• No
  2. 2. Which game mode do you want?

• Survival only.
    • Creative only.
    • Survival with creative upon request.
  3. 3. Mob griefing on or off?

• On
    • Off

I only played creative on the old server so, I voted for creative only but maybe we can have the old system with separate worlds for survival and creative.  :)

It will be just one world using what the majority votes for. As a compromise we could provide some resources at spawn.

It will be just one world using what the majority votes for. As a compromise we could provide some resources at spawn.

I think getting started resources should be at spawn. Maybe stone picks, food, etc. Just to get people started.

Things like farms should be built when the user has enough resources to do so or built as a group.

I think getting started resources should be at spawn. Maybe stone picks, food, etc. Just to get people started.

Things like farms should be built when the user has enough resources to do so or built as a group.

Exactly what I had in mind. In addition there can be some basic housing at spawn - similar to what we have now - and perhaps a few safe houses randomly added across the map.

I wonder when 1.7 wil be ready. The snapshots show some world generation bugs such as land floating in mid air and seas with just one block of water and then air under it.

They have added new biomes and they have also changed the world generation code so starting from scratch is a definitive YES.

I always start from scratch every time they make changes to the world generator. You'll get strange borders between old and new chunks as well as the problem where you have to walk VERY LONG to reach some of the new content such as the new flowers and podzol that will be added to 1.7.

Exactly what I had in mind. In addition there can be some basic housing at spawn - similar to what we have now - and perhaps a few safe houses randomly added across the map.

I just dig myself a hole into a hill and block myself in lol

• 3 weeks later...

The poll result is a clear vote for a survival-only server. So be it.

Once 1.7 is out we'll set up a spawn area (I'm thinking 200x200 blocks will do), then re-whitelist people. Any further details will be discussed in time - e.g. large biomes or not, which biome to use for spawn, what to provide as starting kit.

The poll result is a clear vote for a survival-only server. So be it.

Once 1.7 is out we'll set up a spawn area (I'm thinking 200x200 blocks will do), then re-whitelist people. Any further details will be discussed in time - e.g. large biomes or not, which biome to use for spawn, what to provide as starting kit.

A crashed plane in a jungle area as spawn :p

minecraft-plane-crash.jpeg

That would be cool!

Just have a few supplies there and then let people go off and survive.

It would be like Lost.

The first lot of people could be like "The Others". So newcomers would have an enemy. PvP would have to be on though.