Busted!

This may be posted in the wrong place, if so I'm sorry.

For all the people telling you how safe it is to download from bit torrent, they're wrong. I've downloaded for

years from news groups and kazza and never had any trouble, 3 days with bit and I got busted. Might want to steer

clear.

Cody :cry:

Paramount is very good at finding you. :blink:

Why would the medium through which you download make any difference? The point is you are illegally downloading protected content.

(Y)

i agree, anyone whos anyone can see what your downloading, wether it's the warez server it's self, RIAA, your ISP, i woulnt even gamble it.

more info required. what were you downloading? also, define busted? you got a fine? you're posting from jail? what? how did paramount find you? contact you? what did they say?

There are legit uses for BitTorrent as well, some linux distros for example.

Well of course there are. Same goes for any P2P sharing application. If he were using it for legitimate purposes however Paramount would not have "busted" him would they?

I was downloading Smallville for my wife as she missed the last show, I had rented Jackass and ripped it to my computer. Probably downloading Smallville was just a bad.

Cody

Damn man, can't you provide some details about busted? Did the feds come to your house, did a guy in a black jumpsuit break through your bedroom window and do a rolling dive? :ninja:

The scary part is What if I had a legal copy that I had ripped and had it in the same folder . I would still lose my Cable for 24 hours(first time) and have remove it from any folder that might be shared with bit.

That is all I've used bit for, I d/led a ER show and Smallville for my wife when she has to work late, but

had several mpg's in the same folder(some leagl and couple that I had rented) Live and learn.

Cody

If I was hosting I didn't know it but I figured that it was shared, just never thought about the other files.

Cody

What a crock. It would take Paramount weeks to get the subpena just to find out who you are so they could contact you. How did they contact you exactly? Email? Phone? I very much doubt that Paramount is going to spend the time tracking down someone who downloaded 1 single episode of Smallville, when they could be much more effective going after the people who seed the torrents in the first place. Even the RIAA only go after people sharing multiple songs.

What a crock. It would take Paramount weeks to get the subpena just to find out who you are so they could contact you. How did they contact you exactly? Email? Phone? I very much doubt that Paramount is going to spend the time tracking down someone who downloaded 1 single episode of Smallville, when they could be much more effective going after the people who seed the torrents in the first place. Even the RIAA only go after people sharing multiple songs.

Exactly they have to be after this guy for things done before the Smallville dload.

i smell bullsh*t .. :whistle: if this was so true why dont u stop posting small posts and tell everybody what the crap u got busted for like everybody asked like 20 posted behind everyone u post ??

Wait a second...you lost your cable for 24 hours?? Did your cable company bust you? If your cable company has a "no peer to peer" rule, and you broke it, then of course you're going to get busted....

OMG SHARING SMALLVILLE I GOT BUSTED FOR A TV RIP~~ wth would someone get busted for a smallville tv show ?? when there is WAREZ GROUPs that have 100's of thousands of gigbytes in stolen software yet they go for a dude with a smallville rip omgomgwtfbbq?