Honestly, I think they have ironed out a majority of the PC issues. I am extremely happy with the quality there. There are some minor annoyances.

FPS drop on SOME building collapses

0 health bug

Shooting around corners, though probably not terrible

I really think the PC version is coming out clean. Maybe a little weapon balancing and it would be better.

games been ok lately some random freezes and stuff but not too much what bothers me more are these guys/gals who play on a "noob" server with 100+ rank either chopper raping or jet raping the entire team, so annoying.

games been ok lately some random freezes and stuff but not too much what bothers me more are these guys/gals who play on a "noob" server with 100+ rank either chopper raping or jet raping the entire team, so annoying.

I assumed that's what 'noob' servers were for heh.  (Not that I'd do it.)

I haven't touched the Xbox One version of the game in about a month because every person I've talked to said it's in the exact same state in terms of playability. While it's not the PS4 version, what I'm trying to say is I don't think it's your router or anything on your end.

I think Battlefield 4 is now great on the X1, i haven't had any crashes or lag or rubberbanding like the above few posts, it still needs improvement but all in all i am loving the game.

I can't offer any PS4-specific advice, but I know from the X1 version the lag is definitely still there. The latest patches have improved it a lot but you'll still see rubber banding now and then. Considering how wide spread the issues have been, I wouldn't worry about your set up, it's almost certainly the game/servers.

Rubber banding seems to be a weird issue. I get it so much on the PC version, seldom on the Xbox One version. My friend I play with on PC claims to never experience rubber banding. 

Thanks all for the replies. (Y)

Wish I saw them earlier, as today I checked the game out after setting up a static IP and forwarding the necessary ports for the PS4 according to portforward.com, which was not a big deal, only took me 10 minutes max to do. So even though I did take the time to do that, I (still) experienced...

• Major rubber banding at times.

That is definitely the better term for it rather than lag. I would be driving a vehicle (which anyone who knows me, this is what I prefer to do in Battlefield, I am a tank ######) and would drive 10 (virtual) feet then jump back 20, rinse and repeat. It would last the whole damn round. Just so incredibly annoying...

• I also had the game kick me completely out of the server twice...
  • The game did freeze my PS4 once, and finally...
  • I played 4 rounds that were perfect.  :wacko:

Literally zero issues on those 4 rounds I played, which almost makes things worse tbh. If the game did not have moments when it works, it would not even be a question. I would be returning it.

However when the game has no issues, there is no better MP experience imho. I ****ing love Battlefield when there are no issues. I have a feeling a whole lot of people feel the same as well. There is no other reason to explain that even with all of the issues, there are an insane amount of full servers when using the server browser.

I do own the PC version as well, and ironically when I played it, I thought it ran perfectly, and this was the first week of launch.

It really is a shame they have not gotten their act together in what is a few months after launch. Even with the successful rounds I had today and truly enjoying the hell out of it when it ran smoothly, I am pretty sure I am just going to play the PC version from this moment on. Therefore I am incredibly close to clicking the submit button on this...

post-34384-0-22353800-1390783865.jpg

I figure getting $22 is better than keeping the game and it potentially never working properly in a consistent manner.

I should add that even though I did forward ports, about half way through playing today I just went back to the PS4 auto detecting everything, and it was the same exact results. Some rubber banding, some games running flawlessly, and a crash.

So it was the same exact results whether I forwarded my ports or just let the PS4 auto detect everything, just as you guys said it would be, so hopefully this saves someone else some time in the future. It is definitely not on your end, it is on EA's end.

I really am torn as to if I should submit it for trade in or not. $22 is pretty much a rip off, and if there is the off chance they do get it working within a month or two, I would like to play it.

What would everyone else do? Would you trade it in now for the $22 thinking they pretty much will never get these issues sorted out and just go ahead and stick to the PC version, or would you hold on to it thinking perhaps they will finally get it working?

The only (HUGE) thing I would say is to keep in mind is my gaming time is extremely, extremely limited these days. So when I do get a chance to play whatever I am playing, I really prefer not to waste my time. I feel like even though I did have fun today in the rounds that did run flawlessly, I cannot help but think I could have played any number of other games and not have any issues doing so.

