Grand Theft Auto V Coming this Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC

Today we're proud to announce that the critically-acclaimed and record-breaking Grand Theft Auto V is coming this fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

Grand Theft Auto V will take full advantage of the power of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with across-the-board graphical and technical improvements to deliver a stunning new level of detail. Increased draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic, and enhanced resolutions all work together to bring new life to the cities, towns, deserts and oceans of Rockstar North?s epic reimagining of Southern California.

Switch between the interconnected lives of Michael, Trevor and Franklin as they embark on a series of heists across Los Santos and Blaine County in the biggest, deepest and richest open world experience yet, with game world enhancements that include new wildlife, upgraded weather and damage effects, and an array of new details to discover.

The new generation upgrades also extend to Grand Theft Auto Online, an ever-evolving Grand Theft Auto universe. Rise through the criminal ranks by banding together to complete Jobs for cash, purchase properties, vehicles and character upgrades, compete in traditional competitive modes, or create your own content to play and share with the Grand Theft Auto community.

All new content and gameplay created since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online, including an extensive array of new Jobs, an arsenal of new weapons, scores of new vehicles, new properties and player customizations will also be available for the PlayStation 4 system, Xbox One and PC with much more to come. In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC.

Grand Theft Auto V for PC will also feature a video editor designed for advanced movie-making.

Source: Rockstar

Is it too soon to ask what the systems will be able to do?  

1080p for BOTH PS4 abd Xbox one?

Highly unlikely for either machine.

Really?  Why is that? 

The 3D GTA series have always been intensive on the respective consoles.

I personally expect the PS4 to run this at 900p @ 30 fps and the Xbox One to run it at 720p @ 30 fps.

I personally expect the PS4 to run this at 900p @ 30 fps and the Xbox One to run it at 720p @ 30 fps.

Ugh, if that is the case, hopefully the X1 can atleast do a bit higher.  

Console differences

Snip

Stupid question - is that difference between 360/PS3 and X1/PS4 or consoles and PCs?

GTA 5 Xbox One's technical improvements revealed

"Enhanced resolutions", you say, Rockstar?

Rockstar has shed a little more light on the Xbox One version of Grand Theft Auto 5, which was announced overnight. Are you a fan of "detail"? Because there's a "stunning new level" of the stuff in GTA 5 for the next generation Xbox, apparently.

According to a release, the game boasts "across-the-board graphical and technical improvements", such as "increased draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic, and enhanced resolutions work together to bring new life to the cities, towns, deserts and oceans of Rockstar North's epic reimagining of Southern California".

You can expect "the biggest, deepest and richest open world experience yet, with game world enhancements that include new wildlife, upgraded weather and damage effects, and an array of new details to discover". Details! There's just no telling where they'll end up in GTA 5.

GTA Online reaps the same benefits, obviously, plus a few of its own. Sign in, and you'll be able to tap into "all new content and gameplay created since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online, including an extensive array of new Jobs, an arsenal of new weapons, scores of new vehicles, new properties and player customizations". Players will be able to transfer their Xbox 360 (or PS3) saves to the new game.

Check out the trailer below to see all these enhancements in action.

Source

Am I missing something?  This video has been posted on here and on Reddit.  Where does it say anywhere what system that footage is taken from?  

The Source of the article is an xbox page, but the video doesn't say it's just xbox one. 

Is it too soon to ask what the systems will be able to do?  

1080p for BOTH PS4 abd Xbox one?

Possible, though also suspect this is similar to Watch Dogs, as in just a jazzed up version of previous generation versions. So 900p/792p or something like that for PS4/X1. Will look better than PS3/360, but if you want the absolute finest than PC for sure. Though with that you run the risk of Rockstar's impeccable PC release quality record....

Who knows, maybe i'm wrong and they did more to rebuild it for PS4/X1. There's no doubt in my mind those two can run GTA V in 1080/60p, unless Rockstar insist on some crazy lighting effects and specular this and that :D

They have pre orders up already so the specs should be out there somewhere. Kind of weird to have pre orders and not let people know what they're getting themselves into.

None of the pre order sites have specs though.

Hopefully the reqs aren't as insane as Shadow of Mordor. But unlike Shadow of Mordor this game kind of looks like those sort of reqs might make sense.

Edit: I found this but I have no idea if they are official.. seems like it's mostly speculation.

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=1308&game=Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V

And idea what the PC spec requirements for this is going to look like?

Maximum 4GB VRAM :D

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200145206-Issues-with-GTA-IV-showing-video-cards-with-over-2GB-as-under-spec

I still remember creating this text file and trying all of the combinations until one worked heh heh

This is a screen grab from the video running on the PS4, I took the resolution and scaled it to 1920x1080.
Looks to me like it will be 900p on the PS4. Can still see a few jaggies.

Xj92jBr.jpg

The changes would have to be incredible for that, considering the Xbox 360 and PS3 both ran it at 720@30FPS

The changes would have to be incredible for that, considering the Xbox 360 and PS3 both ran it at 720@30FPS

You're forgetting this isn't a direct port, they're increasing the visual fidelity a lot.

You're forgetting this isn't a direct port, they're increasing the visual fidelity a lot.

Not to be a downer or a cynic, saying this with pure kindness - please don't get your hopes up too much. PC will look much better than any console version, but don't expect worlds apart, really. You know this to be true! :/

How is game save stuff going to work? I am bit confused about it.

Will it just be PS3 to PS4 and Xbox 360 to Xbox One, or will I be able to take my progress from my Xbox 360 to my PS4?

How is game save stuff going to work? I am bit confused about it.

Will it just be PS3 to PS4 and Xbox 360 to Xbox One, or will I be able to take my progress from my Xbox 360 to my PS4?

Its online saves only, so you can take it from 360 to PS4 if you wish. It supposedly gives you the option of bringing your save over from a previous one linked to your socialclub account.

Its online saves only, so you can take it from 360 to PS4 if you wish. It supposedly gives you the option of bringing your save over from a previous one linked to your socialclub account.

Does it work both ways, do you know? Can you make progress on the One version on GTA online and then carry on playing one the 360 version?

Am I missing something?  This video has been posted on here and on Reddit.  Where does it say anywhere what system that footage is taken from?  

The Source of the article is an xbox page, but the video doesn't say it's just xbox one. 

Same video was shown during Sonys E3 conference and it said at the end it was all PS4 footage. So I can only assume that, but this video does seem to be just a marketing ad to say it's coming.

Does it work both ways, do you know? Can you make progress on the One version on GTA online and then carry on playing one the 360 version?

I dont know 100% but id say no. Im pretty sure it will be a one off upgrade from one last gen to current gen

• Like 1

I dont know 100% but id say no. Im pretty sure it will be a one off upgrade from one last gen to current gen

This is kinda my gut feeling too.

This is a must have buy for me (not sure which system yet). I absolutely love exploring the map and the increase in graphic quality along would be enough to make me purchase.