Walmart refuses to sell shotgun to woman

Sorry but a shotgun isn't for protection, it's designed to kill someone. For protection you should use a pistol and aim at the legs unless the other person has a gun. Just because someone breaks into your house and maybe wants to kill you don't have the right to be Judge Dredd. If someone breaks into your house and you kill them, that's fine as long as that wasn't your intent or it was the very last option.

Having a shotgun is clearly intent to kill and you're basically a murderer, killing for your own interests when it's not necessary.

Nice to see that alteast someone in the US was denied a gun. Wont have to worry about the US soon since you will all have taken eachother out soon. Good ridens.

Sorry but a shotgun isn't for protection, it's designed to kill someone. For protection you should use a pistol and aim at the legs unless the other person has a gun. Just because someone breaks into your house and maybe wants to kill you don't have the right to be Judge Dredd. If someone breaks into your house and you kill them, that's fine as long as that wasn't your intent or it was the very last option.

Having a shotgun is clearly intent to kill and you're basically a murderer, killing for your own interests when it's not necessary.

as much as I dislike guns, or rather I don't dislike the guns, I dislike the idea you need one for protection. when/if you get to the point where you do need to protect yourself with a gun, you don't aim for the legs, 1: they're small targets and harder to hit 2: he can still shoot you after you hit or miss his legs. In fact if you are going to shoot the legs, then the shotgun is the only viable option. of course you're then likely to rupture a major artery and he'll bleed out anyway, which could happen with a pistol as well.

of course the alternative here is a tazer gun. it's a gun and it doesn't kill(in 99% of the cases).

Want the best protection?

Move to Europe and live without fear :p

Interesting thought considering the crime rate in Europe hovers around 10% compared to the 3-4% in the US. Not sure how your math works out but last time I checked, 3-4% is less than 10%.
  • Like 1

Sure, but haven't you noticed that most of the folks decrying guns in this thread aren't actually FROM the US? You've got to allow for different perspectives on things. Most of us in the EU will just never really understand the average American's love of their guns, and we really don't see the need for them in our (mostly) safe societies.

I'm not one to say you should give them up, mind you. But your love of the things IS primarily the reason why so many of you feel you need them...

Also, what that other person said.. Buying guns in a SUPERMARKET?!? O.o

Safe country? The UK? hahah. I was born in Ireland. I moved to the US when i was 15 with my parents. I went and visited my grandparents who live in London when I was 20. I got my ass beat 3 separate times, and mugged once. Not sure if its because I was Irish, sort of small, or from America, but the safe feeling in the UK is a joke. (from my limited time there) I enjoy the ability to buy guns now, and blow **** up also when the want/need arises. Guns are cool.

Interesting thought considering the crime rate in Europe hovers around 10% compared to the 3-4% in the US. Not sure how your math works out but last time I checked, 3-4% is less than 10%.

and LOL @ that

where do you get your stats ? last I checked europe had far lower crime rates, and we have virtually no repeat criminals after jail time compared to the American system where everyone who's been in jail is almost guaranteed to come out a harder criminal and if he went in innocent he's gonna be a criminal when he gets out.

but I'm sure you have some actual real world numbers for your wild claims.

Yet another gun expert. :rolleyes:

Shotguns are great for home protection. Load it with buck shot. Has stopping power but not necessarily fatal, doesn't penetrate through walls, don't need to aim. Just the sound a round being wracked is enough for the intruder to get the **** out of there.

• Like 1

where do you get your stats ? last I checked europe had far lower crime rates

but I'm sure you have some actual real world numbers for your wild claims.

Basic math. Actually your crime rates are much higher once you consider the ratio. For instance, in the UK, there are 6,523,706 crimes reported as of last year. Germany, 6,507,394. USA, 11,877,218. You might be thinking, around double the crimes! And you are correct, however comparing based on that number gives you a very misleading and false conclusion. Here are the true rates based on information readily available online.

USA Crime Rate: 11,877,218

USA Population: 314,390,000

USA Crime Ratio: 3.77%

UK Crime Rate: 6,523,706

UK Population: 62,262,000

UK Crime Ratio: 10.48%

Germany Crime Rate: 6,507,394

Germany Population: 81,799,600

Germany Crime Ratio: 7.95%

EDIT: reason I give Germany and UK as examples, most people on Neowin are from those two or cite their amazing fix everything laws.