The issue, especially on the PC, is the almost deranged decision to use a tickrate of 10 for the servers. 10. 10 updates...as in one update every 100ms. Add in all the other glitches, bugs and other actual laggy players and you can see it's a complete **** show. DICE in their wisdom have gone for bells and whistles at the expense of actually having any hope in hell of accurately tracking how said bells and whistles affect the game. It's all very well having epic destruction, realistic bullet drop, weather effects, real time ribbons/medals, insto-updating battlelog for every bullet you fire and all that stuff but when it comes at the expense of any sort of proper hit detection then, as a first person shooter, it's fatally compromised. Many videos on youtube have shown that you're pretty much lucky if anything you see on screen is within 200ms of what the server will actually determine/interpret is happening. When you run round a corner to be presented with another player (or a vehicle) and everything is pushing 1/5 of a second off how can any sort of skill be used? You end up having to out estimate the game and become some sort of oracle to work out what "might happen" rather than what is.

Sure it's the same in every FPS. None are "real time" but most good ones are well beyond a tickrate of 10. In like 1999 you were poverty zone if you had to buy a CS server with a 33 tickrate. If you had a clue you got a 66 or 100 tick.

• Like 2

I don't think $22 is worth it for a nearly new game. I'm holding onto my copy in hopes that DICE gets it fixed to a playable state in a few months... plus I bought Premium, which was easily a bigger mistake in retrospect.

I don't think $22 is worth it for a nearly new game. I'm holding onto my copy in hopes that DICE gets it fixed to a playable state in a few months... plus I bought Premium, which was easily a bigger mistake in retrospect.

I keep thinking about getting that, but it goes against my policy of not paying for things that don't exist.

I didn't buy premium this time round. I didn't pre-order so I didn't even get China Rising...not that I've missed it. None of the maps or new stuff appealed.

Same for most of the other stuff in premium. I might pick up Second Assault if it ever materializes because I quite like what they've done on Metro and Caspian Border. However if the game continues to run like crap I might not bother.

Ive bin playing today and getting really frustrated at stuff, just come off BF well it crashed cus my TV turned off and cus its attatched to the HDMI of my gfx card if the TV turns off screen goes blank and comes back which this time was reason for it to crash BF.

Anyway getting alot of enemies on 0hp when i die (not really sure what that means), sometimes go round a corner and getting nailed like before i barely even get a few shots off. Could just be the server not sure it was based in germany though i and im in UK might have someat do with it but i HONESTLY dont think they can't fix the game. whenever they try fix someat something new pops up with screws something up.

I think if there not moving onto new projects till they fix BF4 we'll never see BF5!!!

I think another 6 months of patches then they should cut there losses and start working on BF5 that actually works and im really hoping EA just let DICE get on with the job and stop forcing release dates before its ready. If they think BFielders will get CoD over BF just cus CoD gets the same game every year with a different setting there insane to think that. I wouldnt touch CoD with someone else stick and kinda shows either they have no clue about what FPS gamers want or are just so blind sided by $$$ signs they just dont care

Ive bin playing today and getting really frustrated at stuff, just come off BF well it crashed cus my TV turned off and cus its attatched to the HDMI of my gfx card if the TV turns off screen goes blank and comes back which this time was reason for it to crash BF.

Anyway getting alot of enemies on 0hp when i die (not really sure what that means), sometimes go round a corner and getting nailed like before i barely even get a few shots off. Could just be the server not sure it was based in germany though i and im in UK might have someat do with it but i HONESTLY dont think they can't fix the game. whenever they try fix someat something new pops up with screws something up.

I think if there not moving onto new projects till they fix BF4 we'll never see BF5!!!

I think another 6 months of patches then they should cut there losses and start working on BF5 that actually works and im really hoping EA just let DICE get on with the job and stop forcing release dates before its ready. If they think BFielders will get CoD over BF just cus CoD gets the same game every year with a different setting there insane to think that. I wouldnt touch CoD with someone else stick and kinda shows either they have no clue about what FPS gamers want or are just so blind sided by $$$ signs they just dont care

Just because they support the current product doesn't mean production on the next can't start. They are separate teams. We'll most likely hear about BF5 or BFBC3 at the end of this year/start of 2015. Meanwhile DLC and patches will be spread throughout this year on a regular basis, (at least until the 1yr anniversary for DLC specifically).

