1. 1. I AM A / WHO LIKES

• Male / Male
    • Male / Female
    • Male / Male & Female
    • Female / Male
    • Female / Female
    • Female / Male & Female
    • Other (Asexual/Autosexual)

I am straight, but I have a story to go with this about what happened to me recently. I went out to a bar with my best friend and his brother like we do sometimes, anyhow they took me to some bar Downtown that I guess has gay nights on specific days of the week. The reason why we went there is because my friend works with a lot of lesbians and they told us to come there. I didn?t know it was gay night and I doubt they did either, so there I was getting drunk and hitting on some girls, it didn?t bother me where we were. About an hour into the whole thing two guys come and sit at our table and start talking to us, I could tell right away that at least one of them was gay, the other one looked straight. Soon enough they start hitting on me, and well they must have been really horny because they were telling me all this stuff how I have never had a real ?bj? unless it was from a guy. They started freaking me out. Oddly enough I realized right there how horny guys were compared to girls, I wish girls were all li:D that :D. Anyhow I left pretty quickly after that. When I got home I felt like crap though it really bothered me that I had guys hitting on me. Just thinking about it makes me feel depressed for some reason.

I know there are a lot of immature people here but maybe you aren't giving enough credit to the mature people that can discuss without getting offended or flaming.

Edit:

You don't seem to understand. It's not about being "insecure" its about keeping an open mind and hearing what other people have to say.

What harm is there in explaining yourself, or listening to someone's point of view? I am not afraid of somebody attacking my views, so I am saying again, I am open to discussing this with anybody, privately if you want, it is all the same to me.

585157277[/snapback]

simply, you are entitled to your opinions...as I am. :D

I have to say i disagree with asexuality. These people need to seriously consider whether or not the things and the people they love are worth living for, because if they have nothing to love worth living for, they may as well just fade away.

I have to say i disagree with asexuality.  These people need to seriously consider whether or not the things and the people they love are worth living for, because if they have nothing to love worth living for, they may as well just fade away.

585157358[/snapback]

It seems like a sad way to live. But if you are asexual you still love people, just in a different way, isn't that right?

I have to say i disagree with asexuality.  These people need to seriously consider whether or not the things and the people they love are worth living for, because if they have nothing to love worth living for, they may as well just fade away.

585157358[/snapback]

Right,:/ and you don't think they have some kind of hobbie or craft that they enjoy more than sex?

Right,:/ and you don't think they have some kind of hobbie or craft that they enjoy more than sex?

585157417[/snapback]

ya I agree.. sex is over rated... hobies are good

585157417[/snapback]

I believe he was referring to pro-creation, and starting a family, and not just having sex.

I believe he was referring to procreation, and starting a family. Who mentioned 'sex?'

585157518[/snapback]

So, what should we do about people too old to have kids? What about people who can't have kids? What about adoption? There are plenty of orphans to go around.

585157358[/snapback]

... What are you talking about? You can live a very happy life without the desire to have sex with people.

Just FYI: There are a couple different kinds of 'asexuals'. (I really can't stand that word, but since everybody likes to use it i guess i will.)

One kind is being attracted to people romantically but not sexually. In other words, you'll date someone and you'll 'be in love' with someone, but you have absolutely no interest in having sex with anybody.

Another kind is not being attracted to anyone romantically OR sexually. In other words, you're just kind of there. You don't want to date anyone or have sex with anyone. That doesn't mean you're anti-social or a jerk or anything, it just means you're not interested in any of that.

And then the last kind that i know of is not being attracted to anyone AT ALL. That means not romantically, not sexually, and not physically. (By physically i mean that you aren't able to tell when one person is 'hotter' than another person.) The same thing applies, though -- this doesn't mean that you're a jerk, it just means that you don't find one person any more physically attractive than another. I'm pretty sure this is the most extreme form of asexuality and it's very rare to find people like this.

I am personally either the first or second. I've never been in love, so i can't really say whether or not i'm not attracted to people romantically. Maybe it's not possible for me to be attracted to people romantically, or maybe i just haven't found the right person. Hard to say. But i've never wanted to have sex with anybody. I am able to tell when one person is 'hotter' than another one, though, so... guess i could be weirder. <_<

That doesn't mean that i don't 'love' people (like my family). It just means that i haven't ever felt the desire to be 'in love' (or have sex) with someone.

Well Lav maybe you should try and get yourself out there or something you know? meeting new girls or guys whatever.. I mean you can't expect everything to come to you... i mean it might the person of your dreams could suddenly one day be infront of you... but if you never gave it any thought well then obviously.... its a lil harder for something like that to happen to you.

Well Lav maybe you should try and get yourself out there or something you know? meeting new girls or guys whatever.. I mean you can't expect everything to come to you... i mean it might the person of your dreams could suddenly one day be infront of you... but if you never gave it any thought well then obviously.... its a lil harder for something like that to happen to you.

585164360[/snapback]

I don't think you get it. I don't feel the need to 'try and get [my]self out there'. I honestly have no impulse to do anything like that. I'm happy the way i am. If i ever do find the person of my dreams, that's great, and i would welcome it, but it would be a totally chance happening. A person goes around 'meeting new girls or guys' because they think that they're lonely and that they need romantic companionship. I don't think either of those things, so why would i go waste my time doing stuff that's totally useless to me? (Not to say that i don't believe in love -- love is a very sacred subject that i believe in completely. I've just never experienced it and i don't plan to any time soon.)

Lav go change your name to 'bog' as you talk utter faeces.

585164381[/snapback]

What the Hell is it with people on Neowin who just join a thread and say something totally retarded without explaining their reasoning? You could have just as well said 'u suk lav' or maybe 'haha ur a fartnocker' and that would have been just as intelligent, and probably easier to type.

^ yeah i was gonna say if you feel that you have no need for it, well all the power to ya ;) Its cool not to care like that, i wish i could do that sometimes when i talk to this girl....the only girl that does that to me haha...