GTA 5 PC gets 4k support and first person mode

FqKWNxGktH6R.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

The PC iteration will be the most visually impressive version of GTA 5, according to CVG's latest hands-on account. GTA 5 will run at 4K resolution on PC, and all 'next gen' versions of the game will include a fully-supported first person mode, complete with modeled car interiors and proper first-person shooting.

As Dan mentions in his preview, "It's not just a case of plonking a new camera within a character's head, just because they could, but an extensive rework of the game's movement, driving and targeting engines. There are thousands of new animations for gun reloading alone, no to mention the first-person views of parachuting, carjacking etc."

First-person extends to GTA's sandbox online mode, which creates space for proper FPS modes within GTA. Multiplayer heists?a long awaited feature for console players?are also nearing completion.

There are also 20 new forms of wildlife, including cats, which CVG confirm can be killed (the MONSTERS). The soundtrack includes 100 extra tracks including something from The Backstreet Boys. There's a luscious new lighting engine and extra detail everywhere, as you'd expect from a version of the game unshackled by Xbox 360 and PS3 hardware. Also, you can one-shot trucks with the new rail gun.

Source

• Like 2

GTA 5 Is 1080p/30fps On PS4 And Xbox One; First-Person Trailer Released

Rockstar Games confirms resolution and frame rate details for console versions; PC iteration will support 4K resolution.

Grand Theft Auto V will run in 1080p/30fps across PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Rockstar Games announced today, following news that the game will feature a first-person mode.

Rockstar said: "Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC features hundreds of additions and enhancements including 1080p resolution at 30fps on PS4 and Xbox One."

Meanwhile, the PC version of GTA V will support 4K resolution.

Rockstar also confirmed more details about GTA V's first-person mode today. These are listed below:

- Only available in Xbox One, PS4, and PC versions

- Available with single button press, letting you switch between third- and first-person

- Includes first-person cover system

- Introduces new targeting system

- Will feature a more traditional FPS control scheme

- Thousands of new animations

- First-person mode will be available in both GTA V and GTA Online

GTA V launches for Xbox One and PS4 on November 18, while the PC version will be released in January 2015.

Source

Confirmed, 1080p/30fps for both consoles.

Here's the first person view trailer at 1080p/60fps for you glorious PC people :laugh:

• Like 1

Just nip picking here, i haven't read much of it, kinder just looked over bits and bobs. I have a PS4 now, i did have GTA 5 on Xbox 360, how do i bringrR0over my stuff from Xbox 360 to my PS4 version of GTA5 when it comes out, if you can do it.

Just nip picking here, i haven't read much of it, kinder just looked over bits and bobs. I have a PS4 now, i did have GTA 5 on Xbox 360, how do i bringrR0over my stuff from Xbox 360 to my PS4 version of GTA5 when it comes out, if you can do it.

Sign up to social club if you haven't already. I assume that's how they will be bringing everything over, Just my guess anyway. Could be wrong but.

A brand new report has surfaced online claiming that Grand Theft Auto 5 for the PC platform uses an additional digital rights management (DRM) system called Denuvo, the same one used by recent games like Lords of the Fallen or FIFA 15, besides the standard Steam protection that's offered by Valve.

Source: http://www.softpedia.com/grand-theft-auto-5-on-pc-uses-additional-denuvo-drm-besides-steam-report-464358.html

Should transfer over regardless. But it's always good to have a RSSC account!

Ended up picking this up this morning when I had a half day, Any questions feel free to ask... PS4 version. Very few people even in servers as of yet. Had to match make just to find other players.

Secret Drugs Do Surprising Things In The New GTA V 

fkqmtuqbptquvdvxlr36.png

The new versions of GTA V on the PS4 and Xbox One hide some things you haven't seen before, even if you've played the last-gen versions of the game. And some of this stuff can be a little...wacky.

If you don't want to be spoiled on this secret, I suggest you stop reading now!

OK. Ready? Here we go.

As taltigolt documents in this video, the new versions of GTA feature Peyote plants that players can collect. If you find one, your character will eat it?and then they'll trip out and think they've transformed into a chicken. Which means that you get to play as a chicken, albeit temporarily, in the new versions of GTA V. It's really funny:

My favorite part when Franklin starts arguing with himself about being a chicken. And while it doesn't look like you'll be able to do too much as a chicken, it's still amusing:

auotma7yhfidamgmc92t.jpg
Ha.

UPDATE: It's not just chickens! You can turn into many different animals, like seagulls, as this video by NoahJ456 shows:

And as a seagull, you can poop while flying. I'm now awaiting a montage of people pooping on the citizens of GTA V.

Source: Kotaku

Is anyone on the Xbox One version having issues with GTA Online after today's patch?  I keep getting disconnected with a message saying I lost my connection to Xbox Live, but I'm still connected to Xbox Live.  This is getting really annoying.  GTA Online was already buggy enough, now I can't even stay connected.  I didn't have this problem yesterday when I was playing before the new patch went out.

Oh man this looks great, better than GTAIV. Not sure if it'll be as fun as Saints Row IV though. Makes me wish I could afford to upgrade as I'm still stuck with a first gen i7 @ 3.8Ghz and sli'd GTX 460's. I can run Dead Rising 3 fine on medium @ 1080p resolution and hope this runs similar. I could run at higher settings in Dead Rising 3 if it properly supported sli so I hope GTAV will support sli and crossfire.

Is anyone on the Xbox One version having issues with GTA Online after today's patch?  I keep getting disconnected with a message saying I lost my connection to Xbox Live, but I'm still connected to Xbox Live.  This is getting really annoying.  GTA Online was already buggy enough, now I can't even stay connected.  I didn't have this problem yesterday when I was playing before the new patch went out.

nice! I know one thing they fixed was wallbreaches online. made it a pain in the ass to collect bounties

• 2 weeks later...