Man of Steel sequel to feature Batman (and others) (2016)

There is no best Batman in the movies, in my opinion, to be perfectly honest. In my mind the perfect Batman is sorta like the animated series Batman with the Kevin Conroy-esk type of voice that doesn't need the post-processing 'growl', heh. Oh, and the theme/story is very dark (and adult) in nature, not the cutesy-poo commerical crap like the mid-90's produced. I'll keep dreaming now.

I liked him in Argo.. that's about it. Will reserve judgment after the film has been released.  All I know is that he has big shoes to fill. 

• Like 2

Ben Affleck? No. <INSERT MEME HERE> 

Also does this mean his buddy Damon is going to be Nightwing?

Dinggus, on 23 Aug 2013 - 04:17, said:Dinggus, on 23 Aug 2013 - 04:17, said:

Who was the best Batman?

Keaton, Conway followed by Bale.

"Too old!"

In this he's supposed to be an older, experienced crimefighter than in the Batman Begins origin -> 8 years in series (which is similar to Batman: Year One in approach) - not quite as old as in Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns but similsr in tone.

My impression -

As a newly emerfed crimefighter Sups has much to learn and probably doesn't realize how much. I think in MoS2 he and Bats will butt heads bigtime before school starts and they have bigger fish to fry.

I take it I am the only one who thinks this is a bad decision

no,no.. I agree with you. He just doesn't have the.. charisma for such a role?

In this he's supposed to be an older, experienced crimefighter than in the Batman Begins origin -> 8 years in series (which is similar to Batman: Year One in approach) - not quite as old as in Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns but similsr in tone.

My impression -

As a newly emerfed crimefighter Sups has much to learn and probably doesn't realize how much. I think in MoS2 he and Bats will butt heads bigtime before school starts and they have bigger fish to fry.

He's still meant to be older that Superman in this movie :) This also mean he has had a few pupils along his side, so... Nightwing movie? Anyone?

About this Batman casting though, I'd like to keep my judgement until I have seen some footage but if I'd HAD to say something about it than it would be: "What the balls!". But that would be the same as when I read that Heath Ledger was going to play the Joker. I want to be positive about it but currently I can't, lol. Ben Affleck doesn't look like Bruce Wayne at all nor do I see him as a Batman :/

Also, the reason that Daredevil flopped wasn't Affleck's fault but the writers/directors. I mean, Colin Farrell's Bullseye sucked as well and his film career is still a success story. There's no reason to judge this based on a film that's been made 10 years ago, imo.

Heard about this... just 2hrs ago and my first reaction was... NO! I thought the news some days ago was bale was offered 40million for the role. I take it he either said no or they just wanted to push for another actor to play batman.

Just as people say that Daredevil was down to poor writing can the same not be said of the good writing in The Town and Argo? I dont think hes a great actor and the initial response is definitely a WTF from most people. I haven't seen anything with him in where he is charismatic or a great presence on screen. Its a bizarre choice from WB but then again im not sure who I would like as the next Batman as no matter who it is, it will probably be a let down after 3 great films. 

OK....as an actor, I've always quite liked Affleck.  However, as a concept-actor I've not seen him have a good role yet.  Phantom, and Daredevil were just awesome, but the dialogue and writing in that was all kinds of poor too.

So I'm on the fence.  'Hunting, Dogma, Changing Lanes, Chasing Amy, Argo - all decent to brilliant flicks and performances.   Daredevil, Phantoms, Reindeer Games, Gigli....not as much!

So I'm hoping we get battle weary, rough, grizzly Affleck/Batman, rather than latex, bat-nipples, corny Affleck/Batman.

• Like 1

I'd prefer they keep the same actor for all versions of some super hero, whether it's Batman, Superman or Daredevil. Hate the heck out of it when they constantly change them. Same with the Bond movies also.

I'd prefer they keep the same actor for all versions of some super hero, whether it's Batman, Superman or Daredevil. Hate the heck out of it when they constantly change them. Same with the Bond movies also.

totally agree, this is why I hate reboots. But it depends on what I have actually watched, obviously batman  has been done multiple times over the years, but Christian Bale is batman to me because those are the films I have seen the most. Similarly bond in Pierce Brosnan because those were the bonds I grew up watching.

It makes no sense to have the same actor for such roles for numerous reasons. You can look at it the way they're doing James Bond.