Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

After talking to players on the server and finding out that half of them use the plug-in the following decision is taken:

No further action. Carry on.

• Like 3

How do I get whitelisted on the server? Would really like to join the server.

Post your Minecraft login here and I can add you.

...and borked again.

Can't seem to connect at all :/

ZRnk7TK.png

I've also pulled some leather out. :)

I like how you've probably cropped the bitch'in out, or do you play in 4:3 :laugh:

If xray is seriously being allowed then I will find another server to play on.

No wonder people are so progressed already if they are cheating. X ray defeats the point of minecraft, whats the point in playing when you can xray to find diamond whenever you like?

I will say that I don't see Xray in his screenshots but they could have been edited since. The top of the pics is cropped off now, Im guessing thats where it said xray

I would just ask that people using creative type mods be respectful. There's a lot of spider tunnels under and near my area where certain resources have clearly been dug out. Also, the flying is getting a little obnoxious (but whatever). I never minded people with creative on previous worlds, because the maps were so big, but now I'm confined and closed in.

I think that's really the only reason any of this bothers me more this time. There's forced competition. Hopefully it will be lessened when I can expand more towards the edge of the map.

Ok I have been on the server and found out that the xray mod also allows flying. :(

Everyone else on the server seemed happy about it and didn't seem to care. I respect their opinion.

For me, it ruins the game. If you want to play creative just play creative, I dont understand flying and xray in "survival". Mobs are no concern with flight, lava is no problem, fall damage, travelling, travel over water...etc etc. Mining is trivial with xray you just mine straight to the ores you want and ignore the rest. It took me an hour of mining to get 9 diamonds the other night. I just can't enjoy playing when I know others are doing that in minutes.

I will find another server or play SP for now and perhaps come back some day when cheats are banned.  :)

(I am not being hostile about this so please don't take it that way. I just don't agree with the direction the server is moving in)

Ok I have been on the server and found out that the xray mod also allows flying. :(

Everyone else on the server seemed happy about it and didn't seem to care. I respect their opinion.

For me, it ruins the game. If you want to play creative just play creative, I dont understand flying and xray in "survival". Mobs are no concern with flight, lava is no problem, fall damage, travelling, travel over water...etc etc. Mining is trivial with xray you just mine straight to the ores you want and ignore the rest. It took me an hour of mining to get 9 diamonds the other night. I just can't enjoy playing when I know others are doing that in minutes.

I will find another server or play SP for now and perhaps come back some day when cheats are banned.  :)

(I am not being hostile about this so please don't take it that way. I just don't agree with the direction the server is moving in)

I agree with Guth. I don't plan to quit, I'm hoping as the map gets bigger it will get less obnoxious, but its a bit much. There's no point in survival if you're going to fly. I can understand the ore (if you're being respectful of other peoples work areas), but the flying just defeats the purpose. Anyways, to each their own :)

Xray mod/texture pack/world downloader are all undetectable by every server, there's a guarantee that any public server you go on that there will be at least one user using any of these options.

As long as ores are left for others it harms no one, we have a gold farm in the nether, an iron farm in the desert, as soon as someone cba we'll probably have an emerald farm using villagers that can be used to get diamond tools/armour, a redstone/Glowstone farm using witches.... all these require less effort than mining :p who cares if a neighbour has a bigger collection of x ore. you make your own adventure in Minecraft. :)

When the world expands enough we'll all probably make some new homes in our own areas where we can do what we want without annoying others :P

Xray mod/texture pack/world downloader are all undetectable by every server, there's a guarantee that any public server you go on that there will be at least one user using any of these options.

As long as ores are left for others it harms no one, we have a gold farm in the nether, an iron farm in the desert, as soon as someone cba we'll probably have an emerald farm using villagers that can be used to get diamond tools/armour, a redstone/Glowstone farm using witches.... all these require less effort than mining :p who cares if a neighbour has a bigger collection of x ore. you make your own adventure in Minecraft. :)

When the world expands enough we'll all probably make some new homes in our own areas where we can do what we want without annoying others :p

Yeah I know, the thing is that most servers ban the mods anyway and try their best to enforce that. Its REALLY obvious when someone is xray hacking because of their mining patterns - mining in straight lines toward the ores.

Anyways, as you said, when the map is bigger we can all have our own area to mine and the hackng wont affect that much. Its more the flying, I was kinda put off when I saw the xray was allowed but now that the flying is too it just feels too pointless to me. As I said, you might as well just play creative if your going to fly. This is the first server i've ever heard of allowing flight on survival mode.

No hard feelings, its just not for me  :) I've started a singleplayer modded world anyways. I love mods xD (NOT xray ones   :laugh: )