Busted!

Well, all I can say is that it serves you right for allowing your wife to watch that crappy TV show. If she wasn't addicted to that pile of sh*t, she wouldn't have missed it and you wouldn't have gotten busted.

AND what the hell are you doing ripping a rented copy of Jackass on to your computer? Perhaps we should forward your admission of guilt here to MTV and get busted again?

Smallville! Jesus freakin Christ! :trout:

If you don't respond then no cable for you. as simply as that.

Cody

then go with a different isp....

seriously, with your response, they can take you to court and win within 5 minutes. It's like getting into a car accident and saying to a cop "I know I purposely swerved and hit that old woman, killing her, but I didn't think I would get cought"

I am just curious about a few things.

1. Like the NFL that announces "Any broadcast or reproduction without the express written approval..blah blah..

is strictly prohibited" Does this show also make such a statement?

2. Their concern must be your failure to cap the commercials,so are we saying the TEVO users are just as

egregious?

3. You claim that you missed the show,therefore I will assume you pay for TV cable(required to see show)

Has your cable provider advised you in advanced that recording shows is illegal?

4.If your answer is "no" to question 3., then now I am really confused because Paramount along with

all of Hollywood waved restrictions on broadcast TV when then settled for a piece of all VHS tapes sold.

no one has said anything about Smallville that I was d/ling. I had Jackass in the same folder and I guess

someone was uploading with bit and that is what they sent the email to Cableone for. If I had not have had

Jackass in there nothing would have happened.

Cody

no one has said anything about Smallville that I was d/ling. I had Jackass in the same folder and I guess

someone was uploading with bit and that is what they sent the email to Cableone for. If I had not have had

Jackass in there nothing would have happened.

Cody

ok, seriously, the only way for you to have been uploading it to others would have been BLATANTLY obvious you were doing it with bit torrent. You NEED the window for THAT FILE open in order to do it.

I don't know what happened, all I know is that I downloaded Smallville and got busted for Jackass. I didn't

setup anything I just clicked smallville, told it what folder to put it in and to my knowledge that is all.

whatever they did or whatever I did, I did get caught. I thought I'd pass on what happened to me and that is what I've done. Not on here to bull anyone, just telling you what happened.

Cody

OK then Cody

But one other thing, how did they know you rented it and did not own it?

And why did you put it in a shared Dir?

I assume you have basic computer skills, or you could always tell

your ISP that you don't and you made a mistake common among

any one that is not computer suave.

Though that might be a hard sell considering you have the knowledge

and tools to rip a DVD.

Oh and my Blockbuster has used copies of that (POS) for 4 dollars,

you might look around in the future and just buy it. Ripping DVD

puts considerable strain on your system,better to spend the 4 bucks.

I had just started using Bit and I didn't know or never really thought about it to tell the truth .When it ask what

folder to d/l in I just clicked MY_Movies folder. I ripped Jackass as a test for my new dvd burner and was going to play with burning back as a dvd. It was not the greatest movie I've seen, thats for sure. Never even finished watching it. Your point on the rented or legal has occured to me as I had legal copies of some

of my dvds in the same folder, so I guess they were lagal until I had them in a place where they could be uploaded. Made me a lot more careful with stuff on my computer, legal or otherwise.

Cody

Quick Reply, as for as I know I'm not being sued. Just had my hand spanked by Cableone. They have a policy, if they are notified by someone like this the first offense is 24 hour suspension, 2nd 10 days, 3rd no more Cable from them, ever.

Cody

guys.... no sh*t here... i was sharing the 43rd episode of fullhouse and the 22nd episode of the golden girls and i got in massive trouble....

bob saget and betty white came to my house, ripped off my scrotum, and placed my exposed testicles in a vat of boiling water and salt... aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

guys.... no sh*t here... i was sharing the 43rd episode of fullhouse and the 22nd episode of the golden girls and i got in massive trouble....

bob saget and betty white came to my house, ripped off my scrotum, and placed my exposed testicles in a vat of boiling water and salt... aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:blink: Wow. You're really screwed man. Not even system restore will save you from the wrath of Bob Saget. :o

I would be more afraid of Betty White.

she told me if i didn't stop trading golden girls episodes immediately that she would send a naked bea arthur to stomp my ass into the ground...

just wondering......they can only do that in the US right? If i've read enough...the RIAA has no jurisdiction or whatver you wanna call it (power) outside the US?

or have u heard of any case that happened outside the US?

hmm,

u know where i live n1. they have no jurisdiction

n2. games arrive like 2 months later then everywhere else and dvds arrive like a year later. :(

n3. with games take ur avarage american retailer price, add shipping (close to russia, not russia though), add what those greedy retailers take, add taxes and the game here costs like 1,5*originalprice.. its sux.. and dvds, well those cost like twice the amount of money that they originally cost

so in the end pirated stuff is much easier..

besides its a small countrie and we have 2 100gb pub's.. ones 100 meters from my house..

im NOT saying pirated stuff is good, but its so much easier..

if i do REALLY like the game, then i still buy it, when it finally arrives here..

:blink: Wow. You're really screwed man. Not even system restore will save you from the wrath of Bob Saget. :o

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahha!!! man that was funny :rofl:

A new twist in my being busted. A friend of mine pointed out that the email to Cableone says I was d/l ing Jackass on the 26th. The movie was in my folders on the 26th but I didn't start using Bit Torrent till the 28th, so how was I downloading on the 26th. Hmmm, makes me wonder if they had me or someone else on Cableone mixed up. Kinda makes me think I got shut off for someones elses download. But at least I got my Cable back. Either way Bit is gone.

Cody

just wondering......they can only do that in the US right? If i've read enough...the RIAA has no jurisdiction or whatver you wanna call it (power) outside the US?

or have u heard of any case that happened outside the US?

Each country will generally have a RIAA equivilent.

Canadians pay a levy on blank CDs, DVDs and tapes that somehow or other goes to the recording artists.

As such the Canadian RIAA equivilent (whatever it's called) has little teeth but they might send you a letter asking you to stop sharing copyrighted material. I believe they use the phrase "please" which is very Canadian of them.

Unfortunately, the US believes that its system is superior (and when don't they think this?) and is begining to require US-style copyright and trademark laws be included in future internation trade agreements.

This will eventually spell the end to international P2P (and cheaper generic drugs) and will profit the already well funded special interest groups that run the USA.

At the moment, however, it is generally a P2P free-for-all for everyone outside the US and maybe the UK too. I heard that the UK was closely following the US example much like Tony Blair follows George Dubya.