Might want to have a look at this:

http://www.unodc.org...stics/data.html

Homicide rate for example:

US (2005-2010 average per 100k): 5,6

Belgium (where I live) (2005-2010 average per 100k): 1,9

And it's like that in pretty much all of Northern/Western/Southern Europe. It is a bit higher in Eastern Europe though, about the same as the US.

And it's not just about numbers. The fact that it's just extremely hard to get a gun makes you feel so much safer.

Take the video below for example: there are so many people commenting on the video they'd simply shoot the zombies (actors) if they saw them on the street... The fact that you can't pull off stunts like that without pretty much fearing for your life or risking getting shot makes me scared to visit the US.

It's also called premeditated murder, purchased for the sole purpose of using against another human.

But don't kid yourself, it is fear.

Clearly you have no clue what murder is, premeditated or not.

And fear is the reason. However you rationalize it. I don't need to be prepared because I don't live in fear.

So much fail in both your 2 quotes.

Do you accuse people that keep a fire extinguisher handy of living in fear?

How about people that keep a couple of days food and water on hand in case of natural disaster? Are they living in fear?

Its called being prepared, and being responsible to take care of ones family in case of the unplanned.

No matter how often you say it, it doesn't make it done out of fear, its not even a part of the consideration.

Maybe its you that lives in fear, since you seem to want to project that on everyone else.

Also, if I have a gun, why would I be scared of anything again?

• Like 1

*cough*DEFINITION: Note: Crime statistics are often better indicators of prevalence of law enforcement and willingness to report crime, than actual prevalence.*cough*

seems you left something out

And it's like that in pretty much all of Northern/Western/Southern Europe. It is a bit higher in Eastern Europe though, about the same as the US.

And it's not just about numbers. The fact that it's just extremely hard to get a gun makes you feel so much safer.

Take the video below for example: there are so many people commenting on the video they'd simply shoot the zombies (actors) if they saw them on the street... The fact that you can't pull off stunts like that without pretty much fearing for your life or risking getting shot makes me scared to visit the US.

Yes but I was referencing the crime rates, not just the homicide rate. Gunshot wounds only kill around 20% or less of victims. The same goes for knives which is why the homicide rates are even across counties. The fact remains that everywhere in the USA that gun bans have been put into place, crime rates skyrocketed. The only people that are safer when guns are no longer legal are criminals.

Nice vid by the way :p

LOL, you CLEARLY don't understand the concept of premeditated murder or castle doctrine. Do yourself a favor and stay out of threads like this before you start sounding like a moron.

Despite it being a Cowboy Law, I very much do understand, the only question is said lawfulness, which isn't up to you or her to decide

<there was a big rant here about it, but I decided to delete it, this thread isn't the place>

------

But I can see it now, buddy comes home early(but late at night) to surprise her and he gets shotgun to the face.

------

But I can see it now, buddy comes home early(but late at night) to surprise her and he gets shotgun to the face.

Just happened. there's a news story about it in the hum spam section.

Sorry but a shotgun isn't for protection, it's designed to kill someone. For protection you should use a pistol and aim at the legs unless the other person has a gun.

You watch too many movies if you think this is easy to do. Even then, hitting legs has NO guarentee to stop the threat.

Just because someone breaks into your house and maybe wants to kill you don't have the right to be Judge Dredd. If someone breaks into your house and you kill them, that's fine as long as that wasn't your intent or it was the very last option.

Actually, in this case, the law IS on my side if they end up dead after breaking in, provided I was in fear of my life or grevious boldily harm, or fear the same may happen to another member of my household.

No one should ever be shooting with intent to kill, the only intent in a defensive shoot, is to stop the threat. If that ends up killing the bad guy, I will not shed a tear, they chose their path.

Wrong, you can pull off stunts like that here in the U.S and Sacramento CA does it every year. People put makeup on to look like zombies and they wonder the downtown streets of Sacramento. Nice try though.

Oh just let them all shoot eachother and the rest of the World will be better off.

If gun owners killed one another with the regularity you idiots like to hyperbolize with, North America would be empty long ago.