It wil be out this fall on PS4, XB1 and PC. May get a PS4 and play it on that instead, too many problems with it currently bc of hackers, modders etc. I'm hoping that I can still use my character on it though :/ would hate to start from scratch all over again lol

Does it work both ways, do you know? Can you make progress on the One version on GTA online and then carry on playing one the 360 version?

Actually since its just your Rockstar SC file that's moving around "the cloud", then it should be multi-lateral, no? I don't think it's an exclusive deal with Sony? So i'd say at least your basic stats can move back and forth, platform-exclusive content obviously not. But i don't know, just theorizing here.

So my 3rd gen i7 3630 and 2 gb GT-650 DDR5 is likely to prove ineffective?

They sound perfect for the job, note i said maximum 4GB..it was a joke at the expense of GTA IV on PC not working with graphics cards that had more than 2GB

Rockstar have messed up yet again. The 1.14 title update released today comes with a compatibility pack called
the "I'm Not A Hipster" Update. So I download and install the 1.14 title update, then download the compatibility
pack as prompted. Now every time I try go to GTA Online, I'm prompted to download the compatibility pack
again with the "One or more compatibility packs are required ... " alert even though it's already installed.

If I download it again, I'm alerted to the fact it's already installed, and if I press B to cancel, it instantly drops me
back to Story Mode. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 1.14 title update and the compatibility pack twice,
but the same thing keeps happening. Now I cannot play GTA Online at all, and I'm stuck with Story Mode.

After the disappointing let-down of Watch Dogs, I went back to GTA Online. Now I can't even do that!

Rockstar have messed up yet again. The 1.14 title update released today comes with a compatibility pack called

the "I'm Not A Hipster" Update. So I download and install the 1.14 title update, then download the compatibility

pack as prompted. Now every time I try go to GTA Online, I'm prompted to download the compatibility pack

again with the "One or more compatibility packs are required ... " alert even though it's already installed.

If I download it again, I'm alerted to the fact it's already installed, and if I press B to cancel, it instantly drops me

back to Story Mode. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 1.14 title update and the compatibility pack twice,

but the same thing keeps happening. Now I cannot play GTA Online at all, and I'm stuck with Story Mode.

After the disappointing let-down of Watch Dogs, I went back to GTA Online. Now I can't even do that!

must be your system, I got the update and haven't had any problems with the online

It's happened on both my 360E (2013) and my Elite (2009) Xboxes, as well as a friend's (Tidosho) 360S. Three separate and

different versions of the Xbox 360, with the same issue with GTA Online, so it certainly isn't exclusive to my main console.

Here's a video of the issue I've just uploaded to YouTube ... apologies for the not very good picture quality!

Not liking the fact that you're having issues, but just showing my support - this type of thing is happening too often to too many people in gaming. The industry is almost 50 years old, this should not be so normative, even if it is understandable to a degree because software is so complex and we're all human

The industry is almost 50 years old, this should not be so normative, even if it is understandable to a degree because software is so complex and we're all human

Let's not forget how many units ship for each release. It always amazes me that in manufacturing there's an allowance for manufacturing errors and bugs in the hardware but with games the devs are expected to get it right for everyone all the time.

I'm of course not talking about EA who i think have long surpassed their quota of #### ups for a lifetime.

Let's not forget how many units ship for each release. It always amazes me that in manufacturing there's an allowance for manufacturing errors and bugs in the hardware but with games the devs are expected to get it right for everyone all the time.

I'm of course not talking about EA who i think have long surpassed their quota of #### ups for a lifetime.

What you say is logical, as each copy is distinct. However, i think the percentage/prevelance of issues is much wider in software than it is in hardware. Also, the allowance for hardware faults is one espoused by manufacturers themselves...not by users and consumers. No one likes a broken product, we accept them as reality because nothing in this universe is perfect and it's understandable that things don't work as expected.

EDIT: except beer, which is generally perfect :yes:

• Like 1

Modder makes console GTA 5 a first-person game

What would it be like to run and gun around Grand Theft Auto 5 with a first-person view? Modder XBLToothPik has found out.

With a modded Xbox 360, XBLToothPik used a script to alter the player's perspective in the game, and videoed the results.

It's a bit rough around the edges but the potential is there - particularly for the PC version coming this autumn. If XBLToothPik can get this up and running on Xbox 360, think of how quickly modders on PC could follow suit.

