Anyways, is there any point in crews for GTA Online? All or most of them just seem like all they wanna do is just run around kill each other. I honestly don't see any of them doing or wanting to help other crew members with missions to rank up. Killing each other is okay at times but not EVERYDAY all the TIME! tis confusing and just wondering. 

The only reason we created a crew is because I was in a band together with the friends I play with, and it's funny being able to have our old logo in our clothes and cars. Kind of a nostalgic thing, I have no interest in getting in a crew with random people.

Game wise other than adding another layer of friend filtering it seems pointless. I don't think many people actually care about crew rankings.

PSN - If anyone here can also, give me a hand on boosting my strength that would be great...I've asked 2 people and get "no response or no ty" which it is worth having it 100% makes a difference when getting shot or w/e. It was from a video on YT that it requires 2 people, one sits in a car while the other kicks the **** out of it. I tried before I found the video and it didn't budge. Would appreciate it and will return the favor as well! just add me on PSN

In single player just kicking a car seems to work. It probably takes a lot of time because I tried for a while and got nothing but I saw a friend getting a +something in strenght while kicking a car with Michael (he probably was about to get the boost because of whatever he had been doing before).

Maybe it doesn't work online, I don't know, but the other stats seem to be boosted the same way as offline.

• Like 1

PS3 or 360? Shouldn't be any problems, but you can only do your games saves, game data. Also you could just use a thumb drive.

Hi

It's PS3. As long as I keep my saved game data that's all I care about, but I believe using the Data Transfer Utility basically moves everything from one PS3 to another.

Do you know if I need to create the profile and sign on the new PS3 before doing the transfer? Would I need to re-install the new game on the new PS3?

I also have a question surrounding garages & hangars in game. If I put a stolen vehicle in my garage or hangar, does it work like the character vehicle in that it will always be there, or if I take it out and lose it, is that it?

What about vehicles I buy, are they permanent?

The only reason we created a crew is because I was in a band together with the friends I play with, and it's funny being able to have our old logo in our clothes and cars. Kind of a nostalgic thing, I have no interest in getting in a crew with random people.

Game wise other than adding another layer of friend filtering it seems pointless. I don't think many people actually care about crew rankings.

In single player just kicking a car seems to work. It probably takes a lot of time because I tried for a while and got nothing but I saw a friend getting a +something in strenght while kicking a car with Michael (he probably was about to get the boost because of whatever he had been doing before).

Maybe it doesn't work online, I don't know, but the other stats seem to be boosted the same way as offline.

It does, but you have to have a friend in the car.

As far as crews, you get bonus RP for completing missions (or races, or whatever) with crew members, I think up to 40% more (more crew = more RP).  You can also set chat to be only among crew or friends or both, instead of with everyone.

well 1.04 broke solo session online. just tried doing a job and 2 seconds mission failed! I actually hadn't had any problems with online before the new update.

Hi

It's PS3. As long as I keep my saved game data that's all I care about, but I believe using the Data Transfer Utility basically moves everything from one PS3 to another.

Do you know if I need to create the profile and sign on the new PS3 before doing the transfer? Would I need to re-install the new game on the new PS3?

I also have a question surrounding garages & hangars in game. If I put a stolen vehicle in my garage or hangar, does it work like the character vehicle in that it will always be there, or if I take it out and lose it, is that it?

What about vehicles I buy, are they permanent?

just sign in as you normally would, everything offline will still be there. Online your data is saved via cloud, if it's just game saves then I wouldn't worry about moving everything just your game saves and data for the games which you will be as NASA would say "houston we have landed"

PS3 or 360? Shouldn't be any problems, but you can only do your games saves, game data. Also you could just use a thumb drive.

Anyways, is there any point in crews for GTA Online? All or most of them just seem like all they wanna do is just run around kill each other. I honestly don't see any of them doing or wanting to help other crew members with missions to rank up. Killing each other is okay at times but not EVERYDAY all the TIME! tis confusing and just wondering. 

