Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

Here's a sample of the 500mb map :p

That's awesome! It also makes it very evident that I picked the total wrong side of the map :( Left side of the map is utterly open...and no desert or ocean.  :cry:

Been playing around with a simple spawn area to replace the pole on the hill in my test world, what do you guys think?

kcfbc04.png

Go for it. I'll help terraforming if you want.

Please read over the original post. There are limited slots available. Hang around and talk to people on Neowin some before asking first. :)

Precisely - we're a bit wary of whitelisting one post wonders. No offence.

On topic: The map size has been increased further to 1700 x 1700 blocks.

Frank someone just griefed the woods that were between our places...

Edit: Never mind... had grass spawn too close to the pit

Edited by Matthew S.

Sorry to whomever was building in the trees in-between mine and Franks plots, I burned down the trees to space out the planting (and move my fence a bit) and realize as the last of the leafs were burning that there was a crafting table in the tree...

The Map is broken

The online map? Seems to be working for me. It hasn't been updated since it was first made over a week ago, so due for a refresh. I'll catch up with Lou and sort that out.

Is there any good way to find a slime chunk? I see them once in awhile in my mindshafts but cant for the life of me find a spawn area.

You need the world seed to find a slime chunk. I have made a slime farm in my base though. If you need some slime balls/blocks just let me know and I can drop them off somewhere for you.

I could use some slime balls :)  Just take a pick on one of the outer chests on the 3rd floor of my tower

What do you use slime for?

Maps seems to be working, i think its a work issue lol

What do you use slime for?

Maps seems to be working, i think its a work issue lol

Slime can be used for Sticky Pistons or for making the Slime block to stick blocks together or bounce on.

You need the world seed to find a slime chunk. I have made a slime farm in my base though. If you need some slime balls/blocks just let me know and I can drop them off somewhere for you.

Thanks. Google indicated as much, but I didn't know if there was a more kosher way of finding one. Is that something that would be easy for an admin to help me find (rather than provide the seed)? I found some online tools and even an app that tells you a location if you have the seed. I would love some slimeballs until I can find my own chunk though. I want to make some slime blocks and more sticky pistons.

I placed a chest next to my cow and sheep pens at 307,68,509. Alternatively I can find you next time we're both online. Thanks

Thanks. Google indicated as much, but I didn't know if there was a more kosher way of finding one. Is that something that would be easy for an admin to help me find (rather than provide the seed)? I found some online tools and even an app that tells you a location if you have the seed. I would love some slimeballs until I can find my own chunk though. I want to make some slime blocks and more sticky pistons.

Yes, the admins can use the world seed to find slime chunks using those tools and then tell you which one is closest to your base. Louisifer did that for me, which is how I found out where to build my slime farm.

Alternatively, if you're finding slimes in your caves, you know that there is a slime chunk around there, you could try hollowing out an area around where you find them to see if you get more. Would take a while, but it would probably work in the end.

I must admit that slimes seem to spawn a lot less frequently in 1.8. I haven't collected as many slime balls as I would have expected. However I'm not near my base all that much, so I think ideally we want to build a slime farm near spawn so it is running more frequently.

I could use some slime balls :)  Just take a pick on one of the outer chests on the 3rd floor of my tower

Delivered, I put them in the chest closest to the crafting bench.

I placed a chest next to my cow and sheep pens at 307,68,509. Alternatively I can find you next time we're both online. Thanks

I put some in the chest for you.

• Like 1

Would anyone like to give me a few cows and sheep? lol

You're welcome to take any of mine, just breed a few more to keep it stocked. There's wheat growing next to them.

I put some in the chest for you.

Thank you!