SpaceX Dragon 2 - testing & updates

6 minutes ago, DocM said:

They're leaving the Falcon Heavy hardware on the reaction frame - faster turn-arounds.

Yes...saw that the other day...this is a "system" being worked on for rapid turn around...these guys just don't give dust a chance to settle.

2 hours ago, flyingskippy said:

Is that a counter weight below the walkway? Looks as if it is attached to the service hoses on D2. Perhaps in the saw of an abort?

Any counterweights would be at the tower end.

AIUI, for Dragon 2 they'll remove the regular umbilical frame (longer, used for fairing launches) and replace it with a shorter one so the Crew Access Arm (CAA) can have clear access to the spacecraft. 

Added plus: for Commercial Cargo 2 launches using Dragon 2 the CAA will allow very late additions to the cargo load. With Dragon 1, now out of production, they need to lower the entire rocket to horizontal.

Sorry. I wasn't very descriptive with that one. The structure I have circled looks like there is a line attached to the D2 service umbilical.

Screenshot_20190106-193540.png

Bit of an odd perspective/odd angle for that. Hmm. Could be the way the image was taken compared to how it looks.

I honestly can't tell, myself.

SpaceX Demo-1 Launch Update

Anna Heiney
Posted on January 10, 2019

NASA and SpaceX are continuing to work on the activities leading toward the Demo-1, uncrewed flight test to the International Space Station. NASA and SpaceX are now targeting no earlier than February for the launch of Demo-1 to complete hardware testing and joint reviews. NASA and SpaceX will confirm a new target date after coordination with the Eastern Range and the International Space Station Program.

https://blogs.nasa.gov/commercialcrew/2019/01/10/spacex-demo-1-launch-update/

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...