Explosion at Boston Marathon *NSFW IMAGES*

The "tactic" works exactly the same. As for timing... OBVIOUSLY the timing was screwed up.

Some explosives didn't even go off. I doubt, very highly, the intent was to plant bombs that

wouldn't be used.

The "tactic" works exactly the same. As for timing... OBVIOUSLY the timing was screwed up.

Some explosives didn't even go off. I doubt, very highly, the intent was to plant bombs that

wouldn't be used.

It really couldn't work at all, pedestrians would not follow the road towards the second devices.. they would scatter making it less effective than just detonating the two devices at the same time. The tactic works against convoys because they are locked to roads. If someone used this tactic against pedestrians it would have to be done in a tunnel or between narrow buildings without any side roads that could be used to escape the area.

• Like 3

I was also wondering if this was domestic because we have had nobody take credit for doing this horrible act.

I will pray for the victim's families and the other people that are hurt. Hopefully the good news is that they can figure out who made the bombs that didn't explode, it's going to take time but I am hoping this will reveal a big lead.

Oh, and for those claiming you get the same experience from playing Call of Duty, or

watching TV Shows... stop the ignorance. Reading a book/watching a show is NOTHING

like actually doing something. Even military operations don't go off without a hitch... but

that doesn't change how well they were planned. And I'm telling you from experience, this

was professionally planned.

Didn't know that...but if I recall correctly that bomb basically destroyed the whole building?

You're frakkin right it did. The OKC bomb was made out of three 55 gallon drums.

409px-Oklahomacitybombing-DF-ST-98-01356.jpg

Didn't know that...but if I recall correctly that bomb basically destroyed the whole building?

Er... not directly. It took out support beams, which brought down the building. Just clarifying that

there wasn't enough detonation power to bring the building down just from a catastrophic explosion.

I don't think a single person in this thread made any claim, or even used the word experience when talking about this.

We merely observed that the tactics aren't a military secret..

It really couldn't work at all, pedestrians would not follow the road towards the second devices.. they would scatter making it less effective than just detonating the two devices at the same time. The tactic works against convoys because they are locked to roads. If someone used this tactic against pedestrians it would have to be done in a tunnel or between narrow buildings without any side roads that could be used to escape the area.

Have you looked at the street? Buildings on both sides. Plus, "herd" mentality takes over. There isn't as much "scatter" as

you might think. People stand still (vehicles stop), run towards the blast (vehicle drivers hit the gas in panic), or they flee the

opposite direction and follow the fleeing herd. Go watch some 9/11 videos, too. When herd mentality takes over, it's pretty

predictable.

I have a friend from Boston who's also a member of Neowin. I really hope he's okay!

Prayers to the victims and their families, by the way.

I have a friend from Boston who's also a member of Neowin. I really hope he's okay!

Prayers to the victims and their families, by the way.

Hopefully, he's ok. I wouldn't worry now, though... I doubt posting on a forum

is first in his thoughts at the moment.

Jordan Extremist != Jordan.

Some ******* makes a comment and you attribute it to the entire country..

Exactly. Some people were celebrating the death of Margaret Thatcher in the UK, yet that's clearly a minority view. The US has made a lot of enemies so it's not surprising to see some of them praise the attack, however distasteful it might be.

• Like 3

Oh, and for those claiming you get the same experience from playing Call of Duty, or

watching TV Shows... stop the ignorance. Reading a book/watching a show is NOTHING

like actually doing something. Even military operations don't go off without a hitch... but

that doesn't change how well they were planned. And I'm telling you from experience, this

was professionally planned.

Since I reference both video games and movies in my post, I am going to take this as a direct response to myself, so let me state this...

My ENTIRE point was to say you do not need to play video games or watch movies to know it would NOT BE HARD AT ALL to sneak a small bomb into a trash can. That is it. I made it a point to reference both things as the truth is you do not need to have any knowledge to figure out sneaking a small bomb into a public outdoor trash can really is not that crazy of a scenario to envision.

Also since you wanted to address a few other things, I honestly could not disagree more with your statement that this was professionally planned. I actually think you are giving these people way more credit then they deserve. Anyone with half a brain (to follow bomb making instructions which unfortunately are easy enough to find for those that want them), a watch, and the most important ingredient of them all, the hatred it takes to do such an act, could orchestrate this if they so desired. I really do not think one needs to have any military experience to pull it off. They just need a few other like minded individuals and a strong desire to cause others harm. This is at its very nature what makes terrorism so truly terrifying after all... That what appear to be normal individuals on the surface can do harm to others if they have the will to do so.

Would some kind of military background help in pulling off something like this? Absolutely it would. But is it a prerequisite and the only way it could be pulled off? I do not think so at all.

Exactly. Some people were celebrating the death of Margaret Thatcher in the UK, yet that's clearly a minority view. The US has made a lot of enemies so it's not surprising to see some of them praise the attack, however distasteful it might be.

Bear it in mind the next time you hear someone referring to the Conservatives as the "Nasty Party"

wouldn't be used.

You are overthinking it. This was a crowded street with 3 bombs placed along way. The third bomb did not go off fortunately. There isn't much intention to trap and ambush here than just blow up people. I don't have any military experience - just going by common sense and my knowledge of a lot of such "serial bomb" attacks in India.

You don't need skills to remotely detonate bombs - you need a ****ed up sadistic person with some skills in making the explosive.

Noticed this earlier, but who is this man walking on the roof?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgdFlHg9KV0

I get the whole conspiracy theory behind it, I really do; however IMO I think it's just someone trying to watch the finale of the race who then runs to possibly assist or get a better view of what the f*** just happened :s .

I get the whole conspiracy theory behind it, I really do; however IMO I think it's just someone trying to watch the finale of the race who then runs to possibly assist or get a better view of what the f*** just happened :s .

Don't get me wrong, I'm no conspiracy theorist, he just looks very suspicious, the way his back his arched made him look very calm and not running. This was just after the first explosion too.

I'm glad my friend, who passed the finish line, and was a few blocks away, was safe and sound.

My condolence to everyone in Boston.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no conspiracy theorist, he just looks very suspicious, the way his back his arched made him look very calm and not running. This was just after the first explosion too.

Everyone in Boston who has roof access watches the race from their roof.

Everyone in Boston who has roof access watches the race from their roof.

Just look at who posted that video on Youtube: NWOTruthChannel....

nuff said.