Just because they support the current product doesn't mean production on the next can't start. They are separate teams. We'll most likely hear about BF5 or BFBC3 at the end of this year/start of 2015. Meanwhile DLC and patches will be spread throughout this year on a regular basis, (at least until the 1yr anniversary for DLC specifically).

yeah i guess so. but how much resources are they dedicating to it cus my mate whose got a ps4 says his save games are still deleting, on flood zone when dam breaks and it fills up he says he gets massive slow down till its over (prolly optimisation issue) theres 5 platforms to fix, x360, x1, ps3, ps4 and PC thats alot

yeah i guess so. but how much resources are they dedicating to it cus my mate whose got a ps4 says his save games are still deleting, on flood zone when dam breaks and it fills up he says he gets massive slow down till its over (prolly optimisation issue) theres 5 platforms to fix, x360, x1, ps3, ps4 and PC thats alot

Curse of EA sadly. They've been pushed not only to release on the new consoles, but also to beat CoD Ghosts to market. It's a shambles and was plain for everyone to see.

DICE aren't a small studio though. They're working on Battlefront and Mirror's Edge at the same time. Unfortunately the battle between BF and CoD is why it suffers.. Ironically, if it was actually given the time to fully develop it'd wipe the floor with CoD. It already does IMO, but the bugs are a huge issue.

I tend to play TDM so maybe that is the reason i never see lag/rubber banding?

Maybe. I only play Large Conquest so there is always a lot going on. TDM is limited to smaller numbers/map size right?

Curse of EA sadly. They've been pushed not only to release on the new consoles, but also to beat CoD Ghosts to market. It's a shambles and was plain for everyone to see.

DICE aren't a small studio though. They're working on Battlefront and Mirror's Edge at the same time. Unfortunately the battle between BF and CoD is why it suffers.. Ironically, if it was actually given the time to fully develop it'd wipe the floor with CoD. It already does IMO, but the bugs are a huge issue.

I played CoD Ghosts the storyline was ok but plainly bin ripped off from GI Joe 2 with the "rods from god", Zeus in film Odin in CoD... Zeus top god in greek mythology, Odin top god in Norse mythology... give me a break. the engine i could tell was old straight away theyve done absolutely nothing really to it. The changes are minor it needs a proper overhaul for a next gen console to take advantage of the extra power (more cores more ram etc) not just slap some pretty textures on, add a dog and the ability to jump over stuff oh and a few damaging objects around.

Even though BF4's single player was ok and nothing to shout about really (i enjoyed BF3's single player alot more tbh) the main reason you buy BF is for the multiplayer and even with all the bugs is vastly superior to CoD's in every way, just EA with there we got beat CoD to market. Last i checked they didnt release a new BF every year so beating CoD has got nothing to do with keeping the player base, they like BF so theyll wait for a finished game

Tbh BF is still worth it in multiplayer in value even with its bugs atm sometimes they drive you to screaming at the screen but you can tell its a good game just needs more polishing... although i dont even think jesus could polish it up to get a good enough shine!!! but near enough.  Tip if you play operation locker, go on a no explosives server then you havnt got put up with LVG and nade spamming more about skill with guns and that :d

I played CoD Ghosts the storyline was ok but plainly bin ripped off from GI Joe 2 with the "rods from god", Zeus in film Odin in CoD... Zeus top god in greek mythology, Odin top god in Norse mythology... give me a break. the engine i could tell was old straight away theyve done absolutely nothing really to it. The changes are minor it needs a proper overhaul for a next gen console to take advantage of the extra power (more cores more ram etc) not just slap some pretty textures on, add a dog and the ability to jump over stuff oh and a few damaging objects around.

