PS4 Owner Impressions

I have neither cake or a ps4. However I do have a pack of lemon and ginger cookies I am slowly working my way through. Good times.

• Like 2

Just got mine and hooked it up. Update was kind of slow, but not too bad. Controller is way better than a dualshock 3 besides its atrocious battery life. However, I didn't buy any games yet and I can't sign in to PSN anyways as they are apparently having issues. It's also a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be - easily dwarfs my Wii U sitting next to it with both sitting vertical. 

It's dead quiet for me and I'm sitting within 7 feet of it right now, of course that might change once a game is loaded. The menu is nice and quick as well, it doesn't seem to work with my home theater system though as when I first tried to use it, the video feed kept cutting in and out. Not sure what the deal with that is as it supports the Xbox 360 and PS3 at 1080p fine.

So I haven't really got to experience much yet due to the PSN issues, but the background music on this system menu is like something you would hear in a massage parlor and is putting me to sleep.

People wait outside the Best Buy in Hagerstown, MD to purchase PlayStation 4, which went on sale at 12:01 am Friday.

The line began forming at noon Wednesday  :|  for the $399 gaming system.

A tent ? seriously ?

post-37120-0-39230000-1384559463.jpg

I got four. Four PS4s.

Let me put it like this. Imagine you have one cake, and I have four cakes. This is like that. Except, you have no cakes, and I have four PS4s. Also I have this cake.

portal-cake.jpg

meow much?? :p

Well I've been digging into the system for a few hours now. Should I post my impressions here or in a new thread? I don't know how much details you guys want but I have a fairly long run down :laugh:

I don't want to shove a wall of text here if no one wants it here.

I can't sign into PSN.. Anyone else having that issue? Just says waiting..

I'm also currently unable to sign in. I was on earlier to download Resogun, but I've been cut off for the last hour.

can you charge the controller while the system is off?

Yes you can.

Well I've been digging into the system for a few hours now. Should I post my impressions here or in a new thread? I don't know how much details you guys want but I have a fairly long run down :laugh:

I don't want to shove a wall of text here if no one wants it here.

new thread. lets hear your reviews bud!

I'm also currently unable to sign in. I was on earlier to download Resogun, but I've been cut off for the last hour.

Yes you can.

thanks bro!

So far, so good! I'm very happy with my purchase. The PS4 is well built, quiet and small. The interface is an improvement over the PS3, but could use additional tweaking. It is very fast and snappy which I like. I also like the redesigned PlayStation Store. Well done Sony!

Killzone is a great game. Reminds me of Halo...somewhat. Beautiful graphics.

The only issue I've encountered thus far is a message keeps appearing saying PSN is down for maintenance. I guess it was to be expected that PSN would crash with the sudden rush of PS4s connecting to it and accessing it.

Hmm, I am tempted to go check out if any stores around me have it in stock, and if so just cancel the Amazon.ca one as it is still in a preparing state.

What shipping speed did you choose? I find that amazon(atleast in america) tends to take their time at getting your item ready and shipped if you choose the standard shipping.

The store needs some work, it is pretty laggy. Also, I randomly get errors that kick me out of the current app that say something along the lines of "the service is unavailable". IMO the UI looks better than on the PS3, but it is also more convoluted. As others have said, the controller feels much improved. Have had no sound issues with mine. And no surprise that the launch game selection is pathetic, that was to be expected for both consoles.

The store needs some work, it is pretty laggy. Also, I randomly get errors that kick me out of the current app that say something along the lines of "the service is unavailable". IMO the UI looks better than on the PS3, but it is also more convoluted. As others have said, the controller feels much improved. Have had no sound issues with mine. And no surprise that the launch game selection is pathetic, that was to be expected for both consoles.

I agree about the store lag and the app issues. Those seem to tbe primary performance related issues right now on the system. The apps seem pretty unstable and slow. I think the store performance problems may be linked to the psn issues in general, hence why psn has been down. Hopefully once Sony sorts that out, the store will perform better.

I also agree about the overall ui. Its better, but then they seemed to add too much of the wrong thing. Just seems a bit incomplete.

i got mine last night at a Gamestop midnight release. went straight to bed last night afterwards, then work, and then i have company for the weekend so i wont even hook it up until sunday.

Being this bad at organizing your affairs.

Step it up friend.

Yes you can.

So people are all about Sony giving them some credit or a game for the downtime, right? :p

If anyone got a PS4 and is on Neowin writing about it, they're doing their launch day wrong!

Go play!

I'm taking a break from Resogun at the moment. I was going to download the other ps+ indie games, but psn is still down for me.