What happened to all the people that was playing GTA online after patch 1.03 from October 3rd - 7th? lots of people was on playing and now, seems like it's dropped TONS after that. Did they ban a bunch of people or something? Also, patch 1.04 no 500k we have to wait until next week to get it from R :star:

PSN - If anyone here can also, give me a hand on boosting my strength that would be great...I've asked 2 people and get "no response or no ty" which it is worth having it 100% makes a difference when getting shot or w/e. It was from a video on YT that it requires 2 people, one sits in a car while the other kicks the **** out of it. I tried before I found the video and it didn't budge. Would appreciate it and will return the favor as well! just add me on PSN

My crew is over 150 strong and most of the team we don't kill each other, we either team up in free roam and kill other players or do survival matches or jobs. My crew is from another forum, we're pretty tight knit over there.  I'm still waiting on that 500k. 

My crew is over 150 strong and most of the team we don't kill each other, we either team up in free roam and kill other players or do survival matches or jobs. My crew is from another forum, we're pretty tight knit over there.  I'm still waiting on that 500k. 

I'd join it but idk the crew name. Right now I'm riding around on the train...tried to steal it after I shot the guy in the face but it won't let me and it won't STOP! someone tried to whack me on it, but I shot them in the face @ point blank too

Anyone still enjoying online.

I'm about ready to give up.

If it isn't idiots just shooting everything that moves in free roam it is idiots ruining races by either driving backwards or smashing other people off the track. Great thing is they seem to drive off fine with no loss of speed.

I read about all these great moments people are having but i have yet to even really break a smile while playing it.

I think GTA Online has potential but at the moment you need a group of friends to play with.

So, while trying to go around and get the collectibles, my helicopter ran out of gas.

Gameplay uncanny valley.

They run out of gas?!

I was just watching one of his video's as I came into this thread lol

I was laughing so hard. It helped passed time at work for sure. Shared it with a few friends and they loved it themselves. :)

They run out of gas?!

I knew cars could, if you shoot the gas tank and it leaks....

But I just flew the helicopter around picking up paper scraps and UFO pieces.  Had a clean landing, clean take off, and all of a sudden the engine started cutting out and it gave me the "you'd better jump cuz this thing's about to drop out of the sky" fast beep.   So I got high enough to parachute, and jumped out.

I knew cars could, if you shoot the gas tank and it leaks....

But I just flew the helicopter around picking up paper scraps and UFO pieces.  Had a clean landing, clean take off, and all of a sudden the engine started cutting out and it gave me the "you'd better jump cuz this thing's about to drop out of the sky" fast beep.   So I got high enough to parachute, and jumped out.

That's crazy

I feel like I remember it doing so, but then I am thinking perhaps it is just something I always felt it should do, so if people can clarify if I am imagining at one point it did it or not...

Has any GTA ever implemented turn signals on the cars?

I know it would be truly irrelevant to do so, but just think it would be funny if it let you use your signal, and one step further, amazing if you used it, and the other traffic actually acted accordingly (similar to how if you beep the horn, some cars do move out of the way).

I feel like I remember it doing so, but then I am thinking perhaps it is just something I always felt it should do, so if people can clarify if I am imagining at one point it did it or not...

Has any GTA ever implemented turn signals on the cars?

I know it would be truly irrelevant to do so, but just think it would be funny if it let you use your signal, and one step further, amazing if you used it, and the other traffic actually acted accordingly (similar to how if you beep the horn, some cars do move out of the way).

Not that I know of.  I do remember that The Getaway used turn signals to let you know where you were supposed to be going (especially since GPS wasn't widely used at the time).

Not that I know of.  I do remember that The Getaway used turn signals to let you know where you were supposed to be going (especially since GPS wasn't widely used at the time).

Ahhhhhhh!!! I did play all of The Getaway's as well, so I must have been thinking of it. Thanks!!

gta iv has turn signals but only the npc's i've noticed uses them...even though they still can't drive properly. I tried playing it the other night with a friend and the controls are really stiff compared to GTA V. Right now I'm taking a break until later and getting my SWTOR update for now.

For 360 what is the quick action button? You can have it wave, salute, bird. I select what I want but can't make it do it.

X? I don't know I'm just guessing. If I'm right whoo hoo if not, oh well.

GTA Online time...might kamikaze some ppl in free roam. Also, you can block in NPC's cars and get your strength up that way. Just make sure they cannot get out of the car or move (don't shoot them in the face or it won't work)

For 360 what is the quick action button? You can have it wave, salute, bird. I select what I want but can't make it do it.

I assume it's the same as the PS3, push in on the analogue sticks.