Even though BF4's single player was ok and nothing to shout about really (i enjoyed BF3's single player alot more tbh) the main reason you buy BF is for the multiplayer and even with all the bugs is vastly superior to CoD's in every way, just EA with there we got beat CoD to market. Last i checked they didnt release a new BF every year so beating CoD has got nothing to do with keeping the player base, they like BF so theyll wait for a finished game

CoD is in the same predicament as BF with yearly releases. They suffer from an outdated engine because of their ongoing fight with BF. They'd have to skip a year to make something happen (that's still not enough for vast improvements though). Ideally if Activision actually cared, they'd let 1 studio work on an engine (Treyarch hopefully) while the other supports the latest release.

As for BF releases, there has been at least one new entry every year since 2008 until BF3. Before that expansions filled the "gap years". They also released Play4Free and Heroes inbetween. Presumably the gap year in 2012 was for Frostbite 3 development on PS4/X1.

CoD is in the same predicament as BF with yearly releases. They suffer from an outdated engine because of their ongoing fight with BF. They'd have to skip a year to make something happen (that's still not enough for vast improvements though). Ideally if Activision actually cared, they'd let 1 studio work on an engine (Treyarch hopefully) while the other supports the latest release.

As for BF releases, there has been at least one new entry every year since 2008 until BF3. Before that expansions filled the "gap years". They also released Play4Free and Heroes inbetween. Presumably the gap year in 2012 was for Frostbite 3 development on PS4/X1.

It shouldnt be the norm theyve known about new console hardware for ages, sure the exact specification werent known about all the time but theyd have a clue, 4+ cpu cores 4+GB ram and a DX 11 GPU. They should of bin proactive like DICE and create an engine that can scale upto 8core CPU's and be as pretty as the hardware in PC's could be and can be scaled down efficiently for whatever GPU's MS/sony incorporate into the console. There lazy as hell and im never buying a CoD game again. You dont HAVE to create a game every year to compete with anyone. If you only released a new version every 2 years but was truely epic i think most people would wait 2 years for thast special game not buying the same crap every year... then again everyone does so while people are opening there wallets and paying for this trash theyll keep churning out crap cus why bother creating something special when all people care about is the next number after the last.

This is where the industry is going wrong sometimes well at least with established games. Star Citizen $37.5million of crowd funded development no constraints by Publishers funding it, creating a truely epic game that the people investing want to play and most importantly the developer Chris Roberts and development team would want to play themselves. Of course this method cant be universally applied cus its a gem that you cant hope to reproduce.  But it goes to show that with the right game and concept people are willing to back and most importantly WAIT for it to be released, im liking the game that much i dont care when its out as long as its polished and is upto the standards that the dev team want and not pushed out early thats fine by me

Yeah I have decided to keep it in hopes they fix it. $22 is just a rip off, even though I was going to have my wife trade it in on her Amazon account so I also got the extra $20 of PSN credit. Still, part of me does hope they fix it. I am actually at work thinking about when I get home I might try and hop on a few matches to see how things go. And I actually have never played worse than I did this weekend, some matches I hardly got a kill, yet still had fun. I have not played pretty much any FPS in months, I got really burned out on them, but playing BF4 over the weekend got me excited about them again, even with all the issues. So I guess that says something. Damn good game when it is working.

It does make sense that the smaller modes are not seeing the rubber banding, however I am a purist in that regards. To me BF is Conquest, and Conquest is BF. I would hide the other modes permanently if I could.  :laugh:

It shouldnt be the norm theyve known about new console hardware for ages, sure the exact specification werent known about all the time but theyd have a clue, 4+ cpu cores 4+GB ram and a DX 11 GPU. They should of bin proactive like DICE and create an engine that can scale upto 8core CPU's and be as pretty as the hardware in PC's could be and can be scaled down efficiently for whatever GPU's MS/sony incorporate into the console. There lazy as hell and im never buying a CoD game again. You dont HAVE to create a game every year to compete with anyone. If you only released a new version every 2 years but was truely epic i think most people would wait 2 years for thast special game not buying the same crap every year... then again everyone does so while people are opening there wallets and paying for this trash theyll keep churning out crap cus why bother creating something special when all people care about is the next number after the last.

Thankfully that is what the rest of the world understands, but Activision and Bobby Kotick don't :p Just look at their back catalogue and you can see history repeating itself. Sadly gamers keep letting them get away with it when it comes to CoD, but numbers are falling and soon enough we'll see it die. Activision no doubt have their eyes on Destiny for exploiting next, unless Bungie were smart enough to protect themselves in their contract which I'm betting on.

If you ask me, BF and CoD either go back to 2 year minimum development cycles or you drop the SP components. As you said earlier, people buy them for the MP and the SP is pretty much included to justify the price tag. I have never played a BF SP to completion before and never intend to, and I've been playing the series from the start. The last CoD SP I played was 4 and even that was dire IMO. CoD2 SP was the last one I cared about.

This is where the industry is going wrong sometimes well at least with established games. Star Citizen $37.5million of crowd funded development no constraints by Publishers funding it, creating a truely epic game that the people investing want to play and most importantly the developer Chris Roberts and development team would want to play themselves. Of course this method cant be universally applied cus its a gem that you cant hope to reproduce.  But it goes to show that with the right game and concept people are willing to back and most importantly WAIT for it to be released, im liking the game that much i dont care when its out as long as its polished and is upto the standards that the dev team want and not pushed out early thats fine by me

As for crowd funded games; I'm not a fan. It can certainly work for some as we've seen, but I'm not letting people like Tim Schafer run amock with my money only to deliver half a product, delayed and without security the game will actually be completed without asking for more. I don't see AAA games ever heading in that direction though, not when publishers buy them up so quickly to secure their company's purpose/value.

Yeah I have decided to keep it in hopes they fix it. $22 is just a rip off, even though I was going to have my wife trade it in on her Amazon account so I also got the extra $20 of PSN credit. Still, part of me does hope they fix it. I am actually at work thinking about when I get home I might try and hop on a few matches to see how things go. And I actually have never played worse than I did this weekend, some matches I hardly got a kill, yet still had fun. I have not played pretty much any FPS in months, I got really burned out on them, but playing BF4 over the weekend got me excited about them again, even with all the issues. So I guess that says something. Damn good game when it is working.

It does make sense that the smaller modes are not seeing the rubber banding, however I am a purist in that regards. To me BF is Conquest, and Conquest is BF. I would hide the other modes permanently if I could.  :laugh:

Glad you kept it on PS4 as I think what you said about working on PC all day at work and then coming home to play it there would have pushed you away from it eventually. It also seems to be getting priority patches as far as consoles go.

And as for BF = Conquest. Couldn't agree more :p We're definitely on the same wave length when it comes to BF. Although, I will say Rush was a great addition to the consoles and I always had a blast on it back in the day.

As for crowd funded games; I'm not a fan. It can certainly work for some as we've seen, but I'm not letting people like Tim Schafer run amock with my money only to deliver half a product, delayed and without security the game will actually be completed without asking for more. I don't see AAA games ever heading in that direction though, not when publishers buy them up so quickly to secure their company's purpose/value.

Not talking about crowd funding as the best way cus it isnt like i said Star Citizen is a gem Chris Roberts was the developer behind the Wing Commander and Freelancer series and they were epic i remember trying to play freelancer on my coputer and was pointless cus he s always reaching tfor the best and the same is the same for SC.  there will be more forgiving gfx options but im aiming for sli.xfire and a 4K screen for SC cus its 4K native at highest and all models scale perfect cus theres no "details baked into the textures". This game will be awesome and hes said hes turned down offers from publishers to invest in the game cus he doesnt need it. bet EA was the first to get shotdown cus every proper gamer hates EA they suck.  Generally AAA games will always have something like EA  investing and pushing for releases which is why there broke, look at sim city which is designed to run on a abacus from greece rather than sayiong heyscrew that we need decent space reagrdless of system specs check out this pardy of simcity and youll understand 

[NSFW]

watch that you will **** yourself laughing

Just a quick request, add NSFW tags to videos like that (Y). I've added one for you above.

And at the end of the day, the best advice anyone can give about these games and when they're rushed etc etc: speak with your wallet. Just no other way to realistically get through to them and send a message.

Managed to break Physics again in BF4.

Didn't record all of it but I was parked at the bottom of the Ocean for a good few minutes, while me and 2 other engineers fired rockets up at the bottom of boats, really confused the enemy team who would park right above us looking where that enemy boat icon on the map was.