Man of Steel sequel to feature Batman (and others) (2016)

If they don't cast Cranston now, they are stupid. I mean, I don't watch Breaking Bad but with the ratings that show gets and the accolades etc, the guy is pure money if he played Luthor.

• Like 1

I guess that I might as well post this here as well:

Whether Christian Bale has or has not been offered $50 million to reprise his role as Batman in Man of Steel 2 remains a mystery. (He probably hasn?t.) But with the suit officially unoccupied ? as of now? the race is on to find a new Batman. But one name you can probably cross off your list? Castle star and generally geek-loved actor Nathan Fillion.

?I wonder if my throat could take it,? he said, joking that he doesn?t believe he has the vocal stamina to mimic Batman?s gravelly voice. ?I think I?d make an excellent Bruce Wayne; I think I?d make a terrible Batman.?

Fillion, who is no stranger to superheroes and recently voiced the Green Lantern in the straight-to-DVD animated movie Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, adds that he has not been approached in any way about the role. He also cautions fans who are currently stumping for certain actors to get the part ? even those stumping for him. ?If you wanted to see a particular person as Batman, I think one of the worst things you could do is shove it down someone?s throat as far as the new director of Batman or the new producers of Batman,? he says. ?Probably the worst thing you could do if there?s someone you want to be Batman is sort of rally.?

Batman or not, Fillion will soon (finally!) be back on the small screen when Castle returns Sept. 23 on ABC. For more on the show?s return, pick up EW?s Fall TV preview issue, out next month.

Source: Entertainment Weekly

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/ben-affleck-is-the-new-batman-1200586881/

AUGUST 22, 2013 | 06:11PM PT Film will bow July 17, 2015

ben-affleck.jpg?w=490&h=276&crop=1   Justin Kroll Film Reporter@krolljvar

Ben Affleck is Batman.

The actor will replace Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming untitled Superman-Batman feature for Warner Bros., the studio announced Thursday.

?Man of Steel? actors Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane are reprising their roles with Zack Snyder on board to direct.

The film is slated to bow on July 17, 2015.

Other Info:

In the announcement, Silverman stated, ?We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics? most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some. His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character.? 

Snyder also expressed his excitement about the casting of Affleck, noting, ?Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry?s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can?t wait to work with him.? 

Kroll added, ?We are so thrilled that Ben is continuing Warner Bros.? remarkable legacy with the character of Batman. He is a tremendously gifted actor who will make this role his own in this already much-anticipated pairing of these two beloved heroes.? 

Affleck recently starred in the Academy Award?-winning Best Picture ?Argo,? which he also directed and produced, earning acclaim and a BAFTA Award nomination for his performance in the film, as well as a number of directing honors. In 2010, he starred in and directed the hit crime thriller ?The Town.? His recent acting work also includes ?The Company Men,? ?State of Play,? and ?Hollywoodland,? for which he received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor. Earlier in his career, Affleck starred in and co-wrote (with Matt Damon) ?Good Will Hunting,? for which he won an Oscar? for Best Original Screenplay. 

The new Super Hero film is being scripted by David S. Goyer from a story he co-created with Zack Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as executive producers. 

Production is expected to begin in 2014. 

Fire that casting director, I normally try to stay open and accepting but this is just plain stupid. People are going to go watch it to watch Ben Affleck completely ruin Batman as opposed to just enjoying watching Batman.

Troll casting is troll.

• Like 2

Did you already forget about Daredevil?

I'm not really sure what he did wrong in DareDevil other than agree to do a movie with a bad script. To often we blame the actor and not the people that wrote and directed the movie.

DareDevil as a character is a p***y anyway...

• Like 3

I'm not really sure what he did wrong in DareDevil other than agree to do a movie with a bad script. To often we blame the actor and not the people that wrote and directed the movie.

DareDevil as a character is a p***y anyway...

Depends of what Daredevil you're talking about.

Frank Miller's Daredevil rocks!

Ben Affleck has been involved in some fine projects the last few years. I'm not going to write him off as a bad choice at this stage. I thought Heath Ledger was a bad choice, until I saw him playing the Joker.

• Like 4

The last movie I saw Ben Afflect in was The Town and I thought that was a good movie. So yeah..I'm not gonna say it's a bad choice just yet even if I can't see it.

Then again Batman isn't from Boston, so who knows.