On which console? We're always looking for someone to make fun of.......... I mean, we're always recruiting for the raid, we're usually in and out in an hour normal, trying to get hard mode done..

I am on hte XBOXONE.  I normally play for a few in then evenings and more so on the weekends if I am not busy doing something else.

I can do the daily missions on the hardest level no problem.  But this weeks weekly strike, got to battle the boss in the summoning pits which can be a PITA.

I am on hte XBOXONE.  I normally play for a few in then evenings and more so on the weekends if I am not busy doing something else.

I can do the daily missions on the hardest level no problem.  But this weeks weekly strike, got to battle the boss in the summoning pits which can be a PITA.

Ahh, we're on the ps4, sorry I would have added you otherwise

Xur is back.  Sucks they boosted the price of that exotc auto rifle.  Costs 23 coins now.  :(    Wish you could by coins with glimmer

When I saw that the currency is called "glimmer", the first thing I thought of was this.

gfs_58624_2_8.jpg

If anyone wants to add me on the PS4 please do. My friend and I are usually always looking for one more for the weeklies. Also if Neowin has a clan or anything go ahead and invite me as well if you want. My PSN is Labula.

I'm definitely enjoying the game. But, when I do strikes with my buddies, I don't know if it's because I have no patience and try killing everything as fast as possible or just suck at the game and die. What's the best way to give my Titan some defense and not die as much?

Also, what's the point of the dead orbits? I bought the cloak and seen that any XP I earned went towards the dead orbits reputation, is it worth it?

Apparently both my Wife and I had been saving up for the PS4 and she knew how much I had. On Thursday last week we went and picked up the Destiny PS4 Bundle. As an early Anniversary present (November 1st is our 6th Anniversary) So Now i can play Destiny in much better graphics than the PS3 version.

Only downside so far is all the Collectors edition Items are greyed out and will not allow me to use them because it says i do not own the game... I have submitted a few requests to have this remedied. 

Apparently both my Wife and I had been saving up for the PS4 and she knew how much I had. On Thursday last week we went and picked up the Destiny PS4 Bundle. As an early Anniversary present (November 1st is our 6th Anniversary) So Now i can play Destiny in much better graphics than the PS3 version.

Only downside so far is all the Collectors edition Items are greyed out and will not allow me to use them because it says i do not own the game... I have submitted a few requests to have this remedied. 

Congratulations on your anniversary! You guys can level up your characters and your relationship at the same time.

I am trying to level voidwalker (sun singer is maxed) on my warlock . Same problem.  Is witch to sunsinger a lot since I dont have many I know to play with and Sunsinger is much better for solo.  I get 2 grenandes, able to res myself, and more.  So voidwalker will take a while.  I normally switch to voidwalker when farming for materials or if I am in a good group to get that skill leveled.

I save my res a well until it is needed.  If I use my super power, my grenandes regenerate quickly. I can normally toss out 6 grenades by the time it runs out.  But if I use my res, I need my super power fully charged.  So I tend to save it in tough situations incase I need to.

I maxed voidwalker first and just recently finished sunsinger, and my experience is the opposite. I use the axion bolt with the exotic armor that gives one extra bolt, and the Bloom ability. Throw a granade in a mob and it starts a chain reaction that clears the whole area.

It also works with enemies killed with the energy drain, eg. if you find yourself surrounded by thralls.

Resurrection comes really handy too anyway, and the sticky grenade is cool for killing tough enemies (more so with two of them) so no matter what subclass I'm playing with I always miss something from the other one.

My buddy told me we started playing Destiny wrong when we first started playing. He said he read an article that says you have a better chance to get legendary and exotic gear when starting if you join a fraction.

Is this true? If so, should I start a new character? I believe I'm in a fraction right now, I joined my buddies clan on bungie the other day.

My buddy told me we started playing Destiny wrong when we first started playing. He said he read an article that says you have a better chance to get legendary and exotic gear when starting if you join a fraction.

Is this true? If so, should I start a new character? I believe I'm in a fraction right now, I joined my buddies clan on bungie the other day.

Not from my experience.. 

Factions are there to really give crucible players gear they would have to get by leveling up vanguard stuff and get vanguard marks in PvE.. 

There are people who play Crucible only in Destiny and the factions are really to give them options because the faction gear and weapons are bought with crucible marks.. the vanguard gear is mostly PvE oriented because you buy stuff with vanguard marks you get from strikes and other stuff like patrol missions.

Not from my experience.. 

Factions are there to really give crucible players gear they would have to get by leveling up vanguard stuff and get vanguard marks in PvE.. 

