Former LAPD officer goes over the edge

Well, they asked all media outlets to cut the live feed. Then a few minutes later, we hear reports of the cabin burning down.

Suspicious no ?

Not necessarily. If the police were about to implement a plan and believed that there was a possibility of the suspect or police officers being shot dead at the scene - which given the earlier events is perfectly reasonable - then advising the media to cut the live feed would be understandable. The media would still have been recording the entire event, so it's not like information is being suppressed. The police shouldn't have the power to tell the media how to report a story but they should be able to make recommendations. It's certainly worthy of investigation but I don't think there's anything inherently suspicious, as otherwise you'd be talking about a conspiracy between the police and the media which is a bit too far-fetched based on what we know.

Not necessarily. If the police were about to implement a plan and believed that there was a possibility of the suspect or police officers being shot dead at the scene - which given the earlier events is perfectly reasonable - then advising the media to cut the live feed would be understandable. The media would still have been recording the entire event, so it's not like information is being suppressed. The police shouldn't have the power to tell the media how to report a story but they should be able to make recommendations. It's certainly worthy of investigation but I don't think there's anything inherently suspicious, as otherwise you'd be talking about a conspiracy between the police and the media which is a bit too far-fetched based on what we know.

I agree. Although we do have policeman beeing recorded saying burn it down.

Maybe they had the order to shoot on sight, but they went to far on their own by literally taking that order to a whole new level.

They sent a lot of cops on site, it would be very hard to control their actions, specially after he killed at least one of their own.

I agree. Although we do have policeman beeing recorded saying burn it down.

Maybe they had the order to shoot on sight, but they went to far on their own by literally taking that order to a whole new level.

They sent a lot of cops on site, it would be very hard to control their actions, specially after he killed at least one of their own.

Given the media presence and monitoring of police radio frequencies I suspect a much more complete picture will emerge. Just because police officers talked about setting the cabin on fire in the heat of the moment (no pun intended) doesn't mean that they carried out such actions, as I imagine there was a degree of panic and anger at the scene after the shooting of two officers.

We hear someone giving orders to go with 'what they have planned,' to go with 'the burn.'. From what they were saying, we have a picture of them having surrounded the perimeter and at least one officerclose enough to see inside. That they had started fires in several spots.

The fire could have been set by him, started by a tear gas canister or by a flash-bang (stun) grenade.

There are a load of recording that show the cops saying they set the fire purposely

We hear someone giving orders to go with 'what they have planned,' to go with 'the burn.'. From what they were saying, we have a picture of them having surrounded the perimeter and at least one officerclose enough to see inside. That they had started fires in several spots.

But we don't know what rank the police officers were, whether they were acting outside of official protocol (which they surely would have been) or whether they actually followed through with it. If the police started the fire - which there seems to be some evidence to support - then everyone involved should be brought up on criminal charges. There should be an investigation to see how far up the orders went but I'd be surprised if any senior officer would sanction setting a building on fire with a suspect inside. The fact that it was even mentioned is certainly concerning.

Police are meant to be highly trained professionals and have radio's so would be in constant contact with their command. If some of them are going to react emotionally to a colleague being killed instead of reacting as the law proscribes, they should not be police in the first place and need to be removed from service.

• Like 2

Police are meant to be highly trained professionals and have radio's so would be in constant contact with their command. If some of them are going to react emotionally to a colleague being killed instead of reacting as the law proscribes, they should not be police in the first place and need to be removed from service.

I think that was his point, they are all like that and that was the point he was trying to prove, they don't do things by the book, they take the law into their own hands, ie. kicking that guy in the head which he was fired for reporting

I know that. But we all know that there is a lot of trigger happy cops in the US.

Ask the 2 asian ladies that got shot for no reasons.

I know that. But we all know that there is a lot of trigger happy cops in the US.

Ask the 2 asian ladies that got shot for no reasons.

Don't you have an independent organisation to investigate stuff like that? We do. Any shizzle like this and the cops involved are suspended pending investigation, and would face charges if found guilty.

Well, I don't really see what is to question here. He killed a cop (multiple cops, and worse, cop families), so they killed him. Without a doubt it sounds like they set the fire and surrounded the house to make sure he didn't get out so he'd be burnt alive (or cause him to shoot himself to avoid burning alive which was more likely). Was anyone watching the coverage, I believe I was on CNN at the moment, where a writer had told about an article he'd recently written about another cop killer that hid in a wood shed that they burned to the ground, killing him inside. Sounds like they have a pretty well planned way of disposing of people they want dead. And the bad thing is that the cops told the media to stop filming, and they did. This is exactly the kind of situation that should be well documented by the media so that they can't get away with whatever they want. They could have stopped broadcasting live, but recording should have continued without question. I also thinking waiting until night fall helped them avoid any last cameras that may be lurking.

There's no question in my mind that this was 100% planned out and executed exactly as it was planned. While I don't condone any of what Dorner did. To be honest, that man just snapped. He went crazy. I don't know the story, so I don't know why, but nothing he did was considered acceptable or heroic or anything, however that absolutely DOES NOT give the police permissions to administer justice as they see fit, which I have no doubt they did in this situation.

Now, who is going to investigate this? I'm sure they'll tell the public it's being investigated, but don't expect to see anything come of it. This is the country we live in today. If the government or police want you dead, you're dead. You no longer have a right to a trial unless the authorities choose to give you one. I wish I could think I sounded like a crazy conspiracy theorist, but sadly, this stuff seems so obvious now that it almost seems like you'd have to be blind to think otherwise. Laws are repeatedly being made that destroy our civil rights. I just think the authorities in this country have gotten to a point where you just can't stop them anymore. It makes the second amendment all the more important, but at the same time, even more so wishful thinking. The government would annihilate every last one of us before it let us overthrow them. Regardless, THIS is your argument for the second amendment.

Don't you have an independent organisation to investigate stuff like that? We do. Any shizzle like this and the cops involved are suspended pending investigation, and would face charges if found guilty.

No idea, I'm Canadian.

But we do in Canada

The police did not set the fire, Dorner did right before he shot himself.

They did (Burner deployed > we have flames)

Everyone was under the impression he had done it yesterday until people started tweeting these scanner recordings

The police did not set the fire, Dorner did right before he shot himself.

Right ? Who told you that, the mainstream media ?

They have people who ''control the narrative'' for them .. get a clue

Right ? Who told you that, the mainstream media ?

They have people who ''control the narrative'' for them .. get a clue

I made a mistake and there is no need to tell me to get a clue. I guess civilized posting is a thing of the past. I am a former Police Officer and I thought that they (CA Police) would have found a better way. But this is California.

I made a mistake and there is no need to tell me to get a clue. I guess civilized posting is a thing of the past.

You didn't even make a mistake, the news was feeding everyone BS last night, everyone thought his body had been IDd and pulled while the cabin was still on fire

I made a mistake and there is no need to tell me to get a clue. I guess civilized posting is a thing of the past. I am a former Police Officer and I thought that they (CA Police) would have found a better way. But this is California.

I apologize. My first language is not English and I didn't know it was rude to say it like that.

There are a load of recording that show the cops saying they set the fire purposely

Wasn't that audio from around 2 hours prior to the cabin going up in flames...during the first firefight when the two officers were injured (and one later died)?

Wasn't that audio from around 2 hours prior to the cabin going up in flames...during the first firefight when the two officers were injured (and one later died)?

I don't know but you can clearly here one of them say."lets burn it", It seemed to be on fire for quite some time.

Not sure exactly, but the fire was well after the gun battle and the recording of the police scanner shows them setting the fire and describing it up until 3 of the 4 walls were engulfed in flames

Maybe the recordings of them shouting 'burn the ********' and 'get the gas' might have been closer to the gun battle, they sounded a lot less calm in those recordings

The fire was not intentionally set.

http://www.foxnews.c...ugitive-ex-cop/

Speculations had been mounting over whether police had purposely started a fire to smoke out the suspect, but San Bernardino Sheriff John McMahon told reporters Wednesday his deputies did not intentionally burn down the mountain.

McMahon said deputies shot pyrotechnic tear gas into the cabin and it erupted in flames. He says the tactic was intended to drive Dorner out, but it was not their intention to set the cabin on fire. McMahon did not say directly that the tear gas started the blaze and the cause of the fire remained unclear.