PS4 Owner Impressions

Andrew

I swear if my PS4 is DOA I will rage quit life after the nonsense I've had to deal with my X1 :no:

curme

Amazon wouldn't post my review about my BLOD. Maybe I will pick one up when it becomes available in Korea in December, but it seems like there aren't any real stand out games that I am missing out on. At this point the PS4 seems like something just to experiment with until the really good games start rolling out.

I forgot to mention the packing on mine too. The box was too big and the bubble wrap loosely placed in the box. My box had been taped up a second time so I guess the PS4 slid around against the top during transit until it finally just broke out of the box, and USPS put it back in and taped the box back up. That could of been the cause of my BLOD too.

Lord Method Man

I hope the one I got is okay. I'm tempted to open it up and test it. I'm not one to open gifts before I give them but I'd hate for it to turn out bad on Christmas day :/

firey

I hope the one I got is okay. I'm tempted to open it up and test it. I'm not one to open gifts before I give them but I'd hate for it to turn out bad on Christmas day :/

DO IT

+Audioboxer

itshappening.png

firey

itshappening.png

I remember when mine showed that..  Started at 6AM on the 15th... ended at 11PM on the 15th (when it did finally ship).  I checked the status every hour.  Yep.. was 3 days after launch before I actually got it.

JonnyLH

*Sat eagerly awaiting Drive Clubs launch to order a PS4*

• Like 1

trooper11

2 days away! :)

Showan

3 days, yay! Got my copy of AC4 from Currys for ?26. There was a ?20 off xboxone code that wasn't suppose to go public, looks like Currys honored most of the purchases with it as well.

At launch I'll have KZ, AC4, Resogun and all the other PS+/PS3 title ports (likes of Flower/Sound Shapes).

Assassin's Creed series has never been my thing.  I tried to give the AC-I and AC:II a whirl.... Could never get into the series...  

Andrew

<snip>

Mine is sitting at this too. Hope DPD are delivering them (Y)

GameOverRob

DPD are delivering mine later today, had a text from them this morning.

Andrew

Mine was just dispatched (Y)

AJerman

Glad everyone is getting there consoles now. I feel bad, I got mine on launch day and I've barely touched it. Work has been absolutely ridiculous, and now that I'm actually home on Thanksgiving I have a ton of things to catch up on at the house. :laugh: Hoping to get to play a little later.

trooper11

Hoping to here more impressions from you guys once you have a chance to play with them.

+Audioboxer

Mines has been dispatched as well. Happy its coming by DPD. My 7200RPM 750GB drive was delivered today as well.

trooper11

The pricing is a little off, but its a start I guess.

sbauer

Exciting times. Hope everyone has a good launch.

trooper11

Better late then never to the party :p :laugh:

Have fun!

spacer

I hope you're all enjoying your PS4 today!

• Like 1

Brian M.

Just had mine delivered. Have to do some A/V rack rewiring, then I'm good to go!

The_Decryptor

Mine's been postponed until Monday because our post office couldn't handle the load (Y)

trooper11

Mine's been postponed until Monday because our post office couldn't handle the load (Y)

That sucks, the waiting is the hardest part.

• Like 1

The_Decryptor

It's actually good for me, the area I want to put it needs to be cleaned up and I've been really lazy, gives me a couple more days.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.8.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.8.0 changelog:

General:

Added youtube-dl engine which fixes support for YouTube channel feeds Added automatic names for web feeds in the user interface, and the ability to add/edit manual names for web streams Added sample web radio stream Added support for pasting YouTube channels directly, instead of needing the feed URLs Improved performance and logging for unmonitored files Fixed several web content user interface bugs Fixed sample web feeds and streams not being loaded on macOS Fixed broken sample web feeds Fixed/updated readme links Fixed web bump interface Fixed broken thumbnail caching on macOS Fixed support for mp3 radio streams on the web interface Fixed support for radio streams without thumbnails on the web interface Translation updates via Crowdin:

Danish (100%) (thanks, NCAA!) English (United Kingdom) (36%) (thanks, Pete Russell!) Finnish (100%) (thanks, Esko Gardner!) Italian (99%) (thanks, Dimitri Graffi!) Korean (100%) (thanks, VenusGirl!) Portuguese (99%) (thanks, mariopinto!) Portuguese (Brazilian) (96%) (thanks, Mauro.A!) Turkish (100%) (thanks, Burak Yavuz!) Dependencies:

Bump commons-io from 2.10.0 to 2.11.0 Bump FFmpeg to latest Git versions Bump logback-version from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4 Bump oshi-core from 5.7.5 to 5.8.0 Bump rome from 1.15.0 to 1.16.0 Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.2.3 to 4.3.0 Bump Video.js from 7.10.1 to 7.13.3 Download: Universal Media Server 10.8.0 | 161.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Usama Jawad96
      Microsoft Stores for Business and Education are not supported in Windows 11
      by Usama Jawad

Back in March, we speculated that Microsoft may be killing off the Microsoft Store for Business and Education soon, due to the fact that it had stated that users will not be allowed to purchase paid apps from April 14. The move had been previously rumored to kick off in June 2020 but the pandemic put a dent in those plans, and it seems that Microsoft pushed the date forward internally. Today, the firm has categorically confirmed that the Microsoft Store for Business and Education will not be supported on Windows 11 - which is scheduled for a release later this year.