There are people who play Crucible only in Destiny and the factions are really to give them options because the faction gear and weapons are bought with crucible marks.. the vanguard gear is mostly PvE oriented because you buy stuff with vanguard marks you get from strikes and other stuff like patrol missions.

I play both, should I focus on getting XP towards one thing, ie: vanguard marks vs crucible marks?

I maxed voidwalker first and just recently finished sunsinger, and my experience is the opposite. I use the axion bolt with the exotic armor that gives one extra bolt, and the Bloom ability. Throw a granade in a mob and it starts a chain reaction that clears the whole area.

It also works with enemies killed with the energy drain, eg. if you find yourself surrounded by thralls.

Resurrection comes really handy too anyway, and the sticky grenade is cool for killing tough enemies (more so with two of them) so no matter what subclass I'm playing with I always miss something from the other one.

I started with VW but switched to SS when I was able to.  Wanted to build that up so when playing with random people, I could res myself and not rely on them to get to me in time.  I am 1.5 skills away from maxing out VW and then both are good.  Still fooling around with the skill combos though.

Want legendary gear, do the PvE strikes.  Get 100 vanguard a week so will take you a while to get it.   What I did.  And getting the armor isnt the hard part, just a lot of grinding.  What is hard is the materials to upgrade the armor/weapons.

I joined a Faction as well and may eventually level that up when I am done with vanguard. Not sure yet.

Want legendary gear, do the PvE strikes.  Get 100 vanguard a week so will take you a while to get it.   What I did.  And getting the armor isnt the hard part, just a lot of grinding.  What is hard is the materials to upgrade the armor/weapons.

I joined a Faction as well and may eventually level that up when I am done with vanguard. Not sure yet.

I'm confused, so Vanguard are the strikes. What are the Fractions?

You need to visit a faction merchant and buy one of their bonds.

Well now I'm confused, guess I'm totally playing the game wrong. All I know is I get crucible marks for when I play multiplayer and vanguard marks when I play strikes.

well who was you wanting to join?

My buddies and I just create a fire team.

Well now I'm confused, guess I'm totally playing the game wrong. All I know is I get crucible marks for when I play multiplayer and vanguard marks when I play strikes.

My buddies and I just create a fire team.

There are a few different factions you can join to get different armor.  Each faction has a bond you can buy.  This is how you join a faction, buy the bond.  While wearing this bond, any vanguard marks you get go towards the faction, not vanguard.  If you want to get vanguard marks again, then put on your vanguard bond.

Also, depending on what attributes you are setting up your character under, each faction has different armor that puts point to different attributes.  So pay attention to each faction to see what they offer before joining.

if you never play the crucible then you do not want to join a faction.  Strike missions give vanguard marks and can only be spent on vanguard stuff so you need vanguard rep.   Joining a faction just makes everything you do give faction rep so long as you wear that robe thing.  It may rank up faster IF you do alot of crucible as well as vanguard bounties.  Otherwise stick to vanguard.  I myself went straight vanguard and my friend thought he would get it faster then me since the faction do both but you still have to get crucible marks to pay for the crap so now he has to do pvp which he doesnt like as much all day to get marks for his gear while i just do strike runs.

There are a few different factions you can join to get different armor.  Each faction has a bond you can buy.  This is how you join a faction, buy the bond.  While wearing this bond, any vanguard marks you get go towards the faction, not vanguard.  If you want to get vanguard marks again, then put on your vanguard bond.

Also, depending on what attributes you are setting up your character under, each faction has different armor that puts point to different attributes.  So pay attention to each faction to see what they offer before joining.

if you never play the crucible then you do not want to join a faction.  Strike missions give vanguard marks and can only be spent on vanguard stuff so you need vanguard rep.   Joining a faction just makes everything you do give faction rep so long as you wear that robe thing.  It may rank up faster IF you do alot of crucible as well as vanguard bounties.  Otherwise stick to vanguard.  I myself went straight vanguard and my friend thought he would get it faster then me since the faction do both but you still have to get crucible marks to pay for the crap so now he has to do pvp which he doesnt like as much all day to get marks for his gear while i just do strike runs.

Okay thanks for explaining it. I seemed to have went to the Dead Orbits fraction because I didn't know what I was doing, lol. What would be the best for a Titan?

Okay thanks for explaining it. I seemed to have went to the Dead Orbits fraction because I didn't know what I was doing, lol. What would be the best for a Titan?

That depends on your style of play, all of the factions have benefits, in an ideal world you'd want to be rank 2 or 3 with all of them, do you use supers or grenades a lot etc...

(Although I'm still kicking myself for not buying the weekend vendor titan chestpiece, 2 weeks in a row...)