Walmart refuses to sell shotgun to woman

An AK-47 or Famas is a more suitable gun; very accurate and easy headshots.

only a fool aims for the head in CQC. center of mass or nothing in that situation.

The AK isn't incredibly accurate, the famas is marginally better. If your weapon knowledge is from COD please don't post. lol

• Like 1

only a fool aims for the head in CQC. center of mass or nothing in that situation.

The AK isn't incredibly accurate, the famas is marginally better. If your weapon knowledge is from COD please don't post. lol

Agreed, although how inaccurate it is is more or less moot at home defense distances.

True.

still, a high velocity rifle round is going to go through just about any common wall material. Even red brick wont stop a .223. And, if you're thinking of getting a rifle firing a 7.62 for home defense, please jump off a cliff.

CQC you want a large, slow projectile. Period.

why you can defend your home perfectly fine with an AG3 (G3). In fact in Norway there are I believe several people with this rifle even automatic one at home. Granted they are part of our equivalent of the National Guard I believe so :) and I'm not sure about the situation if they're allowed to keep ammo and stuff for it. And even then I don't think they are allowed to use it outside of military duty, or rather that is, unless Norway is suddenly being invaded...

Curious, What do you think happens to a .223 round that hits drywall?

This,
Skip to about 1:30 to see the .223

So what do you think it does but its not going to be going through multiple walls if it hits another house. If your house is made entirely out of drywall(which you statement implies), I think you have more to worry about than freak accident gun fire.

She should be able to buy it, but realy, a shot gun for "protection"?

Would it be hard get to? At least harder than a pistol would be. A pistol seems like it'd be easier to get/equip/and fire.

but i could be wrong.

I would be more intimidated by a woman wielding a shotgun than a pistol for a few reasons:

* You can't miss at close range. A shotgun blast in the chest is going to knock you down. Depending on what kind of pistol we are talking about, you may just really **** off whoever you shoot but not disable them and they may get the upper hand.

* It looks more intimidating/scary

* I think it would be more difficult to get a shotgun out of a woman's hand than a pistol. There are some maneuvers to disarm someone when they have a pistol. Not so easy with a shotgun.

* You can't miss at close range. A shotgun blast in the chest is going to knock you down. Depending on what kind of pistol we are talking about, you may just really **** off whoever you shoot but not disable them and they may get the upper hand.

Stopping power would be my first requirement for self protection. You don't want to slow down someone trying to murder you. You want to stop them.

No, I didn't sense any sarcasm. Considering you're homophobic, I didn't suspect that a sexist post of yours would be a joke.

just because I don't support gay marriage don't make me homophobic. I could say you're heterophobic for saying that. You're being gay doesn't bother me. Seriously though, I was just being sarcastic with the post in question.

just because I don't support gay marriage don't make me homophobic. I could say you're heterophobic for saying that. You're being gay doesn't bother me. Seriously though, I was just being sarcastic with the post in question.

[. . .]

My labelling of you as homophobic has nothing to do with your opposition to marriage equality; it's a conclusion based on quite a few things you've said about gay and bisexual people. Anyway, there's no need for us to discuss that here, as it isn't the topic of the thread. For the record, though, I'm not gay.

I believe you that this post of yours was sarcastic. I just meant that I didn't realise it was sarcasm :)

My labelling of you as homophobic has nothing to do with your opposition to marriage equality; it's a conclusion based on quite a few things you've said about gay and bisexual people. Anyway, there's no need for us to discuss that here, as it isn't the topic of the thread. For the record, though, I'm not gay.

I believe you that this post of yours was sarcastic. I just meant that I didn't realise it was sarcasm :)

stop labelling me. :p PM why you think that please

^ Hah -- I have never fired a shotgun without being knocked on my ass. :laugh:

Seriously? I know women who probably don't even weigh 100 lbs that can shoot one without a problem. To quote the late Steve Jobs: "you're holding it wrong". Hell, I shot my dad's 12 gauge double barrel when I was probably 10 or 11, and I wasn't even 5' tall and 100 lbs back then.

Oh, I had a 12 guage that has a terrible kick. You better hold on tight to that baby or it'll slap you in the face or put a bruise on your shoulder.

As I said to Hum, it sounds to me like someone needs to give you a lesson in how to properly hold a shotgun.

So says the guy from Ireland. :|

And me been from Ireland is suppose to mean?...what exactly? That I'm not afraid to walk to the shop/store without my shotgun full of buck that's not fatal if i shoot them in the toes or tell them to hide behind a wall first?

Honestly, You need to stop watching movies like patriot games and cheesey americans trying irish accents (devils own..example) portraying Irish people on TV, it's rotting your brain.

our cops bar the armed units don't carry guns, they don't need to, not everybody on the street is a potential shooter.