Starting from the first half of 2022, customers will be able to find and deploy applications to their managed devices using Microsoft Intune or their unified endpoint management (UEM) solution. For unmanaged devices, deployment is possible via the WinGet tool in Windows Package Manager. This will be applicable to all existing and new app types coming to the redesigned Microsoft Store experience.

In light of the above, Microsoft Store for Business and Education are being killed off in the first quarter of 2023. The portals will not be supported in Windows 11 but admins can still utilize UEM solutions to harness the connection to the respective portals, and use it to deploy apps to managed Windows 11 devices, until the Stores are retired completely in 2023.

Windows Package Manager can be used to query and centrally deploy private and public apps to Windows 10 devices, and the same capability will be present on Windows 11. UEM solutions can be utilized to manage repositories. A preview for these capabilities will be released in the first half of 2022, with general availability targeted for the second half of 2022.

The overall and simplified timeline for this evolution in the commercial app deployment process is outlined below:

The company also has a list of useful FAQs on its announcement blog post for you to peruse if you're affected by these changes.

• By Brandon H
      Neowin's Community Minecraft Server
      Server hosting is provided by BisectHosting

Discussion of connecting with pirated copied (including requests for offline mode for this reason) will result in you receiving a warning. The usual forum rules for piracy apply here.

Server Address:
      mc.neowin.net (204.44.126.159)
      Currently Running FTB Cotton - v1.1.0

Server Rules
      Be nice, polite, and respectful No Griefing, this is your only warning Do not build on others door steps without permissions, explore and find your own land Do not be annoying Do not build at spawn without permission of an admin Do not modify any other players builds without permission Have fun, if you don't have fun you will get slapped Label all builds in creative  

If you wish to join our server please post here with your Minecraft username; you must be an active member of the Neowin community.

Our server is powered by donations. Payments are made quarterly. Please help donate to the server to keep it running.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Google is deprecating Play Services support for Android Jelly Bean
      by Usama Jawad

Google announced Android Jelly Bean in June 2012. The update spanned across Android versions 4.1 to 4.3.1 released in 2013, and was followed up by version 4.4, dubbed "KitKat". Now, after nine years of support, the firm is finally deprecating Play Services support for the operating system.

Google has explained that Android Jelly Bean is currently present on less than 1% of active devices and considering that the OS does not support a bunch of modern capabilities, developers have to spend a lot of time on workarounds. As such, it is deprecating support for Google Play Services on this flavor of the OS. APK version 21.30.99 scheduled for release in August will be the last supported version.

This change affects developers utilizing API levels 16, 17, 18 as the minimum version in their SDK. While the functionality present in existing versions of the SDK will continue to work, newer components may not support these API levels, which means that developers will be hit with errors when trying to build their app.

There are two workarounds for this problem. The first and obvious one is to change the minimum SDK level to 19. The impact of this is that users on Android Jelly Bean and older devices will not be able to see or download updates to the app. That said, given the few number of users actively using these devices, Google does not believe that this impact will be massive. The second workaround involves building multiple flavors of your app. One version for modern devices and the other for legacy handsets. Of course, there are compatibility caveats to consider with this approach as well, so we recommend that you have a look at Google's documentation here.

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.7.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.7.0 changelog:

General:

Improved detection of movies and anime episodes Increased default max memory on Windows machines with 8+ GB RAM Removed filename from entries inside the TRANSCODE folder Fixed upnp:class in UPnP search results (thanks, ik666!) Fixed the "Reset the cache" button not resetting API metadata too Fixed failed database upgrade for fully played statuses Fixed FFmpeg crash Fixed marking a directory as fully played not changing cached thumbnails Renderers:

Improved support for VLC on iPhone Translation updates via Crowdin:

Czech (100%) Danish (100%) (thanks, NCAA!) Finnish (100%) (thanks, Esko Gardner!) French (100%) (thanks, Archaos!) Hungarian (94%) (thanks, Zatamon!) Korean (100%) (thanks, VenusGirl!) Polish (100%) (thanks, Karol Szastok!) Portuguese (99%) (thanks, mariopinto!) Portuguese (Brazilian) (96%) (thanks, Mauro.A!) Romanian (100%) (thanks, FlorinT!) Russian (89%) (thanks, Dmitry Lavrentev!) Turkish (100%) (thanks, Burak Yavuz!) Dependencies:

Bump assertj-core from 3.19.0 to 3.20.2 Bump checkstyle from 8.43 to 8.44 Bump commons-io from 2.9.0 to 2.10.0 Bump doxia-module-docbook-simple from 1.9.1 to 1.10 Bump git-commit-id-plugin from 4.0.4 to 4.0.5 Bump jaudiotagger from 2.2.5 to 2.2.7 Bump maven-idea-plugin from 2.2.1 to 2.3-atlassian-10 Bump oshi-core from 5.7.4 to 5.7.5 Download: Universal Media Server 10.7.0 | 153.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware