carelessly throwing anything religious into one lump sum, judging all using extremist examples, which is not only insulting to the intelligence of the reader, but to all who consider themselves religious in any way.

I always thought there was a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy in the guides, scouts & services in the U.S.A.

So fracking what if someone like their own sex.

I have a feeling it's those that have a lot to hide don't want to be exposed as homosexual themselves that shout so loud over things like this.

Homophobia is all about bashing people because you don't like the way they live their lives. Why should bigoted asshats be immune from criticism? People might have freedom of speech, but that doesn't give us an obligation to pretend that their bigoted hate is some kind of special flower that needs to be protected from criticism.

I think you've read my comment and assumed I was somehow defending those against gays. I thought my clarification of "bashing people" being unacceptable would have made that obvious. Maybe I should repeat that tidbit in the same obnoxious reverberating tone as Shakey. It certainly is profound.

Don't like the boy scouts stance on homosexuals? Don't let your kids join.

/end discussion

Remove public funding, then it can be called private and truly be free to do what they want. Then you can decree end of discussion.

i'm not gay but I really think all these bans are really making us as humans look stupid.

like these types of bans are like bans in medieval times, (long time ago)

Half of you people probably 1. don't live in the U.S or don't even have jobs and complain about public funding lol.

It seems to be red herring night on neowin. What you just posted is exactly that. I live in the US and have a job working roughly 16hr days. So now that we have gotten that out of the way, do you have anything actually worthy of saying?

The part about much of America loving guns and violence is simply not true. There are sections of the nation that love having the right to own guns, but only a small part of it is vocal, and most of America actually hates violence unless we are talking about what is shown in our entertainment.

I am quite happy to accept that.

It seems to be red herring night on neowin. What you just posted is exactly that. I live in the US and have a job working roughly 16hr days. So now that we have gotten that out of the way, do you have anything actually worthy of saying?

Why aren't you at work? :p

Just kidding.

Half of you people probably 1. don't live in the U.S or don't even have jobs and complain about public funding lol.

Yeah, that's the usual retort of those that cannot back their viewpoint up with actual logic.

• Like 3

Thread cleaned

Please do not use derogatory words to refer to groups of people. Thank you.

If only this judicious level of policing is applied to those who slur, attack and denigrate people who profess religious faith. As if there's such a thing as a faithless person, besides smacking of intolerance.

If only this judicious level of policing is applied to those who slur, attack and denigrate people who profess religious faith. As if there's such a thing as a faithless person, besides smacking of intolerance.

You're implying that all faithless people are intolerant?

All moderators and supervisors here should take the same action if anyone slurs, attacks, or denigrates a religious person. Religious people are covered in the part of my sentence where I mention "groups of people." If you believe any moderation has been inconsistent in this regard, please do not hesitate to initiate a personal message conversation with me or any other supervisor, and we will investigate :) But discussing it in this thread will derail the thread and take it off-topic, so we can't do that. Thank you.

Yeah, that's the usual retort of those that cannot back their viewpoint up with actual logic.

Notice how he didn't have anything else to say after that.

You're implying that all faithless people are intolerant?

Haha, quite the opposite actually.

But really, as said before, who actually cares about the boy scouts anymore? I don't think I know a single person who was in the boy scouts.

Haha, quite the opposite actually.

But really, as said before, who actually cares about the boy scouts anymore? I don't think I know a single person who was in the boy scouts.

I didn't quote you, I quoted another member.

Thank you. These forums are getting incredibly hostile as of late, especially with these stupid generalizations. Seriously questioning my membership here now too... :/

About as much of a guess as you saying it's not.

How close is 'about' - I already requested being careful about the generalizations and mass groupings of anything religious to this thread, stating that it seems to be looked upon by only using extremist examples.

How close is 'about' - I already requested being careful about the generalizations and mass groupings of anything religious to this thread, stating that it seems to be looked upon by only using extremist examples.

Prob closer then you are willing to accept.