Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

+Frank B.

Done.

Crisp

Cheers, big ears! :woot: :laugh:

MiniMeSorinel

I wanna be a citizen too. My username is: die7walkuhree :)

ingramator

So this server isn't set up as online mode = false or what?

+Frank B.

I wanna be a citizen too. My username is: die7walkuhree :)

Done.

• Like 1
Lingwo

Can i be a citizen?

Name i think should be Lingwo

Not played MC multiplayer so i have no idea how it all works.

Also if someone wants to give me a brief overview of what to do? :laugh:

I understand the rules and what griefing is. I see lots of houses in creative with numbers on?

Are you allowed to build what you want, so long as it fits with the whole "town" vibe?

Geoffrey B.

Username: littleneutrino

any plans of adding the no hunger mod for survival?

+Frank B.

Username: littleneutrino

any plans of adding the no hunger mod for survival?

Done.

As for the mod - ask Timan. AFAIK the idea is to run survival as close to vanilla as possible.

The Laughing Man

Excellent work my name is Aq3e !

Haggis

Maybe a liitle tutorial on how to Login into this :)

McKay

Username - BenjyUK

Geoffrey B.

Done.

As for the mod - ask Timan. AFAIK the idea is to run survival as close to vanilla as possible.

ah, that still cool.. also i am already a Hero :D

b10h4z4rd

Aww I'm just a citizen, :(.

Laura

Also if someone wants to give me a brief overview of what to do? :laugh:

I understand the rules and what griefing is. I see lots of houses in creative with numbers on?

Are you allowed to build what you want, so long as it fits with the whole "town" vibe?

For our server you decide if you want to be Creative or Survival (you can switch between the two AFAIK)

I'm not sure how things are going down in Creative but in both you are free to explore. If you build far away you can build pretty much what you want. I won't say 'anything goes' because we'll not want to see downright offensive stuff on there.

As the rules mention, don't build on people's doorsteps (at least, not without discussing it).. or right at the spawn point. I might start a city in survival at some point because .. so .. much .. stone..!

Maybe a liitle tutorial on how to Login into this :)

Well, if you open Minecraft then go into Multiplayer it's pretty easy - just click 'add server' and enter the details given in the first post :)

If you are super new to Minecraft there are some tutorials out there on YouTube, you might want to start with those.

Chasethebase

If you could add Chasethebase to the whitelist it would be grand :)

+Frank B.

Username - BenjyUK

If you could add Chasethebase to the whitelist it would be grand :)

Done.

Timan

If you guys have any input/feedback on how things are setup. Do let us know.

Some plans in the future would be adding live maps, and upping the slots if needed. Also let us know how the performance is, this is a cloud solution based in Tampa, FL

Chasethebase

Added a Steve of Liberty, with a nod to the DynamicSquid veterans :)

thealexweb

Can you add me please, same as my username.

+Frank B.

Can you add me please, same as my username.

Done

thealexweb

Done

Thank you, not played online before this should be interesting :)

CPressland

Hey can I become a citizen? CPressland <-- Neowin Username + MC Username.

+Frank B.

Hey can I become a citizen? CPressland <-- Neowin Username + MC Username.

Done. Have fun.

CPressland

Done. Have fun.

Thanks man! Just indirectly discovered MC Ports are blocked at work, I'll be online when I get home :D

firey

Add me: firey

Not sure how the servers work, but I want to be in the Survival.

• Brandon H changed the title to Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)
  • Steven P. locked and unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By indospot
      Minecraft Earth is shutting down before it's even two years old
      by João Carrasqueira

This may come as a shock to some, but Minecraft Earth still exists ever since it launched in October of 2019. However, that's set to change soon, as Microsoft-owned Mojang Studios announced today.

Minecraft Earth is an augmented reality game for smartphones based on the popular block-based open-world title. It was first announced in May 2019, and shown off live at Apple's WWDC that year. A public beta opened later that year, but the title seemingly failed to gain significant traction. The game allowed players to see Minecraft characters and environments in the real world, making use of the typical crafting mechanics to build out their inventory and explore further.

As of today, all paid transactions have been removed from the game, and many mechanics of the game have been made easier or more accessible so players can experience them before the game shuts down. Here's the full list of changes:

The game will shut down on June 30, after which date the game will be unavailable to download. The day after, all player data except Character Creator and Minecoin entitlements will be deleted. Players with rubies left in the game will have them converted to Minecoins, which can be used to purchase paid items in console and PC versions of Minecraft. Additionally, anyone who has spent money on Minecraft Earth will be given a copy of Minecraft proper.

It seems like Microsoft's mobile titles haven't been terribly successful, as just a few months ago, Gears Pop! suffered a similar fate in a similarly short period of time. As a reminder, servers for that game will be online until April 26.

• By Hamza Jawad
      Minecraft Marketplace New Year's Sale now live
      by Hamza Jawad

Earlier this month, Minecraft with RTX left the beta stage, becoming available for Windows 10 players. A couple of weeks before Mojang and Nvidia's technical achievement, meanwhile, a Star Wars DLC themed after the fictional universe's original trilogy and The Mandalorian TV series was released in the Marketplace.

Now, with the holiday season having arrived, the Minecraft Marketplace New Year's Sale has gone live, bringing a flurry of discounts, and some freebies for good measure.

For starters, the "doorbusters" feature introduced at last year's 'Block' Friday sale is being brought back. These are essentially flash sales arriving in the form of two daily deals per day at 75% off for each item. The discounts this time around will be focused on creator content. Aside from this, up to 100 regular items will also be available at 33% off for the duration of the New Year's Sale. Notably, these regular items will refresh halfway through the sale, so make sure to keep that in mind if something catches your eye.

Finally, Tetrascape's New Year's 2021 skin pack is being offered to players for free. The item boasts traditional outfits from Brazil, South Africa, Phillipines, North America, and the United Kingdom. It can be claimed here.

Minecraft's New Year's Sale will be continuing from December 22 through January 4. The aforementioned midway refresh will take place on December 29, which marks the end of the sale's first week.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Nvidia 460.79 WHQL driver brings Cyberpunk 2077 and Minecraft with RTX support
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Cyberpunk 2077 is hours away from launch and Nvidia graphics card owners that will be jumping into the game now have a new Game Ready driver waiting for them with support for the title.

The new WHQL-certified 460.79 driver is a recommended install before playing CD Projekt RED's latest title, which features DLSS and ray tracing support exclusively on Nvidia RTX cards at launch. The latter feature will likely be extended to the new AMD ray tracing-capable GPUs at a later date.

Moreover, the driver delivers optimizations for the 'Minecraft with RTX' feature set that released out of beta just yesterday. The Bedrock Windows 10 version of the block-based sensation now offers path-traced ray tracing and DLSS for RTX-enabled Nvidia graphics cards. As the ray tracing build is now out of beta, players from other platforms can join in for cross-play also.

Over on the Nvidia Control Panel, users will now find two new options after installing this driver: Background Application Max Frame Rate control (Manage 3D Settings page) and Color Accuracy Mode (Display > Adjust Desktop Color Settings page). The G-Sync compatible monitor list has also increased by five displays, with Acer XV242Y, Acer XB273U NV, Gigabyte FI27Q-X, MSI MAG274R, and Philips 275M8RZ gaining support.

The fixed issues in this driver are as follows:

The known issues are these:

The new 460.79 WHQL-certified Game Ready driver is now available for download through the GeForce Experience app and the links below. The official release notes are here.

Desktop GPUs:
      Download: Windows 7, 8, 8.1 | Windows 10 – Standard / DCH

Notebook GPUs:
      Download: Windows 7, 8, 8.1 | Windows 10 - Standard / DCH

• By LoneWolfSL
      Minecraft with RTX leaves beta, available now for Windows 10 players
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

The Mojang and Nvidia collaboration from earlier this year that experimented with adding ray tracing to Minecraft has left its beta state. Minecraft players on the Bedrock Windows 10 version with RTX-enabled Nvidia graphics cards can now use path-traced ray tracing and DLSS without needing the special Insider build.

10 RTX-enabled maps built to showcase the game's ray tracing capabilities can now be found on the Minecraft Marketplace for free. Cross-play and Realms support have also arrived to these worlds, letting players from other platforms join in, though only with standard visuals.

To lessen the impact of ray-traced visuals on RTX-enabled graphics cards, Nvidia offers DLSS. The company says that with the AI-powered Super Sampling technique, Minecraft with RTX will run over twice as fast, offering at least 60FPS at 1080p resolution on any GeForce RTX GPU. The company's highest-end graphics cards like the RTX 3080 and 3090 will be able to play the game with ray tracing at around 100FPS at 4K resolution when using DLSS.

Details on how to convert Java Minecraft worlds to ray-traced Bedrock ones can be found here, which also includes a guide on how to unenroll from the beta and upgrade to the standard version of Minecraft.

• By Brandon H
      Neowin's Community Minecraft Server
      Server hosting is provided by BisectHosting

Discussion of connecting with pirated copied (including requests for offline mode for this reason) will result in you receiving a warning. The usual forum rules for piracy apply here.

Server Address:
      mc.neowin.net (204.44.126.159)
      Currently Running FTB Revelation - v3.4.0

Server Rules
      Be nice, polite, and respectful No Griefing, this is your only warning Do not build on others door steps without permissions, explore and find your own land Do not be annoying Do not build at spawn without permission of an admin Do not modify any other players builds without permission Have fun, if you don't have fun you will get slapped Label all builds in creative  

If you wish to join our server please post here with your Minecraft username; you must be an active member of the Neowin community.

Our server is powered by donations. Payments are made quarterly. Please help donate to the server to keep it running.