Recently started playing the game again. Haven't had any more issues. I can finally play on Siege of Shanghai without any crashes. I usually play on 64 player conquest maps; I haven't had any rubber banding on servers since the second or third week of the game's release. 

To me, the game is very playable, and very fun, even more so than before since it's no longer crashing.

Has anyone else lost 'most' of the ingame sound on Battlefield 4 multiplayer on the X1 since todays update? I can't seem to fix it!!!

I am making some progress, if i go into a game of TDM via the server browser most of the sound is missing, although when i tried this on a Conquest map it all worked.

If i go in through the Quick Match option all the sound always works!

Come on Dice stop breaking the game with every update!!!

Edit

It seems Quick Match doesn't always have sound!

Bought this yesterday and all I've gotten since is:

"Sorry, found no servers. Change your filter and try again."

Bought this yesterday and all I've gotten since is:

"Sorry, found no servers. Change your filter and try again."

Yup, EA servers seem to be having issues right now.

Anyone else have any issues after the XB1 patch the other day? Seems to have levelled itself out but the game crashed about 4 times on me.

**Shameless Plug Time**

I know there are a million of these but a friend and I put together a few clips from the XB1 recordings and have finally uploaded it to Youtube, like I say nothing amazing and there are some amazing ones out there but for a first video we were quite happy. Not expecting much but if we get a few views from people other than myself then we are thinking of doing a few more.

Just downloaded and installed the Catalyst 14.1 update remotely. Can't wait to get home and give it a go.

It's made quite the difference with me, but I do have quite an old and outdated i5-2400, along with a 7950. A lot of people are seeing nice improvements though.

It's made quite the difference with me, but I do have quite an old and outdated i5-2400, along with a 7950. A lot of people are seeing nice improvements though.

Yeah I just got a R9 270. Haven't even really used it much yet. Coming from a 7850 and have an i7 4770, I'm not expecting much difference, but with the new hardware + mantle, well, like I said, I can't wait  :)

Yeah I just got a R9 270. Haven't even really used it much yet. Coming from a 7850 and have an i7 4770, I'm not expecting much difference, but with the new hardware + mantle, well, like I said, I can't wait  :)

Yeah, that's a nice upgrade! I think the only card so far that has been optimised properly is the R9 290, so when the rest of the cards are optimised then it should get even better. Even though you have an i7, from looking around, you should get at least a couple of FPS's boost, which is always nice!

I played the game on Xbox One a few days ago and didn't experience any errors, so I thought I'd give it another shot today. Big mistake.

It won't even get to the intro screen. I get the cityscape background, then it kicks me out to the dashboard every single time. I've tried quitting the game through the menu, reinserting the disc, etc. This whole debacle is just insane at this point.  :/

Just went back and played a round of BF3 on PC, haven't touched it since October.... what a world of difference.. Sniping you can actually see where the bullet it going, balances are much better, doesn't feel like you are floating/sliding all over when running, just totally different, much better feeling game.

Interesting interview over at RPS discussing BF4/SimCity "launch efforts"

RPS: How radically are you changing the process next time? Are you, for instance, going to focus on giving DICE time and space to iron out all the bugs?

Hilleman: That team got to ship that game when they wanted to. I don?t think we really pulled it out of their hands. But the process changes dramatically ever time. If you were to take a look at the process behind a gen three launch and a gen four launch, it?s 80 percent different. So the next major number release for Battlefield will likely have an 80 percent process change, because time has passed. So that?s why I talk about changing for the future, not changing for mistakes we made last time. If I reproduce what I did this time, it?s guaranteed to be 80 percent wrong anyway.

DICE teasing 2142 fans. Give us our HD remake!

Battlefield 4? Naval Strike takes the intense and dramatic water-based combat introduced in Battlefield 4 to four all-new maps set in the South China Sea. Blow open a crashed passenger plane and capture fishing villages across the tropical Lost Islands. Drop a submarine on your foes as you infiltrate a naval base or rush between shipping docks and rocky islands on the massive Wave Breaker map. Wage war across stormy seas in the largest ocean stretch in a Battlefield map yet with Nansha Strike. Storm an abandoned cliff-side resort, or get lost in the breathtaking vistas in Operation Mortar.

Naval Strike also introduces five new weapons, the amphibious hovercraft vehicle, ten assignments and the all-new Carrier Assault mode, which is an homage to the fan-favorite, Titan mode from Battlefield 2142.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/expansion-packs/naval-strike

Shame the rest of the game is broken.

I guess they feel they've made enough progress they can pick up tools and start working on DLC again.

I agree with you though, particularly the console versions which still need work.

PC got an update today but apparently it has broken more stuff (or at least I read it has)

General stability improvements

-Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash

-Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch

-Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted

-Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive

-Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311

-Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren?t properly matching the actual number of impacts

-Fix for an issue where the ?Draw? message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets

-Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn?t scroll on dog tags

-Fix for missing grass physics in terrain

Mantle

-Fix for a crash that would occur when activating full screen in portrait mode

-Fix for stuttering that could appear during video sequences on multi-GPU PCs

-Fix for a memory system leak that could cause stalls, which would result in frames taking longer to process

-Reduced the amount of stalls that occurred when running with high graphics setting that require more GPU memory than is currently available

-Fixed screenshots on multi-GPU PCs

R25 Server Update

-Fix for several server crashes

-Fixed an issue where the maxSpectatorCount value of 4 was enforced on all presets

-Fix for an issue where players using the iOS/Android Commander App weren?t able to connect to games

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493838365687/

I just played a match, it's horrible... I'm going back to BF3 I think full time. If anyone doubts it, go play 1-3 matches of BF3 and you can just feel the difference... BF4 plays more like an arcade/COD game....

I guess they feel they've made enough progress they can pick up tools and start working on DLC again.

I agree with you though, particularly the console versions which still need work.

PC got an update today but apparently it has broken more stuff (or at least I read it has)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493838365687/

The game itself had been running pretty nicely for me until todays PC update. "nicely" as in it didn't crash...for me they'd perfected that after a pretty sloppy time in November/December. The hit detection and other bugs were still rubbish and annoying but at least it ran.

Today first game after installing the patch, 3 minutes in and sound loop crash. Look in event log and see an app hang message.

Based on the battlelog forums it's effecting hundreds/thousands. You'd think DICE could actually test a patch but it seems not.

The only issue I've come across so far is the vehicle spawning crash. Aside from that, the game has been running smoothly for me. No issues with performance or loading times either.

I haven't run into too many issues. Mantle does seem better than DX on my system. Auto video setting runs mostly everything on high, which causes my 280x to run very hot. I have a box fan blowing into the tower, just to keep things cool.