[RTM] Windows 8 - CONFIRMED Windows 8 RTM Build = 9200.16384.win8_rtm.12072

Win8 is pretty cheap anyway $39?? (hell they already know they cant ask for much more than that with it failing), and who would really pay any more for this disaster? lol Seriously???

If it is a disaster, why buy it! lol Seriously???

Why 2016 at the earliest? Why a longer development cycle than 7 and 8?

I predict an 8.5 at least in 2013 otherwise Windows RT will quickly lose in the market.

Yes, Win8 is "here to stay" until the next (or more likely, the previous) paradigm arrives with Win9.

The Start Menu is dead. Move on.

Why 2016 at the earliest? Why a longer development cycle than 7 and 8?

Eh, 2015. Must have hit the wrong key.

What are people going to do with a leak anyways? You need a key to install. Not like Windows 7 where you could activate later.

I know with MDT 2012 you could install it with no key so you can activate it later.

Actually you can bypass the "enter product key", but I don't know if it's considered crack/warez. :(

easiest way is to PM a forum mod and ask

Actually you can bypass the "enter product key", but I don't know if it's considered crack/warez. :(

Its not because thats the only way you can do a clean install from a blank drive with upgrade product key.

easiest way is to PM a forum mod and ask

No need to do that, just look at the previous 2 versions of Windows. The clean install from upgrade key has to be done this way by design.

Its not because thats the only way you can do a clean install from a blank drive with upgrade product key.

No need to do that, just look at the previous 2 versions of Windows. The clean install from upgrade key has to be done this way by design.

Huh?

Bypassing the use of the product key and rearming activation are features built into the product, therefore discussing them is allowed here, what's not allowed is discussion of unlawful methods to acquire the install disks.

Apparently there is a lot of talk of a leak in less than 4 hours. Seems someone is going to leak a build August 2nd @ 2am, we'll see. :p

Huh?

You dont remember how Microsoft changed the upgrade process starting with Vista? In the past you could use your cd/dvd as proof of upgrade. All versions of windows going forward now you have to start the installation within windows otherwise the product key can not be used. So what if you replace a drive, then you install but skip the key, then run the installer a second time from within windows but choose custom install. By doing this you get a clean install because the old installation gets rolled into a folder called windows.old. At that point you can easily use the key and activate where as doing it straight from the blank drive you could not.

You dont remember how Microsoft changed the upgrade process starting with Vista? In the past you could use your cd/dvd as proof of upgrade. All versions of windows going forward now you have to start the installation within windows otherwise the product key can not be used. So what if you replace a drive, then you install but skip the key, then run the installer a second time from within windows but choose custom install. By doing this you get a clean install because the old installation gets rolled into a folder called windows.old. At that point you can easily use the key and activate where as doing it straight from the blank drive you could not.

I don't think any of that applies, if the RTM version is like the DP/CP/RP then you need a key to get past the first part of the setup.

I don't think any of that applies, if the RTM version is like the DP/CP/RP then you need a key to get past the first part of the setup.

Is there an indication that this will remain the same for the RTM? It seems interesting to me that Microsoft would change this feature again, but I guess it did get used for a lot of piracy

I noticed that with the betas, however I was able to skip past this when I used an answer file. So for all we know it could have been a bug in the DP/CP/RP or something they added in just for those versions.

All of that require skipping past the product key screen (you are only forced to choose the right edition if the ISO is not edition specific). IIRC Window 8 setup requires a product key or it won't proceed.