Hugo Weaving starring as Agent Smith in a GE commercial

Pretty decent. I wouldn't have thought any company would want to be associated with a movie villain.

They need to make a third matrix movie! (reloaded, and revolutions was the one movie split in half)

I miss the Matrix.

Good commercial :D

Didn't you read the disclaimer? There is only one Matrix film.

Hugo WeavING

... how embarrassing :/

Pretty decent. I wouldn't have thought any company would want to be associated with a movie villain.

It's from their "Brilliant Machines" series of ads that GE has been running since the last Winter AND Summer Olympics to talk about the largely non-consumer side of GE.

It makes sense - after all, when the average person sees the GE logo somewhere, more often than not, they think lighting.

Do aircraft engines come to mind? (I doubt it, though GE is, in fact, the LARGEST manufacturer of jet engines for aviation use.) Locomotives? (You wouldn't think of GE any more than you would think of Caterpillar - despite the two companies being numbers two and three - globally - in terms of freight locomotives.) Neonatal incubators? (One of the smallest - though anything BUT non-critical - parts of GE Medical, which includes GE Medical Imaging, a driver behind making medical imaging as portable - and as small - as computing.) They have NOT abandoned the lighting business - anywhere; nor did they leave power generation. Though they HAVE left broadcasting (Comcast bought the rest of NBCU from GE last year), they have NOT left either IT or communications.

In addition to Agent Smith, Johnny Five and KITT have also appeared in the ad series (aircraft engines and locomotives, respectively - the freight loco in KITT's ad is in current revenue service with Norfolk Southern, who is buying more of them).