[RTM] Windows 8 - CONFIRMED Windows 8 RTM Build = 9200.16384.win8_rtm.12072

xendrome

According to multiple sources Windows 8 is currently being signed off as final with build number: 8888.16384.win8_rtm.120724-1555

http://www.msoshq.co...tm-120724-1555/

http://winunleaked.i...full=1#post8774

http://winunleaked.i...full=1#post8770

This info should still be considered unconfirmed, but I will update this post if anything changes.

If you choose to discuss this topic, please don't off-topic or troll.

*Update* The full version with build number will be - 6.2.8888.16384.win8_rtm.120724-1555 unless they find any last minute bugs, then it would go from 16384 to 16385

*Update 2* Bug found in 8888.16384.win8_rtm.120724-1555 that has to do with WACOM pen hardware and metro icons. Expect RTM to be 8888.16385.win8_rtm.??????-???? now.

*Update 3* Bug could be a driver issue with the WACOM hardware and not an OS bug.

*Update 4* As suspected 9200.16384.win8_rtm.120725-1247 is in fact RTM

f0rk_b0mb

Build 8888? Looks like Microsoft has a sense of humor :)

nyolc8

They jumped to 8888 from 8523.

nycmattw

6.1.7600.16384.win7_rtm.090710-1945

7.0.8888.16384.win8_rtm.120724-155

sub-build number looks the same. coincidence much?

Ambroos

16384 is exactly 16 kibi (16*1024). It could mean something?

SledgeNZ

It's on target for Friday which is the date we've been told we'll get the win8 rtm & updated dev tools at work.

BajiRav

Shouldn't this be in Microsoft Beta subforum? surely a Mod should know better :p

neo1911

So WZOR and all miscellaneous websites quoting RTM build no. have been proved wrong.

Now let's wait for the leak.

Ci7

Shouldn't this be in Microsoft Beta subforum? surely a Mod should know better :p

nah , it is release build number :)

BajiRav

isn't 8 actually NT 6.2? When did they change it to 7?

xendrome

isn't 8 actually NT 6.2? When did they change it to 7?

Correct it would be 6.2.8888.16384.win8_rtm.120724-1555 not 7.0

xendrome

Nope, RTM discussion isn't Beta anymore, it's final, so having it in the Beta forum would be incorrect.

• Like 1
xendrome

Bug found in 8888.16384.win8_rtm.120724-1555 that has to do with WACOM pen hardware. Expect RTM to be 8888.16385.win8_rtm.??????-???? now.

xendrome

Ironically, right after the post in which you said this was final.

Ironically the dicussion is about the final RTM build, not about the DP/CP/RP versions. RTM = Final, there is no other definition.

George P

They're still keeping it 6.x just for drivers to install since they tend to check the major OS version before installing it seems. At least that was the thinking behind it, otherwise Win7 would have been 7.0 and so on.

SirEvan

It's on target for Friday which is the date we've been told we'll get the win8 rtm & updated dev tools at work.

The release to MSDN/Technet? or the final RTM build? I thought RTM->Technet/MSDN wasn't until first week of august. Looking forward to having to test all our software now against 8 </s>

xendrome

The release to MSDN/Technet? or the final RTM build? I thought RTM->Technet/MSDN wasn't until first week of august. Looking forward to having to test all our software now against 8 </s>

Just the actual sign-off of the code... Technet/MSDN is coming after that.

And if your software works on Windows 7, it'll likely work fine on Windows 8, unless it's something crazy..

xendrome

<<Thread Cleaned>> As I said in the original post, please don't troll the topic.

xendrome

So if you install a leaked RTM how do you get it to final, which in my case would be the upgrade version for my Acer W500?

Well #1 You can't discuss "leaked" or "pirated" copies here. And #2 RTM is RTM, there isn't a different "final" version after RTM... RTM = Final.

torrentthief

I thought steve balmer said rtm in 1st week of august?

xendrome

I thought steve balmer said rtm in 1st week of august?

Likely when they will official announce the milestone of RTM.. yes...

Detection

So if you install a leaked RTM how do you get it to final, which in my case would be the upgrade version for my Acer W500?

There is no leaked RTM anyway or it would be all over the net, the latest version available in any form is 8400 the Release Preview

Steven P.

Can't wait!

• Like 1