Share your Windows 8/8.1 (Store) app recommendations

Flux and Zentomi crashes on start too for me :(

Flux works for me, Zentomi crashes... seems totally random...

The TrackSeries app is nice for those who watch a lot of TV series but since it's only version 1.0, there's a lot of room for improvement. It's a pain in the butt to mark-as-viewed episodes because you have to right click it one by one. Hopefully, this will be improved on the next update :p

post-372806-0-17974200-1347733312_thumb.

I have one (actually two) big problem with the Win8 Store... There is no version number, and release/update date displayed for apps in the store. I really missing these... :wacko:

App authors can put those details in the Release Notes section of the Details page in the Store. In my case I put a version number history along with what changed in each.

Store is buggy on Server 2012..... takes forever to search for apps and I click to install and it takes forever... I disabled the SEHOP and it improved it a little.... but still buggy... sometimes it will say I'm not connected as well...

The TrackSeries app is nice for those who watch a lot of TV series but since it's only version 1.0, there's a lot of room for improvement. It's a pain in the butt to mark-as-viewed episodes because you have to right click it one by one. Hopefully, this will be improved on the next update :p

You dont have to. Just select the last episode you have seen from the series.

You dont have to. Just select the last episode you have seen from the series.

Wow, stupid me didn't even try starting from the end :p Now, the only problem is that it wipes data after crash (something I experienced just now) XD

Do you happen to know where the developer get the background pictures? The link to Support page only opens a blank Chrome page.

Wow, stupid me didn't even try starting from the end :p Now, the only problem is that it wipes data after crash (something I experienced just now) XD

Do you happen to know where the developer get the background pictures? The link to Support page only opens a blank Chrome page.

Wouldn't say stupid, the app isn't using the UI correctly to designate something is watched. That UI shows the episode is selected, you would then expect some functionality based on this. Either this or restyle the selected element to show this is the most recently watched episode.

Store is buggy on Server 2012..... takes forever to search for apps and I click to install and it takes forever... I disabled the SEHOP and it improved it a little.... but still buggy... sometimes it will say I'm not connected as well...

Why why why would you turn off security features? That is just a terrible idea. And it is absolutely not going to affect performance of the Store (or anything else for that matter). It just causes apps to crash if they otherwise would have corrupted memory in a particularly dangerous way.

Why why why would you turn off security features? That is just a terrible idea. And it is absolutely not going to affect performance of the Store (or anything else for that matter). It just causes apps to crash if they otherwise would have corrupted memory in a particularly dangerous way.

I have had a lot of crashes of IE10 metro and turning that off fixed a lot of it. Also Media players acted strange as well. I am using it on a VM so I am not so paranoid parrot over it. LOL

Sorry, I don't know. But those pictures are badasses :D

Love the layout in modern reader. Takes cues from Mail and OneNote and does it extremely well. Also, this is the first app I have encountered with a configurable theme (which doesn't seem to work yet). It definitely feels like an alpha release but modern reader has even more potential than Zentomi or Flux. Some fairly complex apps have started popping up. Splashtop works very well already. PowerDVD is pretty good, finally a WinRT app to play MKV or FLAC. It is unfinished, of course, but it does play most video or audio files you throw at it.

Love the layout in modern reader. Takes cues from Mail and OneNote and does it extremely well. Also, this is the first app I have encountered with a configurable theme (which doesn't seem to work yet).

Hmm, the theme switching works for me (I use the midnight one). What happens when you click/tap on a different theme? My friend wrote that app, you can e-mail him via the support link.

The solution to no clock in Metro

Untitled.png

"Clock Tile" in New Apps section of Store

ROFL... it probably has trouble automatically updating like most other metro (cr)apps out there. A step in the right direction though, i suppose.

ROFL... it probably has trouble automatically updating like most other metro (cr)apps out there. A step in the right direction though, i suppose.

Updates in about 2 seconds after opening the start screen

Did they change something in RTM? All my tiles stay updated regularly in the RP.

Not sure if this has been posted but the TuneIn Radio App is now available in the Windows Store, been waiting for this one!