Boy Scouts of America keeps gay ban

Another guess.

Can you provide any reason why it should be believed that the religious in this country shouldn't be seen as the majority against homosexuality? After all, majority of the country is religious and they are the ones you see more then any other group who speak out against it. So what exactly makes it a guess over anything else?

Can you provide any reason why it should be believed that the religious in this country shouldn't be seen as the majority against homosexuality? After all, majority of the country is religious and they are the ones you see more then any other group who speak out against it. So what exactly makes it a guess over anything else?

Oh, I thought the burden of proof was on you.

Oh, I thought the burden of proof was on you.

So you are saying you have nothing that prove that Im wrong in saying that the majority in this country are religious and the majority of the anti gay side comes from that religious (no one religion) majority? At least Im attempting to offer something, what can you offer other then "no it's not"???

So you are saying you have nothing that prove that Im wrong in saying that the majority in this country are religious and the majority of the anti gay side comes from that religious (no one religion) majority? At least Im attempting to offer something, what can you offer other then "no it's not"???

It's a stupid pointless tangent either way. It's just wasting pages.

Does anyone even put their kids in boy scouts any more? It always struck me as a such a 1950s thing.

And clearly their mentality is just as old! haha!

BSA = homophobic.

Wait, what? Where did you offer something? I must have missed any proof of the claim.

@Calum

No one is being oppressed and I've not suggested anything like South Africa. What you suggest is just an imaginary construction to over dramatize your position. Gays need to stop comparing themselves to Blacks in this manner. It is highly offensive to Blacks and very disrespectful. Go form the Gay Scouts of America and stop infringing on others.

@Calum

No one is being oppressed and I've not suggested anything like South Africa. What you suggest is just an imaginary construction to over dramatize your position. Gays need to stop comparing themselves to Blacks in this manner. It is highly offensive to Blacks and very disrespectful. Go form the Gay Scouts of America and stop infringing on others.

I still don't see how wanting to be allowed into the Boy Scouts Of America means they are "infringing" on anyone.

And while the comparison to other minorities is a bit dramatic it is still valid. People are discriminated against because they are gay, just as people used to be (and sometimes still are) discriminated against because they are black. Remember the "separate but equal" thing that you seem to be suggesting? It was also used when black people were forced to be separate.

Gays need to stop comparing themselves to Blacks in this manner. It is highly offensive to Blacks and very disrespectful. Go form the Gay Scouts of America and stop infringing on others.

If you can't see the similarities between the treatment of black people and gay people then there really isn't any hope that you'll ever actually understand the situation.

If you can't see the similarities between the treatment of black people and gay people then there really isn't any hope that you'll ever actually understand the situation.

Come to the US and randomly ask black people on the street if their is a comparison and check back here with your results. They might surprise you.

Wait, what? Where did you offer something? I must have missed any proof of the claim.

That's the point, you don't even bother to try to back up the denial you made.

Come to the US and randomly ask black people on the street if their is a comparison and check back here with your results. They might surprise you.

That's entirely irrelevant. There is a clear similarity between the struggle for equal rights for gay people and black people, just as was the case for women before that. It's bizarre that so many people only accept the similarities in hindsight when it's patently obviously right now for those with even a modicum of objectivity or rational thought.

It's a shame that the US turned a relatively moral and decent British institution into a sexist, homophobic and overly politicised one.

That's entirely irrelevant. There is a clear similarity between the struggle for equal rights for gay people and black people, just as was the case for women before that. It's bizarre that so many people only accept the similarities in hindsight when it's patently obviously right now for those with even a modicum of objectivity or rational thought.

It's a shame that the US turned a relatively moral and decent British institution into a sexist, homophobic and overly politicised one.

So you claim to know more about the black civil rights movement than an american black man? Wow that is arrogent, and demeaning to the comprehension abilities of African Americans.

Contrary to the previous posts above; you'll never accept a differing point of view. Imagine if you will that lgbt actually did something original like make an organization of their own. Then those who weren't of the same thought joined up in effort to change that organization instead of making their own separate but equal organization. Keep in mind these organizations are private not public. Maybe now you have some understanding but probably not. Make your own organizations an stop infringing on others. Stop crying like you are oppressed and have the dignity and internal fortitude to press forward with accepting who you are by not infringing on others.

Contrary to the previous posts above; you'll never accept a differing point of view. Imagine if you will that lgbt actually did something original like make an organization of their own. Then those who weren't of the same thought joined up in effort to change that organization instead of making their own separate but equal organization. Keep in mind these organizations are private not public. Maybe now you have some understanding but probably not. Make your own organizations an stop infringing on others. Stop crying like you are oppressed and have the dignity and internal fortitude to press forward with accepting who you are by not infringing on others.

Its happened, and few cared.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CGQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freerepublic.com%2Ffocus%2Ff-news%2F2497716%2Fposts&ei=H7oVUNngKobBrQGj6oD4DQ&usg=AFQjCNG4NR78YVW0jg8FtFIRObNr-9VF9Q

no, your pov is irrelevant. There is no similarity at all between the rights infringement of blacks and the perceived rights infringement of gays. Gays were not enslaved and did not get seperated as a class of people. Being black is genetic where homosexual is a choice. There is no concrete proof otherwise.

no, your pov is irrelevant. There is no similarity at all between the rights infringement of blacks and the perceived rights infringement of gays. Gays were not enslaved and did not get seperated as a class of people. Being black is genetic where homosexual is a choice. There is no concrete proof otherwise.

To be fair, we also cant prove its a choice, that said, I support the freedom of private clubs to make their own decisions on members. and I especially dont care until I am not discriminated against every time I apply to be a waiter at hooters.

• Like 2

So you're saying that because there is no proof that being gay is genetics, to you it means it's a choice. Also by that logic, then are you saying it's a choice that you are attracted to the opposite sex, that it's not a natural attraction you have for the opposite sex?

Imagine if you will that lgbt actually did something original like make an organization of their own. Then those who weren't of the same thought joined up in effort to change that organization instead of making their own separate but equal organization.

How are gays tring to change the boy scouts of america? They just want to be able to join, and do the exact same things the boy scouts can do...

Oh wait, you're one of those people who think being gay is a choice. Ignorance doesn't make it any better.

How are gays tring to change the boy scouts of america? They just want to be able to join, and do the exact same things the boy scouts can do...

Oh wait, you're one of those people who think being gay is a choice. Ignorance doesn't make it any better.

As long as a thread about a gay baseball team doing the same thing doesn't get to 13 pages, I think everyone in here is a hypocrite.

Huh?

http://www.msnbc.msn...s/us_news-life/

Funny quote from article.

Beth Allen, the alliance's attorney, told the Times the three plaintiffs "were not discriminated against in any unlawful manner."

In any case, Allen told the newspaper, the alliance is a private organization and, as such, can determine its membership based on its goals.

Also, you are all hypocrites as long as you show no outrage that hooters has rejected all my applications to be a waiter.

Did someone hack sidroc? I know it's not serious... but not sure... why you keep posting about comparing other things...

Why re you deflecting legitimate comparisons? No one hacked me, I just have more time to make comments due my move back to Washington being completed.

So you claim to know more about the black civil rights movement than an american black man?

Strawman argument. I never claimed any such thing.

There is no similarity at all between the rights infringement of blacks and the perceived rights infringement of gays.

It's not a "perceived" infringement of their rights. This was a public announcement of a deliberate policy choice made by a major national institution in which it openly refused to let gay people join.

Gays were not enslaved and did not get seperated as a class of people.

Gays have been shunned from society, murdered en masse, chemically castrated and openly attacked. Just because they weren't enslaved does not mean that there are very obvious similarities to their treatment.

Being black is genetic where homosexual is a choice. There is no concrete proof otherwise.

There is no evidence to support that assertion. There is considerable evidence that homosexuality may be genetic - not least because animals exhibit the same behaviour and do not have the same societal constructs as humans - but it has not been definitively proved one way or another. Regardless, your point has no relevance to the comment that I made.

Some of the ignorance displayed in this topic is truly astounding.