There's potential for virtual reality support this way, too.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-24-modder-makes-console-gta-5-a-first-person-game

• 2 weeks later...

I have an great idea for rockstar that they might consider it because wouldn't be great by combining GTA IV/V into a single game that will provide so much more excitement and interesting to the franchise.

In fact, update both graphical fidelity to a same level so it won't feel some sort of discrepancy and it's momentous changes in how we think of GTA again. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

GTA V will require 50GB of space and will support Playstation Move

The highly anticipated Xbox One, PS4 and PC port of Grand Theft Auto V will require 50GB of hard drive space to install, according to an early Playstation Network listing. Apparently, the game will also feature support for the Playstation Move.

The PSN listing for the digital version of the game was spotted by some members of the GTA Forums, showing off a 50GB file size, much like other titles coming out on the new consoles, including The Last of Us: Remastered and PS4 launch title, Killzone Shadowfall. Such a large file size won?t be a problem for PC owners but the new consoles both feature slow 5400 RPM 500GB drives, which could cause slow loading times.

gtav_details09122014_005_86367-e14127675

Another interesting tidbit found on the digital listing is that the game will feature support for the Playstation Move wireless motion controllers. Rockstar hasn?t mentioned motion control support yet in any official capacity but it looks like its in the game. It will be interesting to see if the Xbox One version will feature any form of Kinect support.

Grand Theft Auto V will release on the Xbox One and Playstation 4 this November. The PC version of the game has been delayed until January 2015.

Source

I'm curious to see what they've implemented too. One of the few things I can think of using the motion controller on the PS4 is for things like parachuting or flying a plane. 

When the pc version is out I might have to consider buying a hard copy just to save on download times. Hopefully it's not just 1 dvd with a link to install their crappy rockstar social club software. :huh:

My internet isn't bad but it's nowhere near the best, 50gb will take roughly 18 hours straight downloading.

When the pc version is out I might have to consider buying a hard copy just to save on download times. Hopefully it's not just 1 dvd with a link to install their crappy rockstar social club software. :huh:

My internet isn't bad but it's nowhere near the best, 50gb will take roughly 18 hours straight downloading.

A whole 18 hours eh! /s

;)

Be glad you're not me. on a unreliable 5 meg connection :'(

A whole 18 hours eh! /s

;)

Be glad you're not me. on a unreliable 5 meg connection :'(

Well my connection is 8 meg down dsl. It's the best we can do unless we go with comcast, which is not really something I care to ever do.

For now anyways, google fiber is supposed to be making it's way to my area in the next few years.

• 3 weeks later...

New exclusive content announced for GTA V on PC, PS4 and Xbox One

Rockstar has revealed a list of exclusive items and missions/activities to be included in the long awaited PC, Xbox One and PS4 versions of Grand Theft Auto V, although this new content will only be available to returning players, meaning those of you who had the willpower to hold out for the PC version of the game will be getting the short end of the stick.

Those of you that couldn?t wait and originally played Grand Theft Auto V on the PS3 or Xbox 360, you?ll be getting new events and rewards, including new vehicles and weapons. Some of you may remember that Rockstar released LA Noire a few years back, it is now bringing that detective game experience to GTA V with a new murder mystery mission for Micheal, which will see him follow a trail of cryptic clues and eventually unlock some camera filters for those of you who want to nab screenshots in-game.

actual_1414503277.jpg

Other bits of content include a new wildlife photography challenge, stock car races and according to Rockstar, there will be much more. Obviously, PC players will have mods, so if you miss out on Rockstar?s own additional content, then you?ll still have community made addons to fall back on.

For those of you that did own Grand Theft Auto V on a console, you?ll be able to transfer your last gen character once to a new platform. Rockstar will be giving upgraders $1 million in-game cash, $500k for story mode and $500k for online mode to help you get started.

You can read Rockstar?s full list of additional content along with a short FAQ, HERE.

Source

actual_1414503248.jpg

actual_1414503330.jpg

actual_1414503303.jpg

actual_1414503235.jpg

I feel like heists will be nex-gen exclusive.  It's been over a year.

Rockstar are pround to announce heists on GTA 5! .......

(PS4 and XBOXONE timed exclusives for 6 months.)

http://aretheheiststhereyet.com/

As much as I hate it I would probably shell out another $60 for this game, but with everyone I play with playing the PS3 version for years to come I see no